The online racing simulator
How to Watch Baathurst?
(29 posts, started )
How to Watch Baathurst?
It's the 4th biggest motor race in the wolrd, or if your Australian the biggest and most important event in motor racing and screw the rest of the world - and rightly so!

I watched Baathurst on telly when I was younger, and I loved it! What a race, what a track, and what an event.

This year I got to watch one of my other favorite races which also gets poor coverage, Le Mans, by streaming video from Holland and commentary from Radio Le Mans.

'I wonder if I can do the same for Baathurst?' I thought...

It turns out that they do have internet broadcast all set up, in fact they get a bucket load of telemetry thrown into the deal, but it's all arranged through an Australian ISP who wont transmit outside of their own network, so this service is only available to Australians despite a comment on the site saying others can too.

My dissapointment is huge as i've been unable to watch this race now for several years. I dont know if one of the satalitte channels covers it in the UK or not, but if so they aren't mentioned on the v8 super cars site.

Just what is a pommy tart supposed to do?

Quote :Dear Becky,

Thank you for your email dated 27 Jul regarding coverage of the V8 Supercars online.

Regrettably the V8 Supercars online coverage is exclusive and only available to BigPond Member.

To become a BigPond member you will be required to open and maintain an internet service from BigPond, which is only available to Australian residents.

I apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Grrrr.
unless you've got the direct links to the bigpond stream

i got some links which have worked for all the V8SC rounds for the last few years, but I haven't tried them recently. the round coming up at Oran Park on the 12th of next month, I'll try them out and if they still work i'll let you know

it's streamed video from incar cameras with live commentry. but there's no way to get the telemetry that bigpond users get.

bathurst isn't until october 6th weekend anyway
I watch it every year. It really is an awesome race. Its the only endurance race they show live in new zealand. I havent been following the V8 supercars for the last few years though but i really should as its the best series in the world
I'd say it's the greatest race ever - but then we don't get Le Mans coverage down here at all, or Nurby 24hr or Suzuka 8hr etc...

The best way to watch Bathurst is with an ample supply of fluid and snacks - preferably with the phone off the hook and noone in your house who doesn't know what "V8" means

As for the actual technical aspect, I'm afraid I can't actually help, sorry

Any self-respecting "pommy tart", Becks, should hastily make some Oz mates in time to go sleep on their couch in October
#5 - ajp71
V8 Supercar highlights are shown in the early hours of Wednesday mornings on Channel 5, I suppose it'll be shown then.
Le Mans had full coverage on Motors TV (413 sky) and V8 Supercars is virtually on it every week on the same channel, best race I've seen on V8 had to be barthurst, total mayhem with about 80 laps to go (could have been less can't remember). I'd love to see nurburgring 24hr but I don't think it is shown on sky, would Love to see it though... anyone know where if it's viewable?
Quote from Becky Rose :
My dissapointment is huge as i've been unable to watch this race now for several years. I dont know if one of the satalitte channels covers it in the UK or not,

MotorsTV have shown Bathurst for at least the last two years (possibly three) that I can remember. Last year they aired the race live. They also show every round of the V8s too and have done for years.

If you're desperate for coverage then Five will be showing highlights in the week after the race, in their usual V8 slot I expect.
#8 - Smax
Unfortunately the link I had for the 1991 race is now dead, but this link

http://emergencyfork.net/bathurst92divx.avi for the '92 race is still working. Be aware that's a 600 odd mb file. It's Aussie TV coverage [channel 7 iirc]
Quote from Becky Rose :It's the 4th biggest motor race in the wolrd, or if your Australian the biggest and most important event in motor racing and screw the rest of the world - and rightly so!

I watched Baathurst on telly when I was younger, and I loved it! What a race, what a track, and what an event.

This year I got to watch one of my other favorite races which also gets poor coverage, Le Mans, by streaming video from Holland and commentary from Radio Le Mans.

'I wonder if I can do the same for Baathurst?' I thought...

It turns out that they do have internet broadcast all set up, in fact they get a bucket load of telemetry thrown into the deal, but it's all arranged through an Australian ISP who wont transmit outside of their own network, so this service is only available to Australians despite a comment on the site saying others can too.

My dissapointment is huge as i've been unable to watch this race now for several years. I dont know if one of the satalitte channels covers it in the UK or not, but if so they aren't mentioned on the v8 super cars site.

Just what is a pommy tart supposed to do?

Grrrr.

PM me and I'll video tape it and post it to ya UK is pal tv so it should work on your video as long as you have a long play VCR
Quote :V8 Supercar highlights are shown in the early hours of Wednesday mornings on Channel 5, I suppose it'll be shown then.

I dont have Motors TC, but C5 I didn't know covered it, thank you very much indeed ! Why no info on the v8 homepage when you click on the TV links?... ho hum.

Thanks for the offer Shannon, but it seems i'll be figuring out how to program the timer on my DVD Recorder, or taking Wednesdays off work .
Get Sky
ther has got to be a inet stream somewhere ?
read my post #2. i will try the links i have at the next round and let you guys know if they still work.
Quote from Smax :Unfortunately the link I had for the 1991 race is now dead, but this link

http://emergencyfork.net/bathurst92divx.avi for the '92 race is still working. Be aware that's a 600 odd mb file. It's Aussie TV coverage [channel 7 iirc]

Aussie channel ten now covers the V8s channel seven lost the plot years ago
#15 - Gunn
Quote from Becky Rose :I dont have Motors TC, but C5 I didn't know covered it, thank you very much indeed ! Why no info on the v8 homepage when you click on the TV links?... ho hum.

I'm not sure if this is why, but I believe Bathurst is an FIA event whereas most of the normal V8 Supercar events are not. I remember Ambrose getting fined for not wearing his balaclava (an FIA rule) at Bathurst and when questioned he said that in most V8 Supercar events it was not compulsory. I seem to recall the reason being that Bathurst (and another, maybe Sandown 500) were FIA races. A different points system applies to these special races but they still effect the annual V8 Supercar Championship.
Unlike every other single V8 Supercar event, Bathurst actually has enough racing room for the rediculous number of cars in the series and so it is a superior event from the outset.
While not as interesting or exciting as it was in the past when it contained mixed classes, it is still worth watching.

In Australia people often throw Bathurst parties at their homes with big screen coverage, lots of beer and food, and beer. All of their mates show up with beer and food, and more mates show up with more beer. And beer. I'd love to tell you more about these parties but I'm having trouble recalling exact details...
#16 - J.B.
Subscribing. A stream would be great, haven't seen this race ever.
im a australian and personaly i cant stand V8 supercars i dont know what it is about it but i just dont think they are that good drivers
i mean my old boss raced for team kiwi in the V8's and he was a good driver but i have seen better drivers in XF ford falcons :P

anyways ill watch my F1 MotoGP GTP and F3000's
I watch V8 Supercars reviews in Motorsport Mundial journal. The Russian commentator doesn't get the idea, he always says "It's a wrong decision to reverse the grid".
By the way, the TV channel that shows so much racing, is now broadcasting by a satellite.

Here is the info, someone may try to receive it. "Express AM 2" satellite, transponder #6, 80° east longtitude, frequency 3675 Mhz, 33.483 Mbaud/sec, FEC 7/8, polarization - circular, right rotation. Technical support: +7 495 617-52-40, 617-52-41, 617-92-83. Mail to ask about being a regional broadcaster.
Quote from Smax :Unfortunately the link I had for the 1991 race is now dead, but this link

Sorry to dig this old thread out again, but what the hell was wrong with the Australians there... though I quite liked Mark Skaife's reaction: "You're a pack of a**holes"
Always worth a try, you never know what might turn up
#24 - Smax
'91 race is full of turbo'd RS500s and Skylines, there's not so much V8 action,it depends what floats your boat.
I just watched the 91 race. pretty good race really, I've got nothing against Skylines or cossies, although they didn't seem to be particularly reliable!

awesome coverage from the aussies, plenty of commentator-driver chatter and plenty of amusing incidents. It put even modern F1 coverage to shame.

How to Watch Baathurst?
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG