XFR
FOX
RB4
UFR
MRT
XFG
XRG
UF1
Quote from Jakg :Worst - BF1, TC makes it even worse!

hmm I thought the TC sound was.. ermm rather good. Atleast it is not as bad as F1C and GTR.
FXO/R and in RL the BMW M3 and the Audi RS4!! :bowdown:
RAC and FXR sound the best to me, I can't stand the sound of the FZ5/R and the XRR, they hurt my ears.

Oh, and the LX6 sounds amazing too
Realistic or not, my favourite is the XRR. And the FXO at low RPM
#30 - S0ul
Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :I dno why but i love flooring the LX8 and turning the sound up, so that would be my best.

Sooo,LX-8 eh,i think i missed something.
but fzr sounds best in my opinion
I love the sound of the RAC , Ill agree at high revs it does get kind of weak though. LX4 sounds great too, and MRT

Worst? hmmm prolly RB4, sounds so lifeless.
Quote from DratsaB :I love the sound of the RAC , Ill agree at high revs it does get kind of weak though. LX4 sounds great too, and MRT

Worst? hmmm prolly RB4, sounds so lifeless.

I hate the wheelspins of the cars which you can't hear it from i.e. the XF - So annoying!!
Best from these bee engines is LX6.
Man, that's a tough one.... I don't really listen to the engine sounds
for the sound itself. I listen for what the engine sound TELLS me.
But after a long session racing, they all sound horrible
Quote from Becky Rose :totally modified sounds

how?
Quote from Gentlefoot :Lets be honest. Every one of them sounds crap compared to the real thing.

Yes really...got to agree with that!

Quote from Madman_CZ :hmm I thought the TC sound was.. ermm rather good. Atleast it is not as bad as F1C and GTR.

OMG!! The GTR "tuck tuck tuck" sound...horrible! And F1C was supposed to be an F1 game!! lol...unless you get the newest 2005 add-on, TC blows!!

I do find the BF1 to be alright/quite good from inside the cockpit, and the TC is ermm...good as you can get in anything right now. The only thing is the BF1 needs more of a whine/tone change when spectating
Quote from Gentlefoot :Lets be honest. Every one of them sounds crap compared to the real thing.

+1

I like the XRR sound most.
I voted for the RAC cos of it's exhaust sound at mid to low revs, although it doesnt sound so good higher up, and personally I don't like th Fxr, sounds like a square wave off a synthesiser rather than a car :S
#39 - wark
FXR sounds like an Airplane.
Quote from wark :FXR sounds like an Airplane.

Ja, ein Messerscmit, jawohl!

And, only 4 votes to UFR? Noooo...
Best ones: FXO BF1 FZR LX6 FZ5 (had to bold these because they are THAT good.. straight six grunt from the LX6.. mmm..)
Worst ones: UF1 UFR FO8 RAC
#42 - Jakg
Quote from Yucko! :Should have been a "None of them" option in the poll.
cause all the cars sound like farting in the bathtub

all the cars Mr Demo Racer?

I think you mean all the demo ones sound anemic, and that you are willing to sell your soul for a license!
Not all of them sound good at all...

FXO
LX6
FZR
XFR
FO8

Those sound good at various RPM levels. But seriously, the cars that should sound good... sound dissapointing. BF1 sounds horrible with no backfire and that horrible TC sound. LX4 and LX6 should actually sound way beefer and more like some open header metal to metal bangin beauty. I am not even gonna try and think how the other cars should sound, the entire sound engine needs a revamping in my opinion. The sounds aren't so bad that they ruin the game (like some say), I can still drive with them without my "ears bleeding". The game would just be 10x more immersive --and impressive-- if it had nicer sounds.
#44 - Jakg
you misunderstood my first port, imho the XF's and XR's sound awful, and i thought that seeing as he may not know about S2 cars i was pointing out there are more than just 3, but doing it subtley, alas, too subtley i think! the "how did you hear those?" was an honest question, the emoticon was there simply because i thought id say it sounded a tiny bit suspicious
Quote from Jakg :the emoticon was there simply because i thought id say it sounded a tiny bit suspicious

You've been a bit too suspsicious lately. Careful
i think the same as tweak...
they all sound bad exept a few couple at specific RPMs

its mostly the high rpm sounds that sounds real bad to me...
Yeah to get back on topic,id have to say the sounds in lfs,definatly need a big upgrade i wish something would be done so we could enjoy this game a lot more
lx6 of course
Desperately trying to bring this back on topic ....

Sounds are in need of a bit of an update, sure, but we don't know how soon, or how much is being done on the sounds ATM do we? and what the results of tha development will be.

It'd be lovely if Scawen would publish his 'to do list' or even open a moderated discussion on the sounds etc.

I don't mind the sounds, as I normally drive only in cockpit view for realism sake, and the sound is of course more immersive to me in that view.

Some here drive outside the car to gain some advantage etc which gives a different tone to the sounds, and may be resonsible for some comments that they are a bit shallow etc.

But I wonder if we all went back, did laps in cockpit view (as thats the way cars are driven!) for comparison, before we make real serious judgements on car sounds.

(All views, other than cockpit are in my opinion only there for taking screenies or offline viewing/replay analysis and should be disabled when online racing, this would force realism and even up the playing field)

"Shanny will now don my fireproof suit, be gentle with me "

Cheers ShannonN
Quote from joen :Yet another example of why you should never trust any clown

Who is the Clown here? The part of the LFS community that instantly thought that Yucko was a hacker? The mod who banned him?

I really think it's brilliant how a mod/admin will just ban anybody their and then without asking any questions or making any enquieries.

I was just talking to someone earlier about how the LFS forum has went so down hill in the past months and this really seems to proove it.

On topic, I voted for the FXR as even though it may not havea realistic sound, it sure as hell sounds meaty.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG