The online racing simulator
Quali starts Sunday...
Oops....yes, thanks for the correction.
Anyone....anyone....logos? Do we have them yet?
I know everyone has been waiting for new stuff to use on their skin, but there are things holding me back currently from releasing any bits and pieces. It is complicated... and perhaps a 'surprise' I should say.... and at the moment I cannot release something I am eventually going to change immediately a few days after. Not easy to explain, but you'll understand after I make an announcement later this week (there will be a new thread including many things).

Don't worry too much about the specific race logo, I am primarily focused on releasing the essentials. It should all be ready before this race, and if everyone does not get to use the template on their skin because of the short notice, it's not going to be a problem... at least for this race.
here's a quick south city event logo for those who want to use it
Attached images
south city MOE.png
Nice teaz-R!

Here is the one I mentioned before. I've had it done for a while, but wasn't sure whether to release it. Anyway, have a look.
Attached images
MOE_LOGO_6H_SO4_500.png
I kinda like Banshee's more than TeazR's. Both are absolutely excellent, but my preference it toward Banshee's and it seems a little more in line with the style of event logos that came before it
#16 spdoRacing

2024*2024 Version
Attached images
XRR_spdo_MoE.jpg
#1 Cyber Racing

HighRes
Attached images
FZR_cyb_so6h.jpg
#7 - ID Gaming
Attached images
FZR_MoE_7ID-6H.jpg
#17 Tps
Attached images
XRR_TPS2007_moe6h.jpg
#27 Orange Racing Team
Attached images
XRR_MoE-ORT-B.jpg
Question regarding the newer templates I am working on...

Would you guys prefer to have different color sunstrips for each class? Examples of this are in Super GT (white & yellow) Or all one color/theme for every car on the grid? I ask this because I am curious if you think it is necessary, and if you think it might conflict with your team's skin/theme. I don't think it would be that bad, it would just be easier to tell the difference of the two classes.

I don't know what two colors we could try, but I guess if we have blue for GT1, and red for GT2, would you want the sunstrips to be those colors? Or something else? Suggestions & comments please!

------

And some other thoughts about the number plaques I am making. I am thinking of making a standard design with just the MOE title on top, and number placement on the bottom. Then, for something on the side, have a colored GT1 (blue) or GT2 (red) sticker to show what class the car is in. Either that, OR we have a special number plaque that is colored for whatever the class is and/or make the number itself colored blue or red? Ideas welcome.

I have so many ideas made up here, but not sure what most people will like to use. So please post some ideas with what you think would be a nice arrangement for the MoE number plaque, and I'll have these templates ready for you shortly.
-
(Tweaker) DELETED by Tweaker : strange double post
Quote :special number plaque that is colored for whatever the class is

I'd go with that + the windscreen visor.
Should be well visible from a distance.

Now go make something funky
I agree with this. I think it is enough to have "official" colored sunstripes and numberplates.

As for the back side of a car, imo each team should do something about it indicating wich car class it is. I saw most of GT2 teams did their GT2 sign on the back, maybe now just make everybody use same color for those signs.

And for the back of the car i thinik it is better for teams to make their own design, wich will float with the skins better, but should be visible.

This aside, i can't wait to see the stuff u doing
This season we're using a stylised number on the side as part of the overall paint scheme, so on a selfish note I'd prefer no forced number plaque.
I created a simple number plate that had the standard two-color MOE logo at the top, with a white field and class-appropriate colored numbers (red for GT2 in our case), and then added the large red GT2 field on the back of the car. The number plate is similar to what ALMS does with different colored numbers for LMP1 & 2, and GT1 & 2.

See our posted skin for example. http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=562716#post562716

An interesting thought is that the GT2 cars should have something on the rear, and the GT1 cars should have something on the fronts of the cars (to be seen in the mirrors of GT2 cars), since the cases where a GT2 car would pass a GT1 are limited to abnormal racing situations.
Quote from P1lot :This season we're using a stylised number on the side as part of the overall paint scheme, so on a selfish note I'd prefer no forced number plaque.

We aren't forcing anyone to use the number plaques, I've said that before the season started, but would require that people use the proper sunstrip and class color designation in the right places.

But your skin may look pretty stupid if you didn't fit the theme most others will be using after I release the template -- that is my selfish note I already know some teams will complain that the number plaque will cover up their design :rolleyes:. But all endurance series I know of mandate a number plaque in exactly the same position for every car, and their car design be based around that. If the number plaque is a problem for some, perhaps they can move it around.... but I sure hope they don't go squishing it and rotating it to make it look really stupid/small :zombie:

@Banshee: Both classes will have color designation on front and rear. It's just a matter of how I will do it, and how visible it is on everyone's skin.

At the moment I am going to try and make something that is a cross between Super GT (white for GT500 and yellow for GT300), ALMS, and that Zurich Insurance plaque used in 24H Nordschleife races (but not as big).
WE1 logo and Race 3 CoRe Racing GT2 skin.
Attached images
XRR_MOE_R3_GT2-29.jpg
XRR_MOE_R3_GT2-29hr.jpg
Yeah....except for the fact that I got the date wrong. :uglyhamme Will fix tonight.
Doh!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG