The online racing simulator

:d

why does the forum keep screwing up the smiley
ok, one thing that has been bugging me for a while, do you play GTR? or is Jeroen just a common name in Holland?
Nah not really, I played it occasionally though.
But yes, Jeroen is a really common name here really

i get asked that quite a lot actually, during races too
Quote from joen :Nah not really, I played it occasionally though.
But yes, Jeroen is a really common name here really

i get asked that quite a lot actually, during races too

right, because on another car forum i go on the owner and his best friend race in a GTR league for the website (they make some money out of it, and skins with the website can only help!) and one of their names is Jeroen, sorry for the O/T, just wondered!
no prob, this thread's done anyway
Quote from joen :no prob, this thread's done anyway

no, something good might come of it like the meaning of life! first person to get it gets a cookie!
Hmm, maybe you're right. Would be nice to finally get that one answered.
*waits in anticipation*
Quote from joen :Hmm, maybe you're right. Would be nice to finally get that one answered.
*waits in anticipation*

meh, it would take some deep thought to crack this one!
"Always look on the bright side of life..."

Heh... great movie
That was "the life of brian" wasn't it?
"the meaning of life' was the one with the fat guy throwing up like crazy right?
Wasn't it Hitchhikers? (in relation to Deep Thought puns)
Quote from MAGGOT :"Always look on the bright side of life..."

Heh... great movie

nope, there was a monty python movie called the meaning of life, although the meaning came right at the very end and was very short, i do have the DVD here, but i need to set my tv up to watch it first!
Quote from Jakg :nope, there was a monty python movie called the meaning of life, although the meaning came right at the very end and was very short, i do have the DVD here, but i need to set my tv up to watch it first!

Whoops, yes, that was Life of Brian...

Meaning of Life wasn't as funny as Life of Brian or the Holy Grail, but it was still a classic.

I love the beginning of it when the accountants take over the building and sail it into a city and 'board' other buildings. Classic
where do i put tweaks? and how do i use them?

(yes, i'm a newbie)
When i looked at this thread name, and before i clicked it, i thought a new tweak was released for U...but not.
The answer to the meaning of life is, I believe, 64
Quote from biggles :The answer to the meaning of life is, I believe, 64

no it isnt!
Quote :The answer to the meaning of life is, I believe, 64

Apart from getting the number wrong, the biggest misconception about The Hitchhikers Guide is that the answer to the ultimate question: "The meaning of life, the universe, and everything" is important, it isn't, what is more significant is the question - which is what you get when you multiply 7 by 8, which of course does not equal 42, or as the character Ford put it, "I always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe.".
Quote from Becky Rose :Apart from getting the number wrong, the biggest misconception about The Hitchhikers Guide is that the answer to the ultimate question: "The meaning of life, the universe, and everything" is important, it isn't, what is more significant is the question - which is what you get when you multiply 7 by 8, which of course does not equal 42, or as the character Ford put it, "I always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe.".

where would be the fun in the universe making sense in a logical and linear fashion?
3 guys walk into a hotel. They ask the manager how much one room is for the night, to which his reply is "$30." They don't have a lot of cash on them, so they decide to split the cost of the room and all stay in the same room, paying $10 each. They pay their money, and make their way up to the room. A couple hours later, the manager realises he's made a mistake; there is a special on that night, and a room is only $25. He sends the bellboy up with $5 to give to the three men, but on the way up he realises that it is impossible to break up $5 between 3 people. So, he takes $2 for himself, and gives the 3 men the other $3 ($1 each). Since the 3 men have recieved 1 dollar back, effectively they've each paid $9.

9x3=27. 27+2 (the $2 the bellboy took)=29.

Where did the other dollar go?
the computation is wrong the didn't spend 9 dollars each.
yes they did. They all spent 10. Then they each got a dollar in return. 10-1=9. They each spent $9 for the room. 9*3=27. Then, add the $2 the bellboy took; 27+2=29. 1 dollar is missing.
Your adding the two dollars the bellboy took, you should be deducting it

27-2=25, which is what they paid .
i have a book on maths that examplains that if you give someone a calculation that makes sense (ie 2+1=3), they assume the statement is correct, even if the question is "3 waiters met 1 fireman, how many people were there?", as the numbers appear to be correct so people cant be bother to check (just like me!)
Becky is correct - everyone assumes you have to add the two pounds to the 27, but in fact you deduct it from the 27.

3x9=27, 27-2=25. Bellboy was given 5 to return, 25+5=30

The story goes that it stumps chartered accountants, but every accountant (two) I have asked got it within 15 seconds.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG