The online racing simulator
kart crashes!
(27 posts, started )
kart crashes!
Some nasty looking crashes there. My mate once somehow managed to turn one over. He got a bollocking off the marshall.
turn over a kart!?

driving on a velcro track with wool wheels or something!?!?!
i had some races that serious accidents occured, but omg what are these?? very serious incidents..too extreme video.This sport is not as dangerous as in that video
Quote from TyresHot :i had some races that serious accidents occured, but omg what are these?? very serious incidents..too extreme video.This sport is not as dangerous as in that video

It isn't if you're sensible. At the weekend the same race was red flagged twice due to people flipping. The same class but in a different race was also red flagged. (It was senior max) The worst one was at a flat-out 70mph corner, some guy got turned over and flipped three times, the kart landing on top of him each time. He split a bone in his leg down the middle. The senior max class where I race contains really unsensible people and so accidents like that happen but in, for example, the cadets, there are hardly ever any crashes, never mind flips.
i had 1 or 2 races with such as unsensible people,i knew that the arce will be dangerous, i drove really carefull and a bit slow, it was what i had to do.

anyway i love karting
Heh, my two favourites had to be the kart that jumps 3 foot in the air while on level ground, and the guy who spun and then went backwards over that little crest.

A few of them looked quite serious though. At least there's not much weight in the things.
Ouuuuuuuuuuch.:schwitzo karts have seat belts?
No, if they had seatbelts a few of those crashes on the video would have been fatal. Because there is no roll bar you need to be thrown free from the kart if it's flipping so you don't land on your head with a 85kg kart on top of you.

EDIT: watched it again and I doubt any of them could have been fatal with seatbelts but the accident i mentioned in my post above this one could have been.

EDIT (again):@Will - have you ever flipped?
Man, at my club we have like 1-2 red flags a day tops. 1 Flip a day I'm guessing.
Wtf? Not a single explosion! Boring!!!

On a serious note those are really really nasty. Karting is one sport I wish I did as a kid. Now im too old
dam at our race or europe champs nd stuff we ave like 4 flips in the role up lap !!honestly illepall
#13 - J.B.
I don't see the LOL in serious kart crashes.
haha yea ive seen that vid a few times. Ive fliped a few times its not that bad. Karting at high levels is cut throat so ur gonna see a lot more flipping then at the lower levels.
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :dam at our race or europe champs nd stuff we ave like 4 flips in the role up lap !!honestly illepall

do u race in the euro champs? my mate did too alst year, this year he did world champs, whats your name?

leifde, yea ive flipped, i was in an FA and overtaking a MAX, the back stepped out i clipped him and went over. Ive also been hit FLAT OUT by a guy, he flipped but it turned me the right way and i carried on. flukiest accident EVER!
Just found my very 1st kart racing win on YouTube, while looking at that vid!! weird!!!
Ha ha ha!! Quality isn't great, dunno who video'd it... It's from waaaaay back in 1998!
You cant really distinguish between the karts but i'm the one leading from start to finish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgtUnwqeYkQ

P.S. for those of you who dont know it's in the JICA (Junior Intercontinental A) class...
I remember at the Scottish Super Series round up at Boyndie the commentator called our class Mad Max. First race of the day I was starting about 5th and got a good start. Hugged the inside line but someone on the outside of me turned in putting his rear bumper in my front wheel ripping the valve out. I was busy trying to keep in a straight line when a couple of karts in front of me hit into the hairpin and sent the guy over. Unlucky for him he got stuck in the kart and was trapped under it, as light as they are you don't want probably about 100kgs on your neck. I saw it all happen and it looked sore. Then for the life of me I couldn't understand some people, I came to a stop as there were marshals trying to get on track to help the guy and got hit from behind and got all sorts of gestures from this person.

I think he already had a neck problem so he was taken off to hospital, which in a way was lucky for me as I had to go replace the valve in my tyre. Wasn't allowed to change the wheel because it was one set of tyres for the day and was then forced to the back of the grid for leaving the circuit.

Then our second heat the person starting on pole didn't realise after 2 years of racing that when the lights go green you get on with it. So after a rather slow rolling lap when the lights changed to green it caused a massive pile up as this person was waiting to cross the line before he put his foot down :S. Can't remember if that race was red flagged or not but it was foolish to say the least.

Then in the final in a near flat out corner two people collided and sent his kart barrel rolling end over end about 6 times. The marshals were so busy in shock watching the accident that they were rather slow in throwing the red flag. My Dad got to the guy first and just told him to stay where he is, he came out alright but his borrowed chassis was in a right mess. Raditoatar was torn off and the front hub carriers torn off the chassis.
cool niki
ohh and niki did that video say andrew fallon ???
nope andy only started karting a few years ago
kk some video !!who uploaded them on to youtube ??
dont have a clue
jus found it
#24 - J.B.
Quote from J.B. :My money is on no money.

Dangerous statement... If he gets enough people to state the same, then he'd just say 'no', get your money, and pick up racing again.

kart crashes!
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG