The online racing simulator
Quote from thisnameistaken :They're not major world economies like the UK and the USA. They don't appear to be the huge economic opportunity that we do.

But one minute the supporters of immigration, asylum seekers etc are saying that the poor souls are only coming here to improve their quality of life.

Norway and Switzerland have amongst the highest quality of life in the world - higher than the US and UK by most international measures.

But now you're admitting that the immigration is only for the "economic opportunity" - i.e. the money?
I've been loathed to get involved in this thread at a serious level for many reasons. One of them being, it's a topic that's been going round in circles since page 2.

However, at this juncture i'd like to say
Quote from thisnameistaken :I have some faith that the people involved in this argument don't identify with those ****heads.

I think you've got more faith than me, i really do...
Quote from Bladerunner :EH????!!!!! Switzerland not a major

My mistake - I read "Norway" and assumed the next country was Sweden.

Quote from STROBE :Norway and Switzerland have amongst the highest quality of life in the world - higher than the US and UK by most international measures.

But now you're admitting that the immigration is only for the "economic opportunity" - i.e. the money?

Naturally. Because they need to send money home to ensure the survival of their families.

While we're on the subject: For the record when I lived in the USA for three years I was there COMPLETELY ILLEGALLY for everything but the first three months. I worked there illegally, I paid no taxes, I was a total dosser.

Consequently I worked with a lot of Mexicans, because the same places that were happy to hire me already hired a lot of illegal Mexicans. Most of them would readily admit that the plan was to send enough money home to buy a smallholding and some livestock in order to buy some security for their families. These guys suffered immensely to get to the USA - I heard stories about shooting dogs in the desert for food, taking beatings from border guards when they were caught, and still persevering. They wouldn't do that if they were just looking for an "easy life" over the border.

And I can't imagine how the average small business owner in the USA would survive without the cheap labour offered by illegal immigrants. They would have to hike prices in a way that the average US consumer would not be willing to pay.

Once again we see the situation where nationals are happy to enjoy the benefits of cheap labour but can't stand the idea of illegal labourers providing those benefits to them.

The UK situation is no different.
The swiss are willing to pay far more for their quality of life than they would if they allowed immigrants to take over the arduous jobs. They know that their way of life is worth the price.

They have an excellent system of immigration
Quote :Although Switzerland has Europe's toughest naturalisation laws - foreigners must live for 12 years in a Swiss community before they can apply, and being born in Switzerland brings no right to citizenship - the Swiss People's Party passed a new naturalisation procedure in 2007, called Democratic Naturalisation . In this new procedure foreigners must often be approved by the entire voting community through a secret ballot.

Perfect. Of course it should be the choice of the community as to who gets to live in it! The more I read about Switzerland the more I like. When I visited Switzerland, I didn't even scratch the surface of all there is to experience there. I hope I can go again soon.
Quote from flymike91 :The swiss are willing to pay far more for their quality of life

The Swiss pay **** all taxes, they can afford to pay more for their quality of life.

Actually that's probably got something to do with why being an illegal labourer in Switzerland isn't particularly appealing - it's difficult to undercut domestic suppliers given a level playing field.
Quote from thisnameistaken :The Swiss pay **** all taxes, they can afford to pay more for their quality of life.

Actually that's probably got something to do with why being an illegal labourer in Switzerland isn't particularly appealing - it's difficult to undercut domestic suppliers given a level playing field.

Once again Kev...EPIC FAIL...as I said earlier, PLEASE RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING CRAP.
Quote :Personal taxes are very reasonable in Switzerland. Despite the complex federalistic political structure, the Swiss tax system is very simple and the fiscal administration rather efficient.
Lump sum taxation
Foreigners with no activity (that is, retired) can choose to pay a lump sum annual tax, which is calculated on their rental payments (or the rental value of their house or apartment) with no relation to their real income or wealth.
More about lump sum taxation ...
Income tax
You pay taxes where you live, and these taxes are divided between the the federal government, the canton and the city (about a third at each level). There are wide variations in tax rates between cantons and even cities, and your overall tax bill will very much depend on where you live, even though it rarely exceeds 30%.
Wealth tax
Swiss cantons levy a small wealth tax of maximum 1% of your net assets (unless you qualify for the lump sum taxation). This is the oldest tax in the country and never assumes the retaliatory significance that it has in some countries.
Estate tax
Several cantons levy a small estate tax (i.e. inheritance tax) of about 7% between father and son, but this is being phased out by popular demand.
More about estate tax ...
Capital gain tax
Switzerland does not apply capital gain taxes, except for professional equity and real estate traders.
More about capital gains taxes ...

http://www.live-in-switzerland.com/e/faq/personal-taxes.html
Kev was wrong but it does not require CAPS LOCK to tell him so. You would garner more respect by giving it, even when contradicting someone.

I'd like to see more discussion about the Swiss method of naturalization (I find it intensely interesting) rather than how much money they have or pay in taxes (boring)
Quote from Bladerunner :Once again Kev...EPIC FAIL...as I said earlier, PLEASE RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING CRAP.
Quote from some source somewhere :your overall tax bill... rarely exceeds 30%.

Please research further and actually do some sums (use a calculator if necessary) before posting in all caps like you've just slam-dunked your first forum win in a lifetime.

Quote from flymike91 :Kev was wrong

He wasn't, judging by UK levels of taxation. The AVERAGE UK citizen pays about 30% given income tax and national insurance, before getting stiffed on everything we buy.

We pay a lot more than the average US citizen too, for the record.
Quote from flymike91 :Kev was wrong but it does not require CAPS LOCK to tell him so. You would garner more respect by giving it, even when contradicting someone.

As it was the second time I requested that he did some simple research in the space of less than an hour, I felt the need to emphasise a bit...

Basically a case of "Make sure brain is engaged before selecting mouth" (or fingers, in this instance )
Perhaps you're familiar with the BNP's adulation for Switzerland's relative racial purity. They seem to think that all of Switzerland's immigration problems are solved by national service and an automatic weapon owning-and-operating populace.

But you have to appreciate the fact that they believe this because they're ****ing stupid.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Perhaps you're familiar with the BNP's adulation for Switzerland's relative racial purity. They seem to think that all of Switzerland's immigration problems are solved by national service and an automatic weapon owning-and-operating populace.

But you have to appreciate the fact that they believe this because they're ****ing stupid.

I didnt know that, and I would never guess that a Nation with three recognized languages and three distinct groupings would be classed as 'pure' in the BNP's eyes...but then again, maybe they adore Israel as well for exactly the same reason.
Quote from tristancliffe :...... that is that whole cause of why the country is (and I believe it is) being overrun (i.e. it's not overrun at the moment, but it is becoming overrun)

How exactly is a 90% White British population anywhere near "becoming overrun"

It's as if you and Andy got a Degree from the Daily Mail School of scaremongering and over-exaggeration.

The other 10% are called "minority's" for a reason. They are a minority, and a very small one at that.

Just like the terrorism issue, this whole "ethnic minority's are taking over" is completely blown out of proportion.

It's the politics of fear, and sadly a lot of people fall for it.

The ethnic minority's will never overrun Britain, and the chances of you dying in a terrorist attack are virtually nil.
Quote from Bladerunner :I didnt know that, and I would never guess that a Nation with three recognized languages and three distinct groupings would be classed as 'pure' in the BNP's eyes...but then again, maybe they adore Israel as well for exactly the same reason.

They adore Israel?

Their leader has been convicted for his anti-Jew publications in the past. How much do you think he adores Israel? Yes they've got a Jewish councillor at the moment, but they also have Sikh councillors - all people they wouldn't have touched without the application of a baseball bat before the populist hatred of Islam started in earnest.

On the BNP blog that reported the list publication I saw one member lamenting that the nationals were too busy reporting the death of "that ****ing Jew Reg Varney" to worry about the BNP list. I didn't even know he was a Jew but as a bus driver and BNP supporter no doubt you were more clued-up than me in that regard.

My apologies for not typing all this with caps lock engaged, but I'm not a yob like you are, I don't need to shout so much.
Quote :Originally Posted by tristancliffe

...the argument that Britain did wrong in the past so cannot have an opinion now (even a minority opinion) is the same thing as saying Germany did wrong once and therefore must still be wrong.

I really hesitated to bring up the past before I posted- I agree that you shouldn't judge people of today for what their ancestors did. Countries like Australia are what they are today largely due to immigration (not just from England) and even though the indigenous aboriginal population is still relatively suffering as a result, I don't blame anyone in particular. But really my point was to look to now instead of the past and realise that you can't go back. You have to accept that these days that most anywhere you go there will be multiculturalism and a cosmopolitan vibe to a greater or lesser degree.

Parties like the BNP obviously cannot tolerate this cosmopolitanism; they are threatened by the idea that people who are different from them are also like them... simply cannot get it into their heads.
Quote from Electrik Kar :my point was to look to now instead of the past and realise that you can't go back.

That's what this all boils down to. I think I said the same thing a few pages back.
I used to think I could time travel if I spun around fast enough, so I got an office chair and had my friend spin me. It worked too, my lunch traveled in time and came out of my mouth.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I used to think I could time travel if I spun around fast enough, so I got an office chair and had my friend spin me. It worked too, my lunch traveled in time and came out of my mouth.

Don't get Lerts started!
Quote from thisnameistaken :My mistake - I read "Norway" and assumed the next country was Sweden.

2 points, first theres nothing wrong with Swedens economy and theres plenty of work over there.

And second sweden is starting to have the same invasion of people from countrys like Iraq.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xYAm9Gv-Zcc

1000 pupils in a swedish school how many are swedish? 2
Quote from andybarsblade :And second sweden is starting to have the same invasion of people from countrys like Iraq.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xYAm9Gv-Zcc

Is the problems being faced in Sweden there down to all immigrants being hostile tosspots or is it down to a lack of mutual understanding and working together between cultures. It sounds like there is an aweful lot of tension between the ethnic and native population for ambulance drivers and fireman to come under attack - we dont have these problems to such a great extent, so what is the problem here: immigrants being "invaders" as you put it; or a failure to reach a mutual understanding?

Quote :1000 pupils in a swedish school how many are swedish? 2

So? We had this debate earlier but you never responded to what the actual problem was? Being breeded out? Well aslong as you pop a couple of sprogs you're not going to get bred out are you? If you're worried the one day the democratic process will result in the "immigrant" population voting in Sharia law or something then I dont think that is really likely is it... Maybe if the whole of India or China upped roots and "invaded" us then we might become the "minority", but economically they're doing a lot better than us of late so you need not worry there...

I dont know about you but I am expecting to be spending some time in India next year myself! I wonder if they'll consider me to be invadeing them, stealing their tea and silks, and throw stones at me for wearing a red coat (I may have to buy one for the ocassion).
Quote from Becky Rose : It sounds like there is an aweful lot of tension between the ethnic and native population for ambulance drivers and fireman to come under attack - we dont have these problems to such a great extent,

Oh yes we do it just doesnt get put on the news, or if it does the groups responsible dont get reported. I was watching a old episode of street wars the other night and that focused on fire fighters being attacked by people setting cars alight in a street then attacking them when they came to put it out. Everyone shown weather it was throwing stones/bits of wood at the fire engine or attacking the firemen themselves were "asian".
Quote from thisnameistaken :They adore Israel?

Their leader has been convicted for his anti-Jew publications in the past. How much do you think he adores Israel? Yes they've got a Jewish councillor at the moment, but they also have Sikh councillors - all people they wouldn't have touched without the application of a baseball bat before the populist hatred of Islam started in earnest.

On the BNP blog that reported the list publication I saw one member lamenting that the nationals were too busy reporting the death of "that ****ing Jew Reg Varney" to worry about the BNP list. I didn't even know he was a Jew but as a bus driver and BNP supporter no doubt you were more clued-up than me in that regard.

My apologies for not typing all this with caps lock engaged, but I'm not a yob like you are, I don't need to shout so much.

Sorry... I forgot Forum Rule #13b: "Sarcasm is wasted on the less intelligent"
As for shouting earlier, forgive me, but it was my pent up frustrations that you were posting crap without:
a) Reading the post that you were replying to.
b) Having the faintest idea what you were talking about.

For the benefit of those that cannot be bothered to READ (emphasis!) a post properly before spouting off..I will repeat what I said:

Quote :...but then again, maybe they adore Israel as well for exactly the same reason.

This was obviously a sarcastic retort to your suggestion that the reason Switzerland had fewer immigration problems was because they all had semi-automatic weapons and conscription...well, FYI, so do the Israelis.

Hope this helps, though somehow I feel it wont, you are too indoctrinated by The Guardian
Quote from Becky Rose :I dont know about you but I am expecting to be spending some time in India next year myself! I wonder if they'll consider me to be invadeing them, stealing their tea and silks, and throw stones at me for wearing a red coat (I may have to buy one for the ocassion).

That depends on weather or not your going on your own or if your going with 70,000 other Brits all to live in your own seperate community not speaking the language and making sure you get all community letters/signs ect in English over streching local public services like schools/hospitals and if your going to claim benefits or demand for a church to be put up for your friends, Then when you cant get a decent job because of racist attitudes towards you, you turn to crime then decide that your not happy with the government so go on a suicide bombing campain to show you dissaproval and kill innocent people.
Well yes, if ever want to watch an impartial and non-sensationalist documentary, I always turn to 'Street Wars'.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Well yes, if ever want to watch an impartial and non-sensationalist documentary, I always turn to 'Street Wars'.

LOL im just saying thats what was on at the time, please dont take it as documental evidence.
Quote from andybarsblade :That depends on weather or not your going on your own or if your going with 70,000 other Brits all to live in your own seperate community not speaking the language and making sure you get all community letters/signs ect in English over streching local public services like schools/hospitals and if your going to claim benefits or demand for a church to be put up for your friends, Then when you cant get a decent job because of racist attitudes towards you, you turn to crime then decide that your not happy with the government so go on a suicide bombing campain to show you dissaproval and kill innocent people.

I expect, although it's not confirmed, to be going over on business. Now India is a very prudent country - and well you've seen me, i've multi-coloured hair and a deathwish, so i'm going to go over and be imperialistic quite deliberately. I'll have a wollah to do my errands (I really will), will purposefully buy a red coat, and will make as many references to Imperial rule as I can. This is because i'm an anarchist. I'll also be sure to openly flirt with all the ladies, and make references to the "Christian tongue" being the language of love, and call everyone 'boy'.

It's a good job i'm bloody good at my job really isn't it I wonder if i'll get the Abu Dabii trip...

On a more serious note what you've come back with there is an interpretation of "immigrant culture". The vast majority of people coming to this country, and indeed Sweden, don't do the things you are saying here.

As I said earlier if you want to tackle these issues you have to tackle the causes of extremism, not go on the rampage rounding up innocents. Sadly, if we all held the attitude you displayed in that post then we'd be creating an even bigger extremism problem thus making it a self fullfilling prophecy.

BNP membership data leaked - whoops!
(982 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG