The online racing simulator
Race Center Event
(136 posts, started )
Race Center Event

A few weeks ago I recieved the following

Quote :Dear Tristan,

Congratulations you have won The Race Centre / Autosport Competition.

Our apologies for the delay in notifying you, but we are delighted to inform you that you won the competition you entered in Autosport in July.

The Race Centre is the first race car simulation centre in the UK and you have won your own private race event at The Race Centre for up to 20 drivers.

Your event can be run as a Team Endurance race or a Grand Prix Heats event and we will help you in deciding what will be most appropriate for your event including the choice of car and circuit. Our website www.driverschallenge.co.uk explains the events formats. Once you have had the opportunity to view the website please contact me to discuss the options and a suitable date for your event.

Kindest Regards

David Goode
Marketing Director
The Race Centre
Tel +44(0)23 80 26 99 27, Mob +44(0)7855 370223
www.driverschallenge.co.uk

I originally opened the offer to my real life racing club, but didn't get much in the way of response. So, I've decided to open up the offer to you lot.

There is currently no date set - this is something I'll need to arrange depending on who is interested and when it's felt a good time is.

I have 19 spaces free at the time of writing. If you want to come post your interest here. It's almost first come, first served, although I reserve the right to not invite interested parties that I have no wish to invite

Don't forget that the event itself is totally free!!! Much better than Bob's previous LFS meet which cost you money (on top of travel/hotels etc).

So, put your names down, and give some ideas of when you'd like to do this. E.g. late December, or Mid January etc. It'll almost certainly be a weekend. Please - don't forget to give some thought to dates. I'd hate to arrange a time that isn't actually good for you all! January is looking most likely, probably in the first weekend or two I'd think.

The Race Centre can be found here, near Southampton.
[/LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Edit: Names and suggested dates, mostly for my benefit later

1. Tristypoo (me)
2. Dajmin (possibly) - January, but not the 10th
3. Jack Lafferty - Weekend in January
4. Bob Smythe - Last weekend in December.
5. Danowat - depends on date.
6. S14 Drift - Easy going. Ha ha ha! But will bring Jaffa Cakes. He promised.
7. jasonmatthews - January (just after Christmas no less!)
8. Franky500
9. Tongey - January. Can't do weekend of 17th and 24th
10. Kayjay
11. Mark Matthews (Jason's brother)
12. Felplacerad - January weekend. All the way from fecking Gothenburg, which makes Jakg look like an even bigger blouse!
13. Joe Keaveney
14. Mcgas001 - Easy
15. Rick uk - January
16. Minimaxman - Jan
17. V1rg0 - Jan
18. DaveWS - beginning of January
19. bozo (plus two spectating children that he'll probably use as weapons of distraction)
20. Nihil

Reserve List (in order of application)

21. Becky Rose - March!

Big Girls Blouses that are scared of roads and cars so won't come

1. Jakg
Sweet deal. I'd love to come along, but I can't guarantee I'd be able to get there.
I'd be a definite maybe for some time in January (but not the 10th since my band is playing)
Tristan - count me in (assuming I've not managed to stumble onto your sh*t list...)

Pick a weekend in January and I'll try to make it - and if anyone wants to lift share from Wilts / Glos - you're welcome to risk my RL road skillz

regards

Jack L.
I am interested, although it depends a lot on the date as to whether I could make it. Last weekend in December would be very convenient as I'm back in Portsmouth for Christmas. January would mean traversing the length of the country, which is time consuming and expensive.

I take it this will be just GPL this time? For those who don't remember, a bunch of people from these forums went there a couple of years ago, and here's what we thought of it. We played a mix of GPL and LFS.
Sounds very interesting, I would be interested in taking part, depending on when it is.
Quote from tristancliffe :A few weeks ago I recieved the following

[/b][/color][/font][/url]

I originally opened the offer to my real life racing club, but didn't get much in the way of response. So, I've decided to open up the offer to you lot.

There is currently no date set - this is something I'll need to arrange depending on who is interested and when it's felt a good time is.

I have 19 spaces free at the time of writing. If you want to come post your interest here. It's almost first come, first served, although I reserve the right to not invite interested parties that I have no wish to invite

So, put your names down, and give some ideas of when you'd like to do this. E.g. late December, or Mid January etc. It'll almost certainly be a weekend.

The Race Centre can be found here, near Southampton.
[/left]
[/left]

Edit: Names and suggested dates

1. Tristan (me)
2. Dajmin (possibly) - January, but not the 10th
3. Jack Lafferty - Weekend in January

Me please!!!!

I'll even bring you jaffacakes.

knows you'll say no, but i will ask anyway

:hide:
I think you must all think I'm some weird person that holds grudges, or even thinks that I'm easily crossed, or that I link real life personality with forum personality.

As far as I'm concerned all the above would be more than welcome, even without Jaffa Cakes (but they might guarantee you a better rig).
Woohoo, as long as I've passed my bike test (Thursday, another lesson tommorow), should be a short blast down the M3 for me.

Btw can do it any time,/date I'm not picky or anything Obviously Sunday would be best, but hey.
I'd be interested, not too near Christmas would be best for me, so January I s'ppose

Also would want to go with another teammate, who you have already met more than likely
Bring him on - first come first served remember, and you'll have had to have done something REALLY irritating to not be wanted
Apart from dragging you to watch the footy match the last time we went karting with you?
I wold love to come, but there is no chance of me getting time of work to get away for more than a day....and it would need to be a weakend thing for me.

I know this does nothing to you're list, but the (large amount of) beer and Magners which I have drunk means I just needed to post useless info

It's time for bed I think, but not till I watch Band of Brothers on BBC 2
Quote from jasonmatthews :Apart from dragging you to watch the footy match the last time we went karting with you?

Gives me something to try and ignore, and I like that sort of challenge. Trying to hold any sort of conversation in a pub when there is a telly in the room is next to impossible, even if you don't like the subject on it!

Must... stop... watching... telly...!!! Someone... start... a... conversation...
i could be interested in this, any weekend after christmas. although i am quite irritating
#15 - Jakg
Where is it?
Jakg, tut tut tut. Your forum experience should teach you - read the OP :P
What games are they using at this place?
#19 - Jakg
181 miles and the M11?

No thanks
Depending on date, I would definately be up for this

Jan is good although cannot do weekends of 17th & 24th
That's not far! Just a quick drive really. And the M11 is such a ridiculously easy road that it won't matter. And if Dan and I go then there would be a chance we can all share one car and all save money

StableX - I only know of GPL and LFS, but I bet there are others.
Quote from Jakg :181 miles and the M11?

No thanks

Wuss. 78 miles for me, involving the M3, M4 and M25 (briefly)
Quote from tristancliffe :I only know of GPL and LFS, but I bet there are others.

If you've been told something specifically, then feel free to correct me (been a while since I was there), but at the time:

* Only GPL was fully set up and automated.
* We were the first group to test LFS, they were looking to support this but required some automation software to be written.
* They had another sim on one of the booths that was being tested, although I forget what it was.

How much progress they've made on this front I don't know but it's probably worth finding out in advance.

Quote from Dajmin :Wuss.

Agreed - if a January date is chosen, I'd have a 700 mile round trip if I still wished to attend. At least it's closer than Sweden.
Quote from tristancliffe :And if Dan and I go then there would be a chance we can all share one car and all save money

That would certainly make life easier, with the credit crunch and what not

Race Center Event
(136 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG