Please! I need a mirror! :/
(103 posts, started )

Poll : My opinion:

Chase view? Muahahaha! =)
I use chase, too. Please add a mirror.
I don´t care.
I use chase, too. But I need no mirror.
#26 - wark
Quote from 510N3D :Yes, i know Nobo (Aldi) and Harry and they are not slow and its fun to race them as well and btw. i did not know for a long time that Aldi is a Chase View Driver as well.

I'll take your word for it then. Learn something new every day :icon23:
People drive with chase cam? News to me. Something I'd expect to be done in Need For Speed, rather than in Live For Speed.
Quote from Whisper :People drive with chase cam? News to me. Something I'd expect to be done in Need For Speed, rather than in Live For Speed.

And in Sports Car GT, NFS Porsche, NFS 1, GTL, GTR, World Racing, ....

I quit cockpit view with Stunt Car Racer... or Test Drive 2... not sure.
#29 - Nobo
I just found out why i drive chase view.....anyone remembers Re-Volt :P
Just found it in my old discs
Quote from Captain Slow :-1. lfs is a simulator. you dont hover a few foot in the air behind your car in real life do you? if you do, learn me how.

So you never used the reset function? And you never pushed Shift+S?

You dont get your car magically on 4 wheels again, if its on its roof in real life, do you? If you do, learn me how.
Quote from zeugnimod :So you never used the reset function? And you never pushed Shift+S?

You dont get your car magically on 4 wheels again, if its on its roof in real life, do you? If you do, learn me how.

My car has a springy aerial that helps it self right ...
Quote from keiran :My car has a springy aerial that helps it self right ...

lmao
OFFTOPIC: There was an old game on the PS2 where if you flipped you had to rock the car back over! No idea what is was called though, great rallyx game
Quote :So you never used the reset function? And you never pushed Shift+S?

yes i do. i have a very powerfull mind. :P. ok joking aside you have a point, however, those you mentioned above make the game playable, chase veiw just retracts realism. in short, certain unrealistic things are nessecery, those that arent should be loked in a dark room with an angry badger. evil creatures they are.
Put an option like 'I don't use chase but it is a good idea' and most would vote for it. At the very least a rear view option should be added to chase, would make LFS a lot safer but quite who can get used to driving from that perspective I don't know. Really I find chase cams are good in arcade games as an alternative to spatial awareness in a sim you can sense what's around you and how much room you have just like in a real car without any false views so I think chase cam drivers will never be as aware as even those who race in cockpit with the RL obstructions to vision.
I use chase view when spectating someone else, so a mirror would be useful too see if another driver is going to pass the driver I'm spectating.
I really cant believe there are people that find chase view wrong! WOW, common, nothing is right or wrong with personal preference. I know ALDI and Harry to be excellent drivers whether they driver from chase or not. Its whats most comfortable to them! Anyways, I hope there is a mirror available in chase view because i am sure that there are many others out there that use chase view and need mirrors! I voted the third thing, but thats just cuz there was no "I dont use chase cam" option. So, chasecam drivers...I AM WITH YOU!! (i just dont race with it)
#38 - S0ul
Quote from Nobo :I just found out why i drive chase view.....anyone remembers Re-Volt :P
Just found it in my old discs

yeeah,that game is amazing...now you brought me to the idea what i could play while me feet hurt from work and its to hard to use pedals,thanks
like to have a mirror too

(pls dont pick on me for using keys )
Quote from Crazy Harry :And in Sports Car GT, NFS Porsche, NFS 1, GTL, GTR, World Racing, ....

I quit cockpit view with Stunt Car Racer... or Test Drive 2... not sure.

I drove cockpit in NFS PU and World Racing.
Quote from zeugnimod :So you never used the reset function? And you never pushed Shift+S?

I try to stay away from reset buttons and such. Unless I'm completely stuck and have no choice. IRL there would be people who'd help you get back on the track if you were stuck. We don't have that option in the game.

I thought the whole point of a simulation was to get as close to reality as possible, so driving in a chase cam view seems like a step in the opposite direction.
Quote from Whisper :I try to stay away from reset buttons and such. Unless I'm completely stuck and have no choice. IRL there would be people who'd help you get back on the track if you were stuck. We don't have that option in the game.

I thought the whole point of a simulation was to get as close to reality as possible, so driving in a chase cam view seems like a step in the opposite direction.

Quote from myself :I think its a hard job to find/manage a nice balance for everyone advantages/disadvantages for every game developer. At least i think the admins of each server should be able to choose how much of realism is necessary and not the Developers.

Other games like nascar (papyrus) & gtr shows it can be a option for the admins. Ergo, if you want a serious, more realistic game/race, then use forced cockpit view, maybe even damage level, fuel and tire consumption and stuff like that but if you dont, you should have to have the choise/possibility to turn/let that stuff off. It could be made visible in the serverbrowers ingame/lfsworld so everybody knows whats going on. So where is the problem at all? I cant see it because its that easy.
Quote from 510N3D :Other games like nascar (papyrus) & gtr shows it can be a option for the admins. Ergo, if you want a serious, more realistic game/race, then use forced cockpit view, maybe even damage level, fuel and tire consumption and stuff like that but if you dont, you should have to have the choise/possibility to turn/let that stuff off. It could be made visible in the serverbrowers ingame/lfsworld so everybody knows whats going on. So where is the problem at all? I cant see it because its that easy.

I remember pretty much everyone was opposed to having an option to turn off tire wear back in the day, because "it would be unrealistic". And yet chase cam view is ok, because it's an option. Pretty strange, don't you think?
Quote from Whisper :
I remember pretty much everyone was opposed to having an option to turn off tire wear back in the day, because "it would be unrealistic". And yet chase cam view is ok, because it's an option. Pretty strange, don't you think?

well i think for damage, tire and fuel consumption there should be at least a max -> min value so you cant turn it off at all. Maybe a "realistic" and a "moderate" value would be good here. I dont care and i will allway stick to the "realistic" servers but there should be the possibilty (maybe for newbie/beginner Server to reduce the amount of frustration).
But for the chase view i think its not ok to leave the players alone without mirrors or the possibility to use the "view left/right/back keys/functions. Many people will leave LFS because they are not able to drive in another view no matter what reasons there are.

Im a cockpit view only driver but/and in case that would be impossible anymore i would leave lfs as well. That would not be a big loss but i think i would not be the only one and same goes to chase view drivers. Some may try to get used to another view but they probably will never reach the same quality then before. Maybe some will get even better then before but thats less then the rest i think.

Games comes and goes and the quality is getting better day by day, game by game and other developer teams will learn from the Devs of LFS as well so there could be another game that is worth the comparison in future and that could be sooner then we think it would be. I love LFS and i know its still WIP and this state will be for a long time since there are only 3 Devs. Thats ok from my point of view because i think good things needs time to grow up (and LFS is great so far not to say incredibly) but in case you want to reach as many people as possible can and having in your mind that its still a game and youll probable never get a perfect sim you have to think about the fact that you cant lock things like that because it should be realistic.

I have never seen a driver in real life that had a keyboard, a mouse or a joystick/joypad in his hands. Maybe thats comming one day (i hope not) but having this in your mind its ridiculous to give us the possibility to use another view then cockpit without any change to check whats going on around you. Maybe there are things inside the engine that prohibit this but i dont think so. And in that case i do not understand this at all.
Quote from 510N3D :
I have never seen a driver in real life that had a keyboard, a mouse or a joystick/joypad in his hands. Maybe thats comming one day (i hope not) but having this in your mind its ridiculous to give us the possibility to use another view then cockpit without any change to check whats going on around you. Maybe there are things inside the engine that prohibit this but i dont think so. And in that case i do not understand this at all.

Bit o/t
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com ... e=car.php&carnum=1105 can't imagine driving that would be any fun :X.
#46 - Nobo
Quote from Whisper :

I think first of all the developers would have to make the cars behave realistic in any way.
The choose of controller and view is down to the player how much realism he wants and how he can controll the game. Forcing people into cockpit view and using wheels is not the right way to treat people. As long as i have not the same feeling in this virtual cockpit like in a real car its unrealistic. There are certain things i need to see or feel while driving.
If there wouldnt have been the chase view i wouldnt have touched the game after one day of use....and that would mean , that i wouldnt have met a lot of great people in the lfs community
So i dont understand the realsim discussion, adding the mirrors to the chase view wouldnt affect anyones realism, I will drive chase view if there is a mirror or not. It wouldnt be bad for any cockpit driver (wouldnt affect your realism) and wouldnt affect your racing. It can only be good if more chase view drivers are aware whats going on behind them!!
#47 - wark
o/t: I've had my paraplegic friend drive me around in his special van. I thought it was pretty cool.
Quote from Nobo :I think first of all the developers would have to make the cars behave realistic in any way.
The choose of controller and view is down to the player how much realism he wants and how he can controll the game. Forcing people into cockpit view and using wheels is not the right way to treat people.

So you'd be ok with tire wear and other such simulation features being optional?
#49 - Nobo
Not really, because that are basic game things which take effect to everyone. Like you said, that would be a step in the wrong direction. That what i meant with realistic physics, that has to be realistic.

Which input the players uses (Wheel, joystick, mouse...) or which view (cockpit, tyre or chase) should be down to each single person, because that only influences his way of driving.
If i drive chase view it doesnt affect others simulation fun.
Quote from Nobo :I think first of all the developers would have to make the cars behave realistic in any way.
The choose of controller and view is down to the player how much realism he wants and how he can controll the game. Forcing people into cockpit view and using wheels is not the right way to treat people. As long as i have not the same feeling in this virtual cockpit like in a real car its unrealistic. There are certain things i need to see or feel while driving.
If there wouldnt have been the chase view i wouldnt have touched the game after one day of use....and that would mean , that i wouldnt have met a lot of great people in the lfs community
So i dont understand the realsim discussion, adding the mirrors to the chase view wouldnt affect anyones realism, I will drive chase view if there is a mirror or not. It wouldnt be bad for any cockpit driver (wouldnt affect your realism) and wouldnt affect your racing. It can only be good if more chase view drivers are aware whats going on behind them!!

BRAVO
I dont understand this flaming war either.
I mean.. come on.. relax... - why should someone used to one view
be forced to use another view, just to satisfy other peoples ideal.

I would rather race against someone who is a good racer and are using chaseview,
than against a crappy driver using cockpitview.

Please! I need a mirror! :/
(103 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG