The online racing simulator
Indicator Indicators on Dash
(24 posts, started )
#1 - Nick.
Confusing title, I know. I couldn't find another way to word it

But, currently, for the indicators, there's only one little orange light in the middle of the dash that tells you if they're on. I think to make it more realistic, there should be one on each side, one on the left, one on the right. And they shouldn't be orange. They should change colors to whatever you make your gauges (mine are a neon-ish blue, so they would be that.) +/-1?
Yes, I'm for it. +1

They could be like two arrows.
It should be 2 green arrows imo.
Quote from Nick. :Confusing title, I know. I couldn't find another way to word it

But, currently, for the indicators, there's only one little orange light in the middle of the dash that tells you if they're on. I think to make it more realistic, there should be one on each side, one on the left, one on the right. And they shouldn't be orange. They should change colors to whatever you make your gauges (mine are a neon-ish blue, so they would be that.) +/-1?

Some smaller cars, especially cars in the mid 80's, and nearly all motorcycles have only the one warning light that your indicator(s) are on.

Maybe a +1 for later, but nothing more than a cruise function.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Some smaller cars, especially cars in the mid 80's, and nearly all motorcycles have only the one warning light that your indicator(s) are on.

Maybe a +1 for later, but nothing more than a cruise function.

Confirmed, Xsara Picasso has one light for both indicators. It is a green light with two arrows though, not a vague orange circle
If you look closely into the XF or XR road cars dash, you can see indicator lights, both left and right, but they don't light up.
I disagree S14.

I've seen people use them in actual races to help faster traffic pass. I have tried, successfully might I add, to signal to the following driver which side of the track I will stay on to let them pass. Watching in the mirror, I could see he wanted to pass on the other side, (I have no idea why, it was FAR from the preferred line...) but he got the idea very quickly and passed on the other side.

I actually would prefer to map those functions to my wheel in game instead of having to use a profiler. I think they are more important than having the ignition mapped to my wheel.
Well, valid your point may be, I'd rather someone just move off the line than swerve about trying to find their indicator.

Besides, as you gain experience you'll know where to go (and where others will normally go) when they go to pass you (or you go to pass them).
+1
+1 here too .
I think it'd make a good addition. Small details like that, bring the game to life.
Quote from rsnake53 :[snip]
I actually would prefer to map those functions to my wheel in game instead of having to use a profiler. I think they are more important than having the ignition mapped to my wheel.

You can map indicators in game.

Assign a couple binds like the following:

Ctrl+f7 binded to
/press 7

Ctrl+f8 binded to
/press 8

Ctrl+f10 binded to
/press 0

Then you can assign wheel buttons to those bind keys in the controls menu in game. DONE !

Back OT -
The guages are there on the dash, but every dash is different so I guess the single light was given to us because that was easier to implement at the time. Function before form, so we'll have to wait for it. I don't imagine it's high on to-do list.
+1 from me, would be a nice feature
+1 i've always wnated that becuase when i'm using them i never know which light is on the left or the right.
Are indicators actually used in real racing? If yes, then what kind of races?

PS: This is not about comparison of LFS and reality, I simply want to know.
Quote from breadfan :Are indicators actually used in real racing? If yes, then what kind of races?

PS: This is not about comparison of LFS and reality, I simply want to know.

Endurance races, like the 24h of the Nordschleife.
Hi

Yes, two green arowes should be the indicator lights. But what about the hazards light, I think there is one on the dash which could flash.

Maybe even a proper stalk for the inicators, which the hand could turn on while driving

Jon
+1 and i have seen real life racing using indicators, mostly if its a damaged car and racing cars behind is coming, they use indicators to let the racers know where to go
+1235612, thats a lekker idea , i have thought about that a couple of times, and ja with regards to the hazard or emergencey lights the two green arrows just flash similtaniously, nice, hope the devs do it, PLEASE
I think there are more important issues that the Dev's could be taking care of, rather than a non-important visual adjustment.

Think back to the early/mid 1980's - there were many cars that used a single light to indicate when the turn signals are on.

Heres a solution for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... V7Guo&feature=related
If you can figure it out
Well we're not living in 1980's anymore
No need to go that far. I drive a '95 Fiat Tipo and it uses a single light for both indicators. It's a green light though, not amber.

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG