The online racing simulator
ATC August 13th review.
Somehow I got myself up to 6th place. Quite an acheivment considering I only had like 20 minutes or so with practise before the qual.

Anyway, I rolled on lap 6 and got stuck in the sand. Tried to get lose, and I could have I think ... but that would have gotten everyone else atleast 3 laps on me, and then it wasn't any point i continuing.
ATC GP 13th AUG. AFTER RACE
Well was a very interesting race for the first 50 laps.. Got damage on lap 9 or so and had to pit early. no tyres changed. Was working my way back through the grid with some good racing all the way to lap 50. was constantly watching my tyres and they were getting thinner and thinner (lep they can deffinatly last more than 5 laps!!!)

Was having alot of fun back in 7th gaining on those in front slowly.

Then.. WHAM!! "You Have Lost Connection To The Server) not a clue why. but that was that. Good race till then. Great fun
good race considering the track lol

i finished 7th....

started in 4th place after qualy, but an acci cought me a few laps later and i went to last place

So i raced like crazy to recover and i gained about 15 positions to reach 5th place, ahead of leprekon and gentlefoot, about 30 laps later!
And was still going fast but a rookie fellow thought blueflags meant "fag behind you" and knocked me out to an scheduled pit stop. still, not angry with you stu colditz!
So i lost my place to 7th behind leprekon and gentlefoot again :S

near the end i crashed into franky500 lolll.... sorry m8, but cars really dont brake in mid ar lol. Sorry again.

when is next?
Bad race as expected for me.

I managed to qualify in an unbelievable 20th position and I even managed to do 23 (!!!) laps before the first flip. After that, it went like this: flip, pit, watch mini map to let lapping drivers pass, hit wall, run wide on grass, watch mini map to let lapping drivers pass, flip, pit...

Until lap 51 (58 for the leaders), when I wanted to help t, who was stuck in the sand; but I got stuck myself. Franky came to help us, but got stuck, too. The end of that was, that the leader Afro finished and we all 3 got disqualified.
#5 - MR_B
Quote from spyshagg :
i finished 7th....

I finished 7th, you were 6th ahead of me, and stoney came 8th just behind me, gentlefoot came fourth and someone came 5th.

But i promise i came 7th
true i came 6th... thanks
#7 - Tukko
oh well.. good race.. first 50 laps

I got the pole, was leading whole race without mistakes until lap 54 or so I went bit wide in that tight right before 1st split.. hit the killer wall, not that hard but it sent me flying nice red suspension after that, but because i had 30 sec lead I tried to make those last few laps without pitstop. That was the worst mistake.. Had to stop couple laps later cause my car wasn't turning right anymore, so Afro and Dadge both passed me. Dadge was only few seconds in front of me so I thought there's nothing to lose anymore.. tried to catch him like a madman.. flipped and got stuck in the sand. End of race.
Did you get out or not finish? I was gonna pull up and help on the last lap, but didnt see ya in the gravel then.

Hada good race mainly, one unforced error, the other were avoiding things like Gentlefoots eager braking foot, first lap that cost me many places and the guys behind me too.

Shame, Ill just have to be weary next time.
#9 - Tukko
Quote from mkinnov8 :Did you get out or not finish? I was gonna pull up and help on the last lap, but didnt see ya in the gravel then.

nah didn't finish, I was there somewhere.. surrounded by Z and Franky who both tried to rescue me but they got stuck too Nice thought tho, thanks
Qualified in 3rd with a Pb on first flying lap! I just sat around in the pits after that, I guess i was just in the zone

started faily cleanly got to keep my third spot during T1, so it was going better than normal. started chasing after the leading pair. they were pulling ahead of me for a bit but they started battling a bit hard, so I caught them up. Renku has a bit of a spill on around lap 4, and tukko jist pissed off into the distance! I tried to catch but although I was averaging about 1.13.00 It wasn't enough to catch, although I was keeping up (at a distance) It wasn't long before he was out of view.

Lap 45 Ish My front tyre started to get Far to cold for comfort And stopped me putting on any real pace.

I nearly cried whe i saw Tukko in the sand, his blip getting closer and closer, so i chased hard for the next few laps. Lap 56 I pass Tukko in the sand at the last complex after the 2nd split. He was beached pretty bad.
Well done Franky and Zueg, Valiant effort but sadly to no avail. Zueg needs a Medal for the time spent on his roof, But Make Sure Stewie Colditz gets a bigger one, like Ziggy said "Every time you see him he's just crashed!"

Shame about Tukko's crash but There you go, that's racing>

Thanks Franky and co. Good Race!
Was fun TBH, my practice was the qualifying so 5th was good enough for me. On lap 1 I followed some guy through the last chicane and hit his tyre and bounced into the wall, so I pitted.

I drove untill about lap 20 pulling low 12's most laps, I got myself up to 5th or something 4 seconds behind Gentlefoot (Who hadnt pitted yet) then some stupid guy pulls out of pits into the side of me, I hit that wall and landed on my roof. Totally screwed my race and considering the fact that a pit stop for the 1st few guys would get me really close to them ,then Tukko going off, aslong as i drove like I did for 25 laps I would of been fine.

Personally I disagree with the rejoining once you've crashed should be aloud as when you are in the race you take it easier not to make mistakes, if your just driving for fun you go flat out and it's green. A few guys nearly got me, one guy after the 1st split on the left hander, went straight on, hit the barrier and flew back and landed on the road right behind me. Then other guys rolling and stuff, but then the final guy not looking at his map when leaving the pits.

I wouldnt't be so annoyed if it was me who messed up completely on my own but these things just annoy me.
my race was good and clean, i stared in 8th and tukko and afro were pulling a nice gap to the rest of us and gaga and pickard were just infront of me holding each other up a bit, then the next thing i know, i'm in third and gag is 2 seconds behind me. that's about it i kept it clean lapped franky who used me to pass other cars (cool move m8). i think the backmarkers did a very good job today and we all seemed to tame this track. i had lots of fun, thank you all for that one . til the next time guys
Quote from Bawbag :Was fun TBH, my practice was the qualifying so 5th was good enough for me. On lap 1 I followed some guy through the last chicane and hit his tyre and bounced into the wall, so I pitted.

the guy was me! lol
the tyre you are talking about did not move its place, you went straight to him

just saw the replay to check that (ammong many other cool accidents )
shame about ypu're incident earlier on spyshagg I was looking forward to racing you, we seemed pretty even in the warmup.

Guess that's even now tho

Had a good chase trying to lap Leprekaun , I nearly caught him But he pulled away quite nicely towards the end.
was a very nice race, and definitely have to participate in more of these GPs . My idea from the start of the race was to drive calmly and not to try and push. I was driving consistently at the start of the race with low 1:14s then I came to push a bit harder to set consistent low 1:13s and sometimes high 1:12s but mainly, I just drove calmly. Due to accidents and rolls, I was able to move up to 6th place, then I was able to pass the guy in 6th, then I stuck behind Gentlefoot for AGES!. Knowing that I was faster, it was very frustrating at times, but he eventually cracked, went on the grass and I passed. I decided to keep 5th place as a final target for the race then I was able to move up to 3rd due to a roll for gag and tukko getting beached (no need to push so hard m8) so I was very pleased to have achieved 3rd place. I'm thinkin now at the back of my mind, if I had gone for those low 1:13s at the start of the race, could I have had the potential to take 2nd off dadge?
#17 - MR_B
But I guess you'll never know ^

I'm sure the next 60 lapper will be a whole new kettle of fish...

..... Who the HELL puts fish in a kettle!?
Quote from mkinnov8 :Did you get out or not finish? I was gonna pull up and help on the last lap, but didnt see ya in the gravel then.

Hada good race mainly, one unforced error, the other were avoiding things like Gentlefoots eager braking foot, first lap that cost me many places and the guys behind me too.

Shame, Ill just have to be weary next time.

I had to back off to give Lep room as he was on the inside of me going thru the flat right hander. I've tried going through there two abreast before and it doenn't work unless both drivers lift.
Quote from Leprekaun :was a very nice race, and definitely have to participate in more of these GPs . My idea from the start of the race was to drive calmly and not to try and push. I was driving consistently at the start of the race with low 1:14s then I came to push a bit harder to set consistent low 1:13s and sometimes high 1:12s but mainly, I just drove calmly. Due to accidents and rolls, I was able to move up to 6th place, then I was able to pass the guy in 6th, then I stuck behind Gentlefoot for AGES!. Knowing that I was faster, it was very frustrating at times, but he eventually cracked, went on the grass and I passed. I decided to keep 5th place as a final target for the race then I was able to move up to 3rd due to a roll for gag and tukko getting beached (no need to push so hard m8) so I was very pleased to have achieved 3rd place. I'm thinkin now at the back of my mind, if I had gone for those low 1:13s at the start of the race, could I have had the potential to take 2nd off dadge?

I imagine it was frustrating stuck behind me. But you drove well m8, waited for the right moment and then made the pass just as Afro was catching to lap us. It broke my concentration slightly and before I knew what had happened you were alongside and carrying more speed. Nice driving m8.
Really enjoyed this one. Qualified about 11th I think (1:12.9) and I very nearly started from the pits cos that put me right in the thick of it. Thought better of it in the end.

Everyone made it round lap one I think but at the start of lap 2 and Renku's departure left a trail of devistation and I moved up to about 8th.

Just tried to settle into a rythm and stay calm. I was up to 5th but Lep came past me in the early laps and I didn't fight too much as I knew I would probably see him again. I was right.

In 6th before the stops but when I pitted I dropped to 7th as Spyshagg came past. Somehow I managed to get ahead of Lep during the pitstops and was back up to 6th. He soon caught me again and then a battle ensued for several laps as I tried to stay in front of him. He was patient and waited for the right moment. I, meanwhile had to let Afro through (who was lapping us already) who promptly put in on the grass and I had to back off so he didn't have to repass me. lol. Then he did the same thing at the next turn and this time I thought sod it, I'm not lifting again and re-passed him. Let him through at the next turn but all the messing about meant that Lep was now 6 seconds up the road and pushing hard and I knew, barring accidents, that I wouldn't see him again.

Spyshagg had some kind of incident with a backmarker and that promoted me and Lep up to 5th and 6th.

Gag was way ahead of me and Lep at this stage and was chasing Dadge but had an incident before his pit stop and dropped time to Dadge (about 20 seconds) and that meant me and Lep were in touch with 4th place.

45-50 laps in and Gag had another accident and me and Lep both passed him. He was only 2 seconds behind me though and was catching so I started to push. Banged in some low 1:13s and Gag made a few more minor errors and I got an 8 second lead with 8 laps to go. That meant I was safe if I didn't have an accident. It was about this time Tukko had his two offs and I was promoted to 4th.

One wierd incident on the very last lap. Suddenly Franky was driving straight towards me and we had a head on collision. Fortunately, Gag had well and truly lost his concentration in the last few laps and was far enough behind so that I could recover and maintain 4th. What was that all about Franky?

Great race though - really enjoyed the replay. The moral of this story? Doesn't matter how quick you are, you gotta do the full 60 without mistakes if you wanna win.
Was my first proper GP and first time using teamspeak (which was excellent). Things started ok, I'd qualified in 5 or 6th...or 7th I don't remember but I had no idea when to pit or even how long the tires would last. I'd got my set from Dadge as well as the strategy.

Got caught up in a fright with Pickard and Dadge at the start, Pickard was really pushing the first few laps and hit the wall of champions and slowed...slowing me but Dadge got away, then he crashed big time at the first turn and I got caught up in that allowing Dadge to pull out about 3 seconds.

I was pretty comfortable during the race, getting plenty of warnings over TS about accidents and stuff. But as lap 30 came around I starting wondering when to pit so I asked Dadge and tried to figure out the best time to come in, but doing all this took away precious brain power and I hit the wall of champions causing front right damage.

When I pitted it cost me around 10 to 15 seconds so Dadge pulled away even more leaving me in a lonely 4th.

Around lap 45 my arse was really, really hurting and I was moving in my chair, trying to find a less painful position when I ran wide at the fast right just before the wall of champions and spun into the cliff on the right which rolled me. I lost out to Lep and Gentlefoot.

Started to catch Gentlefoot but again spun in the same place, think for the next GP I'm going to have to sit on a pillow or something or even take arse numbing injections.

A great race but I was a little bit disappointed not to take 3rd, still enjoyed it a lot and I'm want to use TS more as it was so funny at times and didn’t distract my driving as much as I thought it might, but I can't driving, use TS and read scrolling text all at the same time so if you said something to me over the text I would have missed it so sorry if I ignored you.
Quote from garph :think for the next GP I'm going to have to sit on a pillow or something or even take arse numbing injections.

That just made my morning, thanks.
Quote from Leprekaun : if I had gone for those low 1:13s at the start of the race, could I have had the potential to take 2nd off dadge?

cough cough BALLS cough cough
Hey Gentle. Sorry about that. i was trying to help tukko and needed to turn round. Didnt notice you coming up the road. then suddenly saw you and tried to move out of the way. Unfortunatly we both went the same way.

Sorry

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG