The online racing simulator
Quote from zeugnimod :Ehm.. I would, but I just wanted to send it, clicked the "invite a friend" thing and now it says, I have 0 invites left.

Maybe I spoke too fast without actually clicking the button.

I thought, everybody has 4 invites.

I think it takes a while. I couldn't give out any invites at first too, and when I checked recently I had 5 all of a sudden

Quote from NotAnIllusion :I'll have a go if you'll let me have one

PM me your email and I'll hook you up
Lol
Ok, I wait then and show my big generosity later.
Would be nice if the downloader would show a complete list of files that it needs to download and then append the progress to it, lol. I have no idea how far into downloading this thing is All I see is a whole load of files flying past me in the log & info windows
it does show the progress of downloads. in options you can bring up transfer and download/upload menue\

yeah its in settings then click on transer monitor

join my server and it should upload the files
Quote from Tweaker :I don't understand why you can't just get the files and test with Singleplayer.

Ehm, is it the testing goal to test the p2p system? And what would be better than force the users to race online so that their material is available for p2p testing? There are just bugs and unfinished code that makes it possibly too hard/impossible atm
Ook had a go, went on the simcito server and had a race against someone. Got stuck in a wall in a quali session and drove a 53.3. Fun game, but must say it's the first time I've seen such a jump in the track for a single seater!

Interesting track you have loaded Gabkicks, but my point remains: I can't see the current progress in relation to the complete, all I see is blahblah is not found locally, attempted to start downloading blahblah and blahblah finished downloading, for each file.
Could someone send me an invite please?

Name: Josh Di Fabio
E-mail: joshdifabio / hotmail / com

Thanks in advance
josh you should have got one from me

Quote from Tweaker :Netkar Pro was the same way, and it still is crap for online....

actually dr works very well online and i never had any problems so far
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Ook had a go, went on the simcito server and had a race against someone. Got stuck in a wall in a quali session and drove a 53.3. Fun game, but must say it's the first time I've seen such a jump in the track for a single seater!

Interesting track you have loaded Gabkicks, but my point remains: I can't see the current progress in relation to the complete, all I see is blahblah is not found locally, attempted to start downloading blahblah and blahblah finished downloading, for each file.

yeah i know what you mean. it would be a nice feature. just to assure the impatient that something is happening
If you're having problems connecting to a server, try connecting to the simcito one (assuming of course this was not the one you tried ).

There is currently a bug that prevents proper connection to people that are hosting behind a NAT/router (eg ME). The next version will apparent address this issue.

Oh .. and there are more cars on the way too which will make racing a little more interesting.
Quote from Shotglass :josh you should have got one from me

actually dr works very well online and i never had any problems so far

Thanks, got it .

Josh
Quote from Piddy :There is currently a bug that prevents proper connection to people that are hosting behind a NAT/router (eg ME). The next version will apparent address this issue.

I hope so, because yes, I am behind a router.
If anyone has any invites left i wouldn't mind trying it out

email: luke.morrison at blueyonder.co.uk
If anyone has a spare invite, I would like to try the alpha out aswell please.

Thanks.
Sent Vale.

I have 3 left if anyone wants one.

Edit: sent to abz1 too.
Thanks Cropsy
btw nice avatar
thanks Cropsy.
I wouldn't mind an invite if there are any still spare

robrps gmail com
If there's mouse support I wouldn't mind giving it a go. Probably pretty useless if there isn't though...

stutozer at gmail.com

thanks
Quote from Tweaker :I don't understand why you can't just get the files and test with Singleplayer. If the Multiplayer is this complex, it isn't going to draw in a lot of people online. I cannot judge it this early in development, but hell.... Netkar Pro was the same way, and it still is crap for online....

Calm down... this doesn't even have a readme with a version number because this is so early build.

In the ASS article Eero said that 1.0 version should be released Q4 this year or early 2007. Even before that there will be a open beta.
Wahoo, finally it seems to download quite okay - I get around 110 kb/s. Seems like it was just a bad day yesterday... which almost made me throw it away again. Well, with a bit of luck, I'll be able to test this today.
I want some screenies! I really wanna see what this game looks like, also want to play it and if anyone gets past the crashing on entering server thing post it up here! I tried everything to do with settings to see if it would help but got nothing, damn betas!
guys, a new patch is out

the car seems to have been updated. it feels alot more stable to me no longer is the jump on LRP so intimidating to take fast. if you find any bugs you should report then on rscnet if they havent been reported already.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG