The online racing simulator
You have to run it, ontop there's a invite friends button.
i am currently superseeding
I shut down the server for a while, downloading patches now

EDIT: server back online soonish, for few hours
If anyone has an invite, I'd like one, my birthday tomorrow
I have one slot left. PM me your name and email address and I'll send you some goodies
i also still have all of my invites left if anyone is willing to try it...
Bawbag invited me, and I've tried to get it working and have given up already. Going to wait until it doesn't crash
Heh, atleast you could download the files, could you?
I am having no problems downloading the files too.. i think. At first when i clicked join server it would come up with starting downloading attempt then no available localy and i always thought it wasnt working but checking the transfer log it was downloading all of the textures one at a time at around 90kbs.. its still going now but i have no idea whether it will work at the end or not...

whole system is kinda confusing when you havent really read anything and just dived into it...
Well, my situation is the same, with the exception that all downloads are at 0 kb/s
I joined the Simcito server just fine and had all the files. But then it just crashed "unexpectedly" and created some dump files. I cannot do anything but get to the lobby and crash.

I downloaded all of the files by going to the resources thing, and click every 25 files, download, NEXT page, click 25 more, download, etc...... got really annoying. But even then, I still cannot do anything. What a poor concept. I guess he doesn't have the money for bandwidth.
Ok i have now managed to get to a server, i clicked get car, then assemble and then whole thing crashed... sure requires patience all this pre-alpha testing

edit: yep same as Tweaker
Hi ho peeps, Im interested in testing it out if there are any more invites going?
Quote from Tweaker :
I downloaded all of the files by going to the resources thing, and click every 25 files, download, NEXT page, click 25 more, download, etc...... got really annoying. But even then, I still cannot do anything. What a poor concept. I guess he doesn't have the money for bandwidth.

Imagin this: clicking all the files through all the pages, click download, and it says it only downloaded 20 files.......
Quote from mrbogeyman :Hi ho peeps, Im interested in testing it out if there are any more invites going?

Yea if you want an invite to a crashing game then sure thing! Lol send me your e-mail and i'll try, I don't know how many invites I have left but I should have 1.

EDIT: Lol, quit waving your stick at me, pfft. :P
Quote from mrbogeyman :Hi ho peeps, Im interested in testing it out if there are any more invites going?

i have all my invites left.. send me ur email addy

edit: damn you Bawbag
Quote from Tweaker :I joined the Simcito server just fine and had all the files. But then it just crashed "unexpectedly" and created some dump files. I cannot do anything but get to the lobby and crash.

The system is intended to work like this:
You think the F1800 (the currently available car in DR) is a badly designed car and want to improve it. Thus you build a new nose for the car that produces less drag. Safe it to your folder, attach it to your car and race online with it. People who then join a server where you are on will then automatically download the part via the p2p system. No version mismatches anymore. This is normal operation.
If someone else wants to produce a new singleseater altogether and thinks "Hey, I nearly have all parts, now I just need a good nose" he can use that search-feature, your nose-part appears (amongst others), he can download it and attach it to his car. Your name as the author is of course saved. That is the idea behind the search feature.

This beta-stage is about testing exactly this system. That's why DR didn't ship with all necessary files. If it shipped with all files the p2p system wouldn't have to do anything and the betastage would be useless.
Of course this system needs players. You need a server which has people on it so you can start downloading the missing content by trying to join a populated server. Unfortunately this isn't always the case due to the very limited userbase of the beta.
You'll have to wait until you find a few people online. This worked rather well today when some of us LFSers played online.

By the way - in terms of physics you're not missing much at all. The game is very, very, very far from being polished. It's merely a p2p-test.

Vain
Quote from Tweaker :I joined the Simcito server just fine and had all the files. But then it just crashed "unexpectedly" and created some dump files. I cannot do anything but get to the lobby and crash.

all you have to do is try to connect to a server and it willl automaticly download all of the files you need. it may take some time. i'll run a server specificly for you guys to download from for an hour or two

check out hte article on autosimsport it is not a good idea to to have such criticisms when you arent 100% sure about what you're doing in the game.
finally it works, managed to drive a lap with the keyboard but i am off for tonight so the proper test will have to wait untill tomorrow.
now this p2p system is a REALLY good idea!
Doesnt seem to work here.

I tried to join a server, apparently was even on it, but only for 2 seconds. Then, it said, I got disconnected. This repeated itself several times.

Sorry, that you wasted your invite, joen.

(I have 4 invites free now, if anyone wants)
Quote from zeugnimod :Doesnt seem to work here.

I tried to join a server, apparently was even on it, but only for 2 seconds. Then, it said, I got disconnected. This repeated itself several times.

I'll have a go if you'll let me have one
Quote from zeugnimod :Doesnt seem to work here.

That's ok, I'm sure it will get better. As said it's still very early in development.
Can't say I have had any problems though Although I upgraded from an older version and I haven't tested the new one extensively yet.
I would advice people that have problems to send a report to the devs though, the sooner they can fix it
I don't understand why you can't just get the files and test with Singleplayer. If the Multiplayer is this complex, it isn't going to draw in a lot of people online. I cannot judge it this early in development, but hell.... Netkar Pro was the same way, and it still is crap for online....
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I'll have a go if you'll let me have one

Ehm.. I would, but I just wanted to send it, clicked the "invite a friend" thing and now it says, I have 0 invites left.

Maybe I spoke too fast without actually clicking the button.

I thought, everybody has 4 invites.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG