What to do?
(44 posts, started )

Poll : What to do?

Pay about now and use some of my parent's money
Get good grades and earn my reward
Wait until Chirstmas, get S2 then
What to do?
Hi,

I am looking to want to buy S2. I know what to expect of the game (and I think it's great), but there's been one thing that's held me back: I have to pay over internet. My dad buys hardware via Newegg, so I would probably assume that he can trust this, but I'm not too sure. I currently only have about 60% of the cost to buy S2 but by Christmas I should receive enough money to buy S2 with my own funds, so what should I do?
If you have a force feedback steering wheel you ought to get some software for it, and LFS is *THE* software for it.
Beg, borrow or steal the money - whatever it takes
#4 - Honey
if you can get it now, there's no reason to wait...also, you may get it as a gift now and later another gift for christmas!!!
Quote from Honey :if you can get it now, there's no reason to wait...also, you may get it as a gift now and later another gift for christmas!!!

I had 52 bucks before but my dad told me he had no cash on him and so I had to pay $13, and another $15 at a local arcade. Fez-despenserit, why did I not know that?

Ah well. The first report card (I'm in 8th grade now!!! W00t) is going to be coming in a few months so I could just rack up good grades and get S2 then (That is, if I don't end up burning it up playing DDR at the local arcade in my location). That leaves me with a third option, but since I can't edit polls...

Quote from Gentlefoot :Beg, borrow or steal the money - whatever it takes

Can't; My parents will go fragging NUKE on me if I stole, and I can't really pay it back, and begging in my household doesn't do jackshiz...
#6 - Gunn
Option 3 added to poll.
#7 - Honey
well another option could be to use acouple days to learn hacking then crack a bank and get a dozen billion bucks, so that you can pay your S2 license and give the rest to me (wth i put the idea i need to be rewarded for this !!! )
#8 - herki
You can get your good grades afterwards to repay your parents

(in fact, you won't be able to do so, LFS is deadly for other activities as we all know)
#9 - RiGun
Maybe you should ask your parents if they can give you some chords for a little wage o something like that, LFS isn't really too expensive so after a little while i think you could gather all the cash you need, or... you could become a dealer and earn lots of cash.
Wait´until S3. :snail:
i remember having trouble like this when i wanted s2. i think it would be best to save up and buy it at christmas. although its a long wait. possibly you could get a weekend job or something. every little helps. but if i remember rightly spsamsp was wanting to buy someone a license about a month ago. i dont think he ever chose anyone though. (hint hint)
  • Hose
  • Soap
  • Windex
  • Paper Towels
  • Chamois
  • Armorall
  • Turtle Wax
  • Box to carry the stuff in.
When I was in junior high I went around the neighborhood washing cars for 25 bucks a pop. That was in 1977. Two cars washed = LFS S2.

And that's at 1977 prices.

[EDIT] 1977 I was in highschool. Had I been in junior high it would account for why I can't do the math that tells me when I actually *was* in junior high. I have no excuse.
Rob a bank.
You probably spend more money a week on low fat decaf cappuccino from starbucks. Use some of that towards buying LFS.
Quote :
You probably spend more money a week on low fat decaf cappuccino from starbucks. Use some of that towards buying LFS.

lol. harsh but still lol
Sounds like you spend too much time and money at the arcade?

Tell your dad, if you get LFS now, you'll be at home, most of the time where they can monitor you and NOT at the arcade, consorting with undesirables and spending all your money, exposed to drug dealers, pedophiles, corrupt undercover police etc etc .... hang on .. corrupt undercover police probably covers all of that

(Do NOT tell him LFS is so addictive you'll be on the net every day and night and minute of your spare time and there probably are more undesirables here in this forum )

Tell him LFS is a family type game all can play and it's non violent as in you don't shoot ppl etc and blood, death has not been coded

This advice just may throw the balance in your favour. As for money? Do some extra work around the house, mow the lawns, wash the cars, rake the leaves, babysit younger brothers/sisters? Whatever

Cheers ShannonN
Quote :(Do NOT tell him LFS is so addictive you'll be on the net every day and night and minute of your spare time and there probably are more undesirables here in this forum )

iill just back up this is extremely true. i did have a life until june 2006. *goes and cries *
Quote from Captain Slow :iill just back up this is extremely true. i did have a life until june 2006. *goes and cries *

@Gunn add option 4 to Poll
Do work for cash

@Captain Slow

I thought you'd say " Goes and plays LFS", "not goes and cries"
Quote from ShannonN :Sounds like you spend too much time and money at the arcade?

Tell your dad, if you get LFS now, you'll be at home, most of the time where they can monitor you and NOT at the arcade, consorting with undesirables and spending all your money, exposed to drug dealers, pedophiles, corrupt undercover police etc etc .... hang on .. corrupt undercover police probably covers all of that

(Do NOT tell him LFS is so addictive you'll be on the net every day and night and minute of your spare time and there probably are more undesirables here in this forum )

Tell him LFS is a family type game all can play and it's non violent as in you don't shoot ppl etc and blood, death has not been coded

This advice just may throw the balance in your favour. As for money? Do some extra work around the house, mow the lawns, wash the cars, rake the leaves, babysit younger brothers/sisters? Whatever

Cheers ShannonN

Nah, I usually don't spend more then $5...

The arcade near me is perfectly safe IMO, I have yet to encounter any of the stuff you said.

He doesn't care. He plays Halo on the Xbox with me sometimes so he doesn't care at all.

Money? Well, I did do chores but I never got jackshiz...
Quote from GTR_Yuni :Nah, I usually don't spend more then $5...

The arcade near me is perfectly safe IMO, I have yet to encounter any of the stuff you said.

He doesn't care. He plays Halo on the Xbox with me sometimes so he doesn't care at all.

Money? Well, I did do chores but I never got jackshiz...

$5 a day? week? if its $5 per week

Quote from GTR_Yuni : I had 52 bucks before but my dad told me he had no cash on him and so I had to pay $13, and another $15 at a local arcade

Ok so you still have 52 bucks less 28 bucks? That's 24 and you need 45 ish
at $5 bucks per week you'd spend at arcade = 4 weeks and you got the necessary cash, a long time when you want stuff badly but not as long as christmas?

My comments re. the arcade were "tongue in cheek" and not really serious, again the solution seems to be go round your neigbourhood doing odd jobs like we have suggested, if your dad won't pay for your chores neighbours etc may.

You can't sit back and expect the money to suddenly turn up under your pillow, you have to go out and earn it.
Quote :
i did have a life until june 2006. *goes and cries *

No you didn't. Capital Letters!
Quote from WhizzkidOne :No you didn't. Capital Letters!

yes i did. just you where to busy shooting innocent little bunny rabits to notice. i know i dont go outside very often but what do you expect living at tow law?
i'd beg the crap out of the parents if i were you. I did, and in 2 weeks i got s2.lol, i'm a bad boy.
Quote from ShannonN :You can't sit back and expect the money to suddenly turn up under your pillow, you have to go out and earn it.

Please add poll option:
Pull all teeth with pliers, buy S2 with tooth fairy money.

You don't need teeth to drive.
Get good grades and earn your reward (trust me, i'd take full advantage of it because you have a chance).

What to do?
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG