The online racing simulator
Test Patch D4 (now D48)
(704 posts, closed, started )
Hello Scawen!
i found a bug in the skidmarks. If you do donuts with 4WD cars instead of the classic circle you get a polygon.
At full steering lock they are more visible.
i used both Lemonara T16 and the Hoonifraud (more evident with this mod)
Attached images
lfs_00001488.jpeg
lfs_00001489.jpeg
Quote :Thanks, I will report to Victor, but please can you state exactly how you see this message, where it appears? Is it in the chat and what is the exact format of the text? I can't see an error in the code that looks like your description. Maybe it comes from the web server, so we need the exact description to track it down. Maybe even the colour of the text might help.

Just did a quick test, and with it enabled I get the same error.
Tried 2 more times to see if it was a one-time error but I get the error still. Tried with another mod (2nd pic) but to no avail

If I disable it, it works as normal, but download is slower. In D18 it works as it should.
Attached images
lfs_00000295.jpg
lfs_00000297.jpg
I had the same error trying to download the mod LEMON FANTOMAS.
Some mods gives me the error and some mods are downloaded.

In my case, the download was redirect to US.

To reproduce, I click in LEMON FANTOMAS.

And I receive the following error:

Attached images
error6.png
lemon.png
Quote from kagurazakayukari :On my case no... It redirect to JP and then I've got an ERROR:6 by a second later

Quote from Ibtasim6781 :Just did a quick test, and with it enabled I get the same error

Thank you for the reports. I have tracked down that error message and it appears to come from 7zip code reaching end of file. I suspect that the downloaded file is incomplete.

Quote from regispicanco :I had the same error trying to download the mod LEMON FANTOMAS.
Some mods gives me the error and some mods are downloaded.

Thanks. It is interesting that some mods download OK while others don't.
Is it about mod size?
Is it possible that in the "follow" view the display is the same in the new patch as it always was? It is a change that surely has a purpose but it is very uncomfortable to have the tachometer at one end
Attached images
lfs_00000276.jpg
lfs_00000277.jpg
I think that if it is possible for each user to be able to move some values ​​to their liking, that would be great.
Or simply put things in order of priority, from the most important, which is the tachometer and speedometer in the middle, to the sides of the new functions.
Attached images
lfs_00000278.jpg
I agree with herrc, it is uncomfortable not having the speedometer in the central part of the screen, if perhaps the position of the data could be modified, this would greatly facilitate visual comfort

I think this by having f9 pressed to observe the temperature of the tires, makes it impossible to see the speedometer
Quote from loopingz :Is it about mod size?

No, Victor found there was a problem with the synchronisation of the mod files on the US and JP servers, some of them were corrupted (by a bug that he thinks is now fixed).

He started a process to sync them again last night. I'm not sure how long that takes or if is finished yet, but maybe someone can have a go when convenient.

EDIT: That was done last night, so please try again.

Quote from HeRRC :Is it possible that in the "follow" view the display is the same in the new patch as it always was? It is a change that surely has a purpose but it is very uncomfortable to have the tachometer at one end

When F9 or F10 are pressed, there is more data in the middle now and it was overlapping with the tacho and speedo. Obviously it is unacceptable to have overlapping text, even if "CT" has been overlapping the tacho all these years.

I didn't think it would bother anyone. After all, it's a simulator and is designed for use of an internal view. But apparently I was wrong. Maybe the speedo and tacho should be moved UP instead, when F9 or F10 is pressed?
People in Asia, Oceania, North / South America, the incomplete files issue should be fixed so please try again with the new option and see if you get mods more quickly from the redirected locations. You will see a yellow redirect message if you are redirected.

If you enable Options... Misc - Allow HTTP redirect [EXPERIMENTAL]
Locations in Asia and Oceania should download mods from Japan
Locations in North and South America should download from USA
Quote from Scawen :People in Asia, Oceania, North / South America, the incomplete files issue should be fixed so please try again with the new option and see if you get mods more quickly from the redirected locations. You will see a yellow redirect message if you are redirected.

Tested with a VPN, and it is working fine like described
Quote from Scawen :...
I didn't think it would bother anyone. After all, it's a simulator and is designed for use of an internal view. But apparently I was wrong. Maybe the speedo and tacho should be moved UP instead, when F9 or F10 is pressed?

Big grin Some were driving with the front wheel view in force mode to be quicker ... For the speedo-tacho positions, if in the future if it may be totally customizable, it would be nice (I rembmer assetto corsa proposing this). Not sure how upper you would want to move those indicators, but people actually concerned may have a more interesting point of view than mine.
Quote from Flotch :A small issue I encountered : when running AI with mods on a new layout, everything computed and some lines are appearing on screen during the generation up to give a popup indicating that the path for AI has been built.
Then, if you 'cancel' the race instead of pressing 'start', the lines remain displayed on the menu => an auto clear would be welcome

I still have this minor fault in D19 ... in case it is easy to fix ...
Quote from Scawen :Maybe the speedo and tacho should be moved UP instead, when F9 or F10 is pressed?

You can see this in the attachment. Seems OK to me, raised by 5% of screen height when F9 or F10 are displayed.

Quote from Flotch :Tested with a VPN, and it is working fine like described

Thanks for the test! I look forward to results of a "real" test - how it is for people who had slow downloads before.

Quote from Flotch :I still have this minor fault in D19 ... in case it is easy to fix ...

I'm not really understanding what the problem is, as you can press H as usual to clear message history. Maybe that extra keypress is annoying?

Automatically switching off the history seems like a bad idea. Maybe there isn't any need for message history to be switched on at the start of generation. I don't really know why it is, maybe so "Press ESC to cancel" remains visible? Obviously this AI path generation isn't done beautifully, it really is a dev tool that was enabled in the public version.
Attached images
lfs_00000095.jpg
I didn't know the H key function. It is actually allowing to remove it.
And yes, pressing Esc is not displayed after, lines remain wherever you want to navigate in the menu (Training and multiplayer does clean the thing)
Attached images
lfs_00000125.jpg
[quote="Scawen;2041623"]You can see this in the attachment. Seems OK to me, raised by 5% of screen height when F9 or F10 are displayed.

maybe an option to show/hide fuel usage? same as the virtual steering wheel
Quote from Scawen :
When F9 or F10 are pressed, there is more data in the middle now and it was overlapping with the tacho and speedo. Obviously it is unacceptable to have overlapping text, even if "CT" has been overlapping the tacho all these years.

Just keeping the tachometer and speed as it was will be fine, the additional data added over the sides as everything is not important when driving during the race.
Just want to post this again as it would be great to hear some results from people in North/South America and Asia/Oceania about the new mod download system (which must be manually enabled).

Quote from Scawen :People in Asia, Oceania, North / South America, the incomplete files issue should be fixed so please try again with the new option and see if you get mods more quickly from the redirected locations. You will see a yellow redirect message if you are redirected.

Quote from Scawen :Just want to post this again as it would be great to hear some results from people in North/South America and Asia/Oceania about the new mod download system (which must be manually enabled).

I remember that last night we were on the server testing mods and some of the participants had problems with the download, is it because of that?
they usually take a long time, but sometimes it's several minutes.

Maybe this can be improved as we could improve the servers in Brazil that are not good for big events...
Quote from HeRRC :I remember that last night we were on the server testing mods and some of the participants had problems with the download, is it because of that?
they usually take a long time, but sometimes it's several minutes.

Maybe this can be improved as we could improve the servers in Brazil that are not good for big events...

It has already been improved, well Scawen and Victor made an attempt at a fix.
See the below option and give that a try:

Yisc[NL] is correct.

I'll try to make it more clear. There is a known problem that mods are slow to download for some people. Victor and I have tried to fix this with a new worldwide mod download system and it can be tested by switching on this option in the test patch.

I would have expected more feedback for it. It's quite a big deal, but we need results to make it official. If it's good, we may extend it to skins.

On the first day, there were a few fails but this problem has been fixed already by Victor. It doesn't need a new patch because the bug was on the web server, not in LFS.

Victor made a system that stores the mods not only in Rotterdam, but also in Japan and USA. With the new option enabled in LFS, your mods can be automatically downloaded from those locations. It's a real change that we need tested, so we can judge it.

We'd like to know:
- if you are in North/South America, do you get the "Redirect : US" message and your mods download quickly?
- if you are in Asia/Australasia/Oceania, do you get the "Redirect : JP" message and your mods download quickly?

To test: Options... Misc - Allow HTTP redirect [EXPERIMENTAL]
For those who may know, why when I use a VPN I still have a quick download, while in the comment from HeRRC people from Brazil may suffer from a very high downloading time ?
I tested with a VPN in Ecuador to connect to the US server, to have it sending back to the vpn server in Ecuador, then to me in France : operation done in few seconds on one mod ... how can it get worse in "local" ?
VPNs usually sit at internet exchange platforms, where many top-tier providers connect their networks. So those are fast.

Meanwhile people on the ground do have slow downloads.

For instance, I have to wait 10-20 seconds to load any photo from the news. Just checked the 20th anniversary page. The front image (RB4 on a banked turn) loaded 20s. Other photos took 10s each.

My traceroute:

1 _gateway (192.168.184.145) 1.998 ms 1.955 ms 2.464 ms
2 * * *
3 192.168.24.193 (192.168.24.193) 54.418 ms 54.385 ms 54.352 ms
4 10.155.89.202 (10.155.89.202) 55.194 ms 55.132 ms 55.464 ms
5 10.155.89.199 (10.155.89.199) 54.859 ms 54.882 ms 54.793 ms
6 * 192.168.24.114 (192.168.24.114) 25.037 ms 24.944 ms
7 192.168.10.66 (192.168.10.66) 24.766 ms 27.597 ms 27.506 ms
8 * * *
9 89.44.14.153 (89.44.14.153) 29.343 ms 29.198 ms 29.042 ms
10 89.44.14.130 (89.44.14.130) 28.710 ms 25.244 ms 25.468 ms
11 * * *
12 comp131-37.2day.kz (85.29.131.37) 61.471 ms comp131-25.2day.kz (85.29.131.25) 61.141 ms 61.065 ms
13 10ge.msk-ix.i3d.net (195.208.208.71) 88.913 ms 95.315 ms 95.052 ms
14 ruled1-rt002i.i3d.net (109.200.219.14) 85.415 ms 85.558 ms 85.275 ms
15 ruled1-rt001i.i3d.net (109.200.218.80) 100.266 ms 94.987 ms 94.343 ms
16 sesto1-rt002i.i3d.net (109.200.218.38) 114.223 ms 114.123 ms 114.017 ms
17 noosl1-rt001i.i3d.net (109.200.218.131) 110.105 ms 101.860 ms 101.407 ms
18 nlams1-rt001i.i3d.net (109.200.218.128) 247.611 ms 247.491 ms 247.446 ms
19 nlrtm1-rt002i.i3d.net (109.200.218.84) 209.009 ms 195.757 ms 195.631 ms
20 nlrtm1-rt017i.i3d.net (109.200.219.55) 241.312 ms 241.195 ms 241.127 ms
21 * * *
22 * * *
23 * * *
24 * * *
25 * * *
26 * * *
27 * * *
28 * * *
29 * * *
30 * * *

Quote from Scawen :Yisc[NL] is correct.

I'll try to make it more clear. There is a known problem that mods are slow to download for some people. Victor and I have tried to fix this with a new worldwide mod download system and it can be tested by switching on this option in the test patch.

I would have expected more feedback for it. It's quite a big deal, but we need results to make it official. If it's good, we may extend it to skins.

On the first day, there were a few fails but this problem has been fixed already by Victor. It doesn't need a new patch because the bug was on the web server, not in LFS.

Victor made a system that stores the mods not only in Rotterdam, but also in Japan and USA. With the new option enabled in LFS, your mods can be automatically downloaded from those locations. It's a real change that we need tested, so we can judge it.

We'd like to know:
- if you are in North/South America, do you get the "Redirect : US" message and your mods download quickly?
- if you are in Asia/Australasia/Oceania, do you get the "Redirect : JP" message and your mods download quickly?

To test: Options... Misc - Allow HTTP redirect [EXPERIMENTAL]

US test here, tried downloading the same mods both with/without HTTP redirect enabled, and it's at least 2x faster with it enabled from here, some mods download even faster, some would usually take around 15 seconds to download and now it takes about 7 seconds to do so with the new option..

I'm sorry I can't be as technical on my explanation, but hope it helps, anyway if there's a way to measure the download speed within LFS I'm happy to do more testing and report as needed
Thanks for the test! Downloading the same mod at the same time of day with and without the HTTP redirect enabled is pretty scientific and gives fairly convincing results. Thumbs up
Quote from Scawen :Previously it simply ignored calls to run those scripts from a script, but now it is telling you that is is ignoring them.

Does that make sense? I think the idea is those scripts are automatically called, so should not be called by a user script.

The thing is that the CAR scripts used to contain the "run xxx" command according to the gearbox setting. It is no longer there in a fresh installation of 0.7D. I don't know in which version it got removed.

This is my UF1.lfs:

// This script is run when you select the UF1

run road

I guess we have to manually remove the run scripts from all car scripts if they are there.
The new download option works for great for me, thank you! Mods download within a second or two now at 2MB/s which is much better than before. Is this download redirection applied to mod previews as well? That seems to be a bit slow still when scrolling through the mod browser.
This thread is closed

Test Patch D4 (now D48)
(704 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG