(103 posts, started )

Poll : My opinion:

Chase view? Muahahaha! =)
I use chase, too. Please add a mirror.
I don´t care.
I use chase, too. But I need no mirror.
#51 - Gunn
Quote from Nobo :.
If i drive chase view it doesnt affect others simulation fun.

If my server has forced cockpit view it doesn't effect your fun.
#52 - wark
Quote from Gunn :If my server has forced cockpit view it doesn't effect your fun.

I think that's his point. However, on the bright side, I'm sure it would effect someone's fun. But hey, it wouldn't affect the fun racing in chase view effects if he stays out of your server.
Quote from Gunn :If my server has forced cockpit view it doesn't effect your fun.

Erm... why do you want to force cockpit view? You have probs with chase view drivers in race? Are they faster? Or dangerous? Have they more or less view over difficult situations? Can´t understand why someone want to force a cockpit view.
#54 - wark
Quote from Crazy Harry :Erm... why do you want to force cockpit view? You have probs with chase view drivers in race? Are they faster? Or dangerous? Have they more or less view over difficult situations? Can´t understand why someone want to force a cockpit view.

Erm... no blind spots? I donno.

I donno which is worse--not being able to see behind you, or not being able to see your blind spots...
#55 - Nobo
hehe, i can send you a lot of replays , so i can show you what is worse

We wnat to see behind, thats why we want the mirror :P
My server would be cockpiut view only if we could force it. Sure you might get a few more crashes that way, but the driving experience is a whole lot better.

The fact that chase view is needed on the oval is symptomatic of the poor driving standards there. Real oval drivers don't need chase view.
Quote from tristancliffe :The fact that chase view is needed on the oval is symptomatic of the poor driving standards there. Real oval drivers don't need chase view.

You can´t leave it alone? Poor lil´ hater.
#58 - Nobo
lol noone said its needed on the oval illepall

to be honest it would be more needed on every other track.

+ switch on the opiton: use wheel only
+ switch on the option: dont use crappy plastic wheels
+ switch on the option: only allowed to join if the player has a full cockpit at home

much better driving experience with that ...lol
@tristancliffe

I read these threads agagin and again,but nobody but U talkes about the oval! You seem to have an oval-phobia!!!!!!

But who cares!! The chaseview-drivers definetly need a mirror!!!!!!

CU BlasteR

P.S. I prefer cockpit!
@Nobo: In my humble opinion that guy has a big problem.

EGO-BOOST-O-METER [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII]
Quote :You seem to have an oval-phobic!!!!!!

either he is a oval phobic, or he has an oval phobia. he doesnt have an oval phobic. well unless he has one chained up in the cupboard under the stairs.
let the chase cam drivers have their mirror .

i use cockpit but i couldn't care less about what view other racers are using. if they race fair and clean they could even use helicopterview and i wouldn't bother.

i really don't understand why some ppl need to force their point of view ( ) on others.
+1, let them eat mirrors.

I am slightly surprised to find myself coming to the defence of Crazy Harry and co., but I think people have to be careful when claiming that cockpit view is the be-all and end-all of realism. Why is cockpit view realistic? Because the camera position in the sim is where the driver's eyes would be in a car. OK, cool. That's one aspect of realism. But in terms of peripheral vision, cockpit view on most reasonable FOV settings loses a lot of realism, because it makes the sim driver unaware of what's going on to either side, whereas the real car driver would be perfectly aware of the car coming up beside him.

A lot of virtual reality research (I could dig up some references if anyone cares) suggests that putting the camera behind the user's avatar leads to more effective control and movement in the virtual world, than does putting the camera at eye position "inside" the user's avatar. This is assuming display devices that cover less than 100 degrees of the field of vision. I'm not thrilled about this finding, but it seems real and reproducible.

Cockpit view would be close to perfect if you had about 5 monitors wrapped around your driving position. I can completely understand if people using only one monitor want to make a compromise between a realistic camera position and situational awareness. Chase view is one such compromise, and if people are going to use that view why should they be deprived of a mirror?

(In case anyone cares, I don't use chase view. Until recently I used cockpit view, and I'd still prefer to use cockpit view, but I was blown away by how many more FPS my crappy computer gets when I use the "wheels" view, so I am stuck with that for now.)
Quote from Captain Slow :either he is a oval phobic, or he has an oval phobia. he doesnt have an oval phobic. well unless he has one chained up in the cupboard under the stairs.

Lol, ok then he is an Oval Phobic suffering from Oval Phobia. Whichever you choose, the fact remains that the statement is still true.

But the question remains: is there a cure?

jtr99: good post. I only drive in cockpit view but I agree 100%

makes no sense at all btw i have not expected something like that from a so called: Moderator illepall
What do you mean this has nothing to do with oval? Read the first post! It basically says I can use chase view on the oval where it's easy to cope, but on circuits where oval racers can't do it, they need additional assistance...

Oval + Chase = easy because you only need to know who is to your sides (no braking)
Circuit + Chase = difficult because you need to know who is all around you

You see? This thread is ALL about the oval and bascially admitting how the racing is easier. No phobia, just prejudice brought on by about a year of proof.

Edit: Gunn is a moderator, but he is also a player of LFS. He doesn't always have to wear his moderator hat.

Also, I notice the 'Protect the Oval Image' brigade has arrived now that someone has had the sense to mock the oval club again. I wouldn't mind if LFS Oval was ANYTHING like real life, but it's just a joke of racing in this sim.
Your post shows again that you don´t have a glue how to drive the oval. Please stay out of discussions you don´t understand, dude.
Quote from tristancliffe :What do you mean this has nothing to do with oval? Read the first post! It basically says I can use chase view on the oval where it's easy to cope, but on circuits where oval racers can't do it, they need additional assistance...

Oval + Chase = easy because you only need to know who is to your sides (no braking)
Circuit + Chase = difficult because you need to know who is all around you

You see? This thread is ALL about the oval and bascially admitting how the racing is easier. No phobia, just prejudice brought on by about a year of proof.

Edit: Gunn is a moderator, but he is also a player of LFS. He doesn't always have to wear his moderator hat.

Also, I notice the 'Protect the Oval Image' brigade has arrived now that someone has had the sense to mock the oval club again. I wouldn't mind if LFS Oval was ANYTHING like real life, but it's just a joke of racing in this sim.

Thats why they call it Phobia. You see it but nobody else does...
Attached images
Sleeping%20With%20Mr%20Cow.jpg
Piss-takes only work when you have a certain mastery of the language

I may not know how to drive like you on the oval, but I can assure you I know how I should drive on the oval. The FM way isn't exactly a realistic driving technique, now is it It can't be if chase view works Glad to know you've realised how hard racing is on proper race tracks
You really should have added a "I don´t drive chase view but I support the idea" option. I would have gone for that. Now I was forced to choose the "muahahahaa" option instead.
Yeah I know, shame on me. A lot of people in the voice chat told me that.
Tristancliffe you really have a serious Problem. This is not a Oval vs Curcuit Track Disscusion and you will probably never get this Point at all. Btw this is not the only Thread where you start this BS but who cares? No one because youre the Hero in this Forum with the most Posts. So go on with this and have fun. illepall If you need this to feel better then im really sorry for you.
Quote from 510N3D :... because youre the Hero in this Forum with the most Posts...

This should be another parameter in lfs world.
#75 - wark

Please! I need a mirror! :/
(103 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG