The online racing simulator
Braking Points
(34 posts, started )

Poll : Breaking Points | How do you break?

I break using Sigs, markings and curbs around me
I break from feeling and judgement of the turn and/or apex
#1 - aoun
Braking Points
Ive asked quite alot of people online and some say they break from feel, and other say they break from using whats around them.

Breaking from feel would be looking at the turn and judging. You see the turn ahead and you think it will take 60meters to slow down to the correct speed to go through.

Breaking from using whats around you would be using 50, 100 signs, start of curbs, posts etc to stop. So say your comming up to a turn lets say turn at the back straight, as soon as you see yourself just go past the 50 sign, you break and let go..

Me? On a normal day i would use whats around me. On my fast days when im close to unbeatable (boasting lol sorry :P) I feel what i need to do. In real life i use feeling too rather then looking around.
#2 - ste_
I use signs, markings and curbs if the lap is going well and i'm at the speeds I expect to be at, otherwise it's a judgement call
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I use signs, kerbs etc. If I'm relying on my feelings, I will end up in a wall or in the grass.

Actually, thats my brEAking point then.
For me it depends on the car and the particular corner. Some I will always use braking markers, some I will just know when feels right. With the BF1 I just brake when I'm scared (usually too early).
i break dance.
#6 - Chaos
a combination of both...
Braking points

I defenately use signs, sometimes for turn ins (all aston turns basically), sometimes even for getting back on full throttle (long corners, take KY2R, the long corner at infield) and for braking points too. Makes a lot easier to do similar laps but it takes time to memorize the "points" well enough. The key for me is to "move" the signs to get best possible time. (which is slow anyway )
Well, braking from feel and judgement is ok and I can generally get away with it but, when your under pressure your judgement of corners and stuff is off and y ou usually over shoot. So finding something on the road or side of the road as a turn in point and brake point is what suits me best.

Usually brakeing is from 100 metres though, and that's usually my marker for braking, give or take a few metres. Some tracks are deceptive though and all the markers are to high up or for away for me to see while going fast, like Fe green after the split, I could never get it right so I looked for the kerb and braked inbetween the board and the kerb.

Adds for fun into leraning a track though, finding decent points.

Ps, i've allways thought Kev just closed his eyes and hoped for the best when he went round corners.
#9 - Goop
Quote from Chaos :a combination of both...

yeah same... especially when you have cars around you and you need to take different things into account, i.e. different line, or if you are close to a car in front, wind... etc.

But generally, and primarily I guess, if all is good and i'm in the right spot, I'll use markers or track cues, so I voted 2nd option

oh, and LOL @ 'close to unbeatable"
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
lol i am crap breaking, i spin
i crap at braking as well. but thats down to my mouse... not me
I usually use markers, sometimes it's a 100 meters sign o something similar like when something appears o disappears from the screen, but you also have to use your own judgement in every corner because of the several factors that involve braking, brake presure, dirt in the tyres, moving cars around, racing line, speed, every thing makes part of a whole when braking for entering to a corner. I like to belive that braking points are not really important as how you brake.
i voted for using markers, although obviously if your going faster than you usually do (or slower), you adapt to fit your circumstances. just common sense really. plus traffic affects brakeing points.
Depends... if you are racing someone you are always trying to out brake them, so then I'd judge my usual braking point and go a bit over. Meh I usually brake to early anyways I take slow in fast out to the extreme :P especially the slow in bit lol
i find there are way too many variables to brake at the same point every time, i'll use something as a marker, but vary where in relation to that marker i brake. it's a combination of both i suppose.
i use general markers for braking points which i "tweak" when drive different car. i try to remember to get markers on both sides of the track for different lines.

i heard an advice not to take markers like "that girl with umbrella in the audience", cos once at FEgiold there was perfect marker with shadow.

And there just happened a race with different daylight
on regular basis i break at 50,100, etc signs

goin with different speed then usually needs to estimate braking points from feeling.

very easy to master when u race on the same track since 4 years
Well of course you use whatever is around you, you couldn't hit the braking point with your eyes shut could you? The only exception to this is possibly in a rhythm section with a very short distance between corners, but the braking point for any corner approached after a short, medium or long run is judged almost purely by what you see around you, even if you don't consciously have a fixed, regular braking marker.
To be honest i use both. Post etc etc when i'm just cruising round keeping my place and Judement when a racer is right behind me. i have broken MANY pbs when there has been a racer behind me i just break that little bit later turn a little sooner and stamp my foot back on the accelerator WAY before i would even dare to if i was just on my own...as weird as it seems once u see a racer. i may only be a game but the adreneline pumps so your reaction time and thought process its very fast. soo the answer is...Posts when i'm feeling lazy and just skootin round willie nilly. and the "feel" when i'm REALLY racing..not just driving ;-)
I just start slowing down at 150m, and then the next lap I stop a little later, and then even later the next lap, until I go off the track. Then, I stop sooner the next lap.
#21 - Gunn
I usually know I'm at my breaking point when I run out of patience.
-
(GWADanny) DELETED by GWADanny
i cant do the whole go round and round breaking later and later i just crash when i try it on perpose lol its stupid....if i can see a car behind me i race all out...lol its rediculous dont matter if they 9 laps behind...they still behind me and i intend for them to stay there :-)
Quote from TitaniumDevil :To be honest i use both. Post etc etc when i'm just cruising round keeping my place and Judement when a racer is right behind me. i have broken MANY pbs when there has been a racer behind me i just break that little bit later turn a little sooner and stamp my foot back on the accelerator WAY before i would even dare to if i was just on my own...as weird as it seems once u see a racer. i may only be a game but the adreneline pumps so your reaction time and thought process its very fast. soo the answer is...Posts when i'm feeling lazy and just skootin round willie nilly. and the "feel" when i'm REALLY racing..not just driving ;-)

I think you have been drinking too much piss my friend
hahaha you gimp. and i only drink selected people's piss. thank you very much.. illepall

Braking Points
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG