The online racing simulator
Why no supercars?
(60 posts, started )
Quote from Zen321 :the GT-500 is a very good car in terms of acceleration/top speed

Is 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and a 155MPH top speed limiter "very good"? Uh-hu I mean, it's good for the price, I guess. But it probably handles horribly.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Is 0-60 in 4.5 seconds and a 155MPH top speed limiter "very good"? Uh-hu I mean, it's good for the price, I guess. But it probably handles horribly.

0-60 for a car that is quite cheap compared to other cars with the same acceleration is very good

it is limited at 155mph (250 kph) like every other roadable cars, but there is still a way to bypass the limiter (since it is electronic). I would not be surprised if it reached 185, with a 6 speed manual gearbox, because of its 500hp and 661Nm of torque Which is enough, isn't it ?

The only problem about the handling is the weight, around a bit less than 2 tons. The tires are quite large, so putting the power down seems not to be an issue. Without limiter, less weight, and ESP disconnected, meaning GT3 prepared, it can be a really astonishing car.

For track purposes, on wide tracks, with long straights. Otherwise, the NSX would kill it Or simply a lamborghini AWD because it can put its power easier in exits. But yet, it is a car that should not be disregarded.
Actually I have seen video of a GT-500 with an Elise on a semi-twisty road. The GT was in front of the Elise but the Lotus still held strong. Only reason the Elise won is because the driver of the mustang spun it. Otherwise the mustang would have won with the Elise right behind it.
Probably because there was no overtaking space left, but link to this video would be nice anyway.
#56 - Jakg
So on a twisty road the Mustang kept up with an Elise... Until it crashed.

Therefor Mustang > Elise?

WTF?
What kind of Elise does this?
Quote from CasseBent :Probably because there was no overtaking space left, but link to this video would be nice anyway.

He's probably talking about this one;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW59VTI_DTw

But it's not between a GT-500 and an Elise, it's between an exige S and a Roush Mustang. And it's from a video made by Jeremy ClarksonUhmm
So the exige DIDN'T just win because the mustang went off, the Lotus had already overtaken it. If that is indeed the video, I rest my sodding case.
Quote from Zen321 :We have those already (the XRR, FZR and FXR are road tuners if you put other tires on them

I am making a movie with XRR and FZR with road tires at the moment (and a 200 bhp boost), and trust me... they so AREN'T TUNER CARS... those are straight up hypercars like Ascari a10 or Gumpert Apollo... those things produce actual downforce and are very different to a 500+ bhp tuner (like XRT with bigger tires and tweaked engine)

Why no supercars?
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG