The online racing simulator
Cartoon Oldtimers
Decided to give my older mods (Hadimrska Sport and Lemon Adieu) to the community and enable their derivatives.

Here are some screenshots from various stages of 3D models to prove that these mods are my own work and therefore are valid bases for future mods according to the LFS Vehicle license

Attached images
blender_oldtimers_stuchlo.jpg
I have decided to completely graphically rework my first mod - Hadimrska Sport. Here is the first preview of the progress in Blender and LFS Editor. It is going to get a completely reworked interior, a new config with roof, a new engine sound, a new steering animation, an optimized texture mappings and many other smaller improvements.

Attached images
hadimrskaV2.jpg
Update: reworked mesh and mappings are done. Some textures will need a little more work but the major update is published. Here is a comparison between the old (top) and the current version (bottom). As can be seen, the basic topology is the same, but the mesh is much more detailed.
Attached images
hadimrska_new_graphics.jpg
Update: a complete graphical rework of the Lemon Adieu. More detailed mesh + used parts from my other mods.
Attached images
adieu_graphic_rework.jpg
You are a perfectionist and I love your work. I mean retro cars are not so mainstream here, but I'm impressed of that how much time you spend on your mods and you came back to update this and become perfectly done. Respect!
Quote from ivo_drifta :You are a perfectionist and I love your work. I mean retro cars are not so mainstream here, but I'm impressed of that how much time you spend on your mods and you came back to update this and become perfectly done. Respect!

Thanks, it is always nice to get such feedback, especially from such good modder as you are Smile I also admire your modding, the way how you work with the LFS editor is just extraordinary. I have used those old cars to learn the modding basics for two reasons. Firstly, they are technically much more simple then modern cars and thus can be recreated accurately. Secondly, I just love old cars Big grin

Every mod took more than 50 hours of work and research and some of them (for example Xsara) more than 100. But it would be a pity to make non-realistic mods for such realistic simulation Wink
The Hotrod is absolutely amazing to drive!! Big grin
Everything is perfect and well made.
Only thing that might be improved is the way the car steers, it is a bit too responsive and feels like there isn't much inertia.
But I dont know if that is intentional and if that is the way these cars feel in real life.
Quote from dornardo :The Hotrod is absolutely amazing to drive!! Big grin
Everything is perfect and well made.
Only thing that might be improved is the way the car steers, it is a bit too responsive and feels like there isn't much inertia.
But I dont know if that is intentional and if that is the way these cars feel in real life.

It is a purely fictional build but based on a real world car parts. It uses a rack-and-pinion steering, which is precise but the force-feedback should be minimal (at least in the default setup). It is probably little lighter than it should be and also tires have much more grip than those from 50s but it is not a final car and I will definitely try some adjustments in the future. Thanks for the feedback Smile

Anyway, derivatives are allowed, so feel free to build your own rod Smile

Cartoon Oldtimers
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG