The online racing simulator
A New Oval? (Take a look, not a serious thread!)
People want another oval in the game, I have just found the perfect track for them, the Lingotto test circuit, built by FIAT on top of their factory!

Superb test track!
lol, awsome! i'd love to have that one

could be fit in South city somewhere on the roof
Old.
sure its old....but not everybody knows it mmmk? illepall

nice track but its not the perfect oval imho. Tally or Dega is what we need and then a short oval.

And btw rc10racer, who said a new oval should be on top of the "to do list" ?
I think lfs has other thing alot more important thing then making a new oval track

wet weather plz

Pretty cool, but LFS already has one too many ovals..............

Dan,
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D
why isn't it possible that those oval-bashers just shut the **** up? i mean, if they are not interested in this kind of racing, why do they stick around in those threads and start trolling around?

i don't go into a drifters-thread (i do not have anything against drifters, it's just an example) and start trolling: "drifting is so stupid"

one reason why there are always those threads: "new oval!!" is maybe people want a new oval. (to be honest, we have over 900 car/track combinations at the moment, and only 40 or so car/oval combinations....

and one more point: modeling an oval is almost the simplest kind of track you can model.... every other track needs much more time

BITE ME!
Quote from Fischfix :why isn't it possible that those oval-bashers just shut the **** up? i mean, if they are not interested in this kind of racing, why do they stick around in those threads and start trolling around?

i don't go into a drifters-thread (i do not have anything against drifters, it's just an example) and start trolling: "drifting is so stupid"

one reason why there are always those threads: "new oval!!" is maybe people want a new oval. (to be honest, we have over 900 car/track combinations at the moment, and only 40 or so car/oval combinations....

and one more point: modeling an oval is almost the simplest kind of track you can model.... every other track needs much more time

BITE ME!

the mystery of the lfs community
This wasn't meant to turn into an oval bashing thread, hence why I put in the title NOT A SERIOUS THREAD, I just found this track and thought it was cool, being on top of a bloody building and all I thought I would share it with the LFS community, being as we are all here becuase we love racing! This is a real test track built on top of a factory, now there Italian logic for ya!
Yes, I was stunned when I hear about that track the first time. It's a genious idea from the factory. You build a car and test it on the roof. And I think that was the most modern factory in it's time, pure capitalistic use of space, I love it.
Reminds me of that old BMW advert where they were driving a car on the roof of a building. I learnt a lot from "The making of..." too. Like the driver couldn't handbreak turn a BMW so they had to put a washing up liquid + water mix down.
I'm no big fan of ovals, but the idea is great (IRL, not for LFS) from the production line right to the test
#14 - ste_
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Reminds me of that old BMW advert where they were driving a car on the roof of a building. I learnt a lot from "The making of..." too. Like the driver couldn't handbreak turn a BMW so they had to put a washing up liquid + water mix down.

I remember that advert. I always wondered why on earth he was wearing a crash helmet. Surely the only sensible precaution would have been to wear rubber pants.
Didnt they use this track on the original Italian Job film? It wouldn't be the only roof they drove on...
Quote from Becky Rose :Didnt they use this track on the original Italian Job film? It wouldn't be the only roof they drove on...

Yes they did! well remembered!
Quote from 510N3D : nice track but its not the perfect oval imho. Tally or Dega is what we need...

So which do you want, Tally or Dega? Tough choice!
I remember this on Italian Job.
I don't think this track is oval enough to be an oval.
Maybe a rectang-al
#19 - Jakg
Quote from Becky Rose :Didnt they use this track on the original Italian Job film? It wouldn't be the only roof they drove on...

yeap, they did, in fact one of the biggest jumps in the whole of the Italian Job was from this building, in fact it was so big it wrecked the cars (suspension = knackered), and most of the Italians were convinced none of the cars were gonna make it, unfortunately they didn't film it well, so in the film it looks fake, although they really did the jump from the right height
I really would like a new oval track, but, it would be the indianapolis track.
The basic oval track with/without the F1/Nascar track...
Quote from jtr99 :So which do you want, Tally or Dega? Tough choice!

i cant decide...what about both?

:doh: actually i meaned tally and tona had to do a quick reply today thats why lolol thanks for that reference.
hehe, i wonder if i can fit a karting track on my roof? a scalectrix track mibi.
As seen in the original "The Italian Job"? I always assumed it was that one anyway.
Didn't know the picture, you made me smile =)
Nice track :bump:
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG