(19 posts, started )
Amazing Mind Reading Web Page
it's ttrue.. wth
crap i almost had a heart attack
Quote from Turbo Dad :Scary !:Eyecrazy:

No, simple math.

Pick number XY = 10*X + Y
Subtract the sum of the digits: 10*X + Y - (X+Y) = 9*X

You always arrive at a multiple of 9. If you look at the table of symbols, you'll see that every ninth number carries the same symbol.
That's pretty freaky. I did the number things twice and it got them both right. Then I just skipped the number part and stared at a symbol. Low and behold, it knew what I was staring at!

Just tried to 'trick' it again and it got it wrong, twice.
ah ha i made it fail
I remember seeing how these are done a while back, no matter what number you start with you will always end up with specific numbers, so they are all the same symbol.

No matter what you'll always end up with one of the underlined values.
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
Quote from Luke.S :ah ha i made it fail

Doing the math improperly in your head doesn't mean the thing failed, it means you failed.
#9 - J@tko
Quote from MAGGOT :Doing the math improperly in your head doesn't mean the thing failed, it means you failed.

Actually, technically you can make it fail. 1.2 is a 2-digit number.
1+2=3
1.2-3=-1.8

It needs to say 2-digit integer for it to be fool-proof. (although obviously the maths still needs to be right :tilt
We did these kind of things way back at school. It's just simple maths as wsindia said.

Not freaky unless you believe in witchcraft lol
Saw this kind of thing ages ago somewhere. Pretty funny the first time you see it I suppose.
Quote from J@tko :Actually, technically you can make it fail. 1.2 is a 2-digit number.
1+2=3
1.2-3=-1.8

It needs to say 2-digit integer for it to be fool-proof. (although obviously the maths still needs to be right :tilt

1 is an unlimited digit number in that case. 1.00000000000000000r.

And by the looks of things its written in another language too so the native text might not be English.

EDIT:

HOW DOES IT KNOW! Which ever number i pick it knows what i've picked and out of about 20 tries its had every single one right.

Oh, now i realise. It switches the symbols around to any of those magic numbers each time so I kept thinking it was picking mine out of the whole bunch but there's loads of the same one.
mine had it wrong
my grandpa played this with me like more than 10 years ago,its just simple math,but back than it was magic
#15 - JJ72
people are still amazed by this nowadays lol, the first time I saw such thing is a david cooperfield show when I was 5.
It still amazes me lol
This is the sort of thing I'd love to be in the room when lerts sees. No doubt he'd have some crazy mind-control theory about it, involving giant oranges and stuff.
Quote from Dajmin :This is the sort of thing I'd love to be in the room when lerts sees. No doubt he'd have some crazy mind-control theory about it, involving giant oranges and stuff.

you forgot that the giant oranges eat chairs and roam around on the moon
And I belived we had a name 'n shame rule on this forum :rolleyes:

Amazing Mind Reading Web Page
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG