The online racing simulator
Why no supercars?
(60 posts, started )
The XJ220 would be an excellent car to have in LFS. Throw in an Maserati MC12 to compete with it, and we're set.
Quote from wheel4hummer :The XJ220 would be an excellent car to have in LFS. Throw in an Maserati MC12 to compete with it, and we're set.

I dont know about that one. The XJ220 is fast but I think the MC12 would just blow it away without a problem. Although the Carrera would be a good car to compete with it. How about the new supercar from right here in my home country. The SSC Ultimate Aero is currently the fastest car in the world and looks alot more track worthy then the Veyron. Although I could be wrong.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Licence issues Sir.

Sir, it is possible to make cars with similar specs and bits but make it look different enough to avoid any lisence issues. Naturally the list was meant to be a list about what kind of cars to have instead of having a car that is exactly like a F40 or so.

---
Anyways, I'd guess that the best car for close racing is UF1. But it's pretty useless for any other type of racing
i would like a fictional car. one that looks a bit like the DB9
Another idea might to be have highly tuned road cars instead of "real" super cars. Like an RX-7, supra or S15 with high tuned engines and a tad grippier road tires should provide lots of fun factor. The cars would be lighter and more capable than most of the flashy supercars. Hell, give the user an opion to schoose from couple of bodykits and the drifters would finally have a superb car as well
Yeah that is an excellent idea as well. It could even possibly be a completely different thing as well. Variety is a good thing I think so we should have alot of variety. Road cars, tuners, GTR, supercars, rally cars, trucks, F1, and possibly even concepts would be cool to have. And the tuner cars would be great for drifting and racing.
Quote from f4sttr@ck :Yeah that is an excellent idea as well. It could even possibly be a completely different thing as well. Variety is a good thing I think so we should have alot of variety. Road cars, tuners, GTR, supercars, rally cars, trucks, F1, and possibly even concepts would be cool to have. And the tuner cars would be great for drifting and racing.

Yes, why not have racing lawnmoyers like they have in UK and in the USA...

Variety is a good thing, but I am not sure that having a too eclectic choice of cars would help.

Quote from f4sttr@ck :Road cars, tuners, GTR, F1, possibly even concepts

We have those already (the XRR, FZR and FXR are road tuners if you put other tires on them, and the XRR and FZR and kinda the highest tuning here, since they managed to pull 2 times more power than the stock version, without any significant upgrade of the engine block (bigger turbo mainly))
The RAC is a concept car.

Quote from f4sttr@ck :rally cars

You are right we need those. Some 300hp, light and AWD versions of the road cars can't be bad (at least allow the hybrids/knobbleys on the baby-GTR and the GTR cars would be a great addition). We also need rally tracks with those... Sprint cars are something one should not let aside as well.

Quote from f4sttr@ck :supercars, trucks

Pardon my scepticism here, but I won't see the point of having trucks in LFS. It might be fun, but it won't, in my opinion, improve the quality of the game itself. Supercars MIGHT be a good addition, since it could also create a new GT class (GT3 or GT, can't remember which GT is the one where only a lil bit of upgrades is allowed to the car, I think it is GT3). Otherwise, it would be pointless, except maybe for cruising...
I'd love to see AC Cobra or maybe TVR Tuscan racing series in LFS
Whats wrong with trucks? Wouldnt the Ram SRT-10 be fun to drive with the 510bhp viper V10 engine. The new supercharged Toyota Tundra Will do 0-60 in 4 seconds. Sprint cars is a great idea although I dont think we need them at this particular moment. GoKarts would be fun as well.
Quote from LFSn00b :I would like to see a Bugatti EB110 on LFS. I think it would look badass and wouldn't look out of place with other cars as it's from 90's and the other cars are from 80-90's.

Thats becaus of enthusia isnt it?
Quote from f4sttr@ck :Whats wrong with trucks? Wouldnt the Ram SRT-10 be fun to drive with the 510bhp viper V10 engine. The new supercharged Toyota Tundra Will do 0-60 in 4 seconds. Sprint cars is a great idea although I dont think we need them at this particular moment. GoKarts would be fun as well.

Yes, we all know the key to a great handling car is a live rear axle and/or leaf springs.

Please, keep the American dream out of a European game. There's more to live than CC's and superchargers.
Well, as long as there is a well sorted chassis, sure
corvette ZR1 is nice
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Yes, we all know the key to a great handling car is a live rear axle and/or leaf springs.

Please, keep the American dream out of a European game. There's more to live than CC's and superchargers.

Excuse me? cc's... Don't you mean ci's? I think there's already too many fwd and sub 8 cylinder cars, like many here. Get better tire physics and some 8+ cylinder rwd vehicles and that would bring a few people back from the other games out there! As for me, I think superchargers would be a great addition. Just my $.02 worth though...
Quote from jrs_4500 :Excuse me? cc's... Don't you mean ci's? I think there's already too many fwd and sub 8 cylinder cars, like many here. Get better tire physics and some 8+ cylinder rwd vehicles and that would bring a few people back from the other games out there! As for me, I think superchargers would be a great addition. Just my $.02 worth though...

cc means cubic centimers ci were a useless invention, and it is much more useful to convert cc in liters (it makes more sense as well since 1L = 1000cc or 1cd and since 1kilo of water = 1L, it is easy to convert between volume, mass, etc) <-- that was my 0.01€ troll

I would love to see a supercharger in LFS, see how it handles

However, if trucks are "fun" to drive, they would be less fun for racing. I have never seen a track race with ram SRT-10, and these kind of trucks would be too big for the LFS tracks. They might be interesting for long endurance rallies like the Paris-dakar, but since it is too big to model France and northern Africa, I am afraid that they won't show up in LFS really soon...
I think a truck would be a blast to race. And they really aren't that big and would handle just fine around a race track. As for keeping the "American dream" out of a euro game, whats wrong with American cars? I'm sure your simply following everyone else saying they cant turn because everyone likes to compare 70's Cadillac's to 05 Impreza's and Evo's. May I remind you that the Viper holds fastest lap around the ring, the ZR1 made a time of 7.26 with runflat tires and someone who is not a proffesional race driver.

Oh yeah, and the boys on top gear, who never give an accurate reveiw on American cars because they are so biased, loved the Caddilac CTS-V and the Dodge Challenger. Also loved the Shelby GT-500 and will most likely love the 2010 Camaro thats coming out next year.
Quote from jrs_4500 :Excuse me? cc's... Don't you mean ci's? I think there's already too many fwd and sub 8 cylinder cars, like many here. Get better tire physics and some 8+ cylinder rwd vehicles and that would bring a few people back from the other games out there! As for me, I think superchargers would be a great addition. Just my $.02 worth though...

Again, an American want's American cars.

No thanks!

CC was meaning cubic centimeters by the way, we are normal people are refer to the size of a cars engine in a modern way using Liters

That means that my 4.5L V8 in my Lexus is a 1 Gallon engine! :woohoo:

Quote from f4sttr@ck :Also loved the Shelby GT-500

Wrong, Hammond said it failed. And he actually likes Muscle cars. The old one is fine because you don't use it like the current GT-500 is advertised.

Quote :....the ZR1 made a time of 7.26 with runflat tires and someone who is not a proffesional race driver

Runflat tyres have stiffer sidewalls only, and therefore should not bring any negative impacts apart from ride quality.

Also :
Quote :Mero has been with GM for 14 years; while he is obviously very quick in a car, his racing experience has been confined to amateur open-wheel and NASCAR late-model circle track competition.

He's also the GM engineer and test driver, so puh-leese.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Again, an American want's American cars.

No thanks!

CC was meaning cubic centimeters by the way, we are normal people are refer to the size of a cars engine in a modern way using Liters

That means that my 4.5L V8 in my Lexus is a 1 Gallon engine! :woohoo:

Wrong, Hammond said it failed. And he actually likes Muscle cars. The old one is fine because you don't use it like the current GT-500 is advertised.

Runflat tyres have stiffer sidewalls only, and therefore should not bring any negative impacts apart from ride quality.

Also :

He's also the GM engineer and test driver, so puh-leese.

cc means cubic centimers ci were a useless invention, and it is much more useful to convert cc in liters (it makes more sense as well since 1L = 1000cc or 1cd and since 1kilo of water = 1L, it is easy to convert between volume, mass, etc) <-- that was my 0.01€ troll

Well I've got a lot to answer for. I know what cc's are, it was a joke because us Americans are the only ones that use(d) ci's. What's wrong with me wanting American cars? I like foreign sports cars, but I'll admit I'm biased towards muscle. Would you have gotten angry if I was an italian wanting Ferraris? No. Because you're biased. Put any japanese car (excepting the new GTR! I like that and one or 2 others) against american V8 and it's not even a race. I know that japanese rice is what you want if you hate rwd vehicles like you apparently do... If I'm wrong then go ahead and correct me. (unless it's more 'I hate cars with over 4 cylinders crap') If there's factual information that shows fwd rice is better then go ahead. I'll listen but my opinion won't.
Quote from jrs_4500 :cc means cubic centimers ci were a useless invention, and it is much more useful to convert cc in liters (it makes more sense as well since 1L = 1000cc or 1cd and since 1kilo of water = 1L, it is easy to convert between volume, mass, etc) <-- that was my 0.01€ troll

Well I've got a lot to answer for. I know what cc's are, it was a joke because us Americans are the only ones that use(d) ci's. What's wrong with me wanting American cars? I like foreign sports cars, but I'll admit I'm biased towards muscle. Would you have gotten angry if I was an italian wanting Ferraris? No. Because you're biased. Put any japanese car (excepting the new GTR! I like that and one or 2 others) against american V8 and it's not even a race. I know that japanese rice is what you want if you hate rwd vehicles like you apparently do... If I'm wrong then go ahead and correct me. (unless it's more 'I hate cars with over 4 cylinders crap') If there's factual information that shows fwd rice is better then go ahead. I'll listen but my opinion won't.

Hehe it was a bad troll for the cc, because it's just that I'm in Seattle for a year since september and I since don't understand a thing about your measurement system ci are better for you because you are used to them

I agree with the fact that we have two many quadripede engines (I4), and for people who say that american cars are worthless in 'european style' races, I would suggest they take some lessons about the results of the Ford GT-40 in the Le Mans races back in the 60's (4 consecutive victories : from 1966 to 1969).

I am not sure if an american car would instantly win against a japanese car. Let's have for example the new GT-500 against an NSX...

@ f4sttr@ck : you can't really compare a Viper SRT or a ZR1 to a Toyota Tacoma or a Ford F150 I won't dare to explain why, because I hope you can tell the difference, don't you ?
American cars were really awesome back in the 60's-70's, before they realized that a big engine and a blower was not fuel efficient, which was the time they stopped the muscles and started developping cow cars (big, slow, very squarish in design). After came the SUV craze, and I personally can't find a performance oriented SUV that would be interesting to race, produced in the US (let's say, racing with a 6k pounds V8 SUC isn't that a blast...). Maybe the Cayenne S Gemballa would be more appropriate
I have yet to compare a viper or ZR1 to a Tacoma or F-150. Actually, I haven't said anything about an F-150 come to think of it. So where you find that comparison I do not know but its not in any of my posts. The 60's and 70's muscle cars are amazing vehicles. Big, beautiful machines that just scream speed. Although those are the cars that Can't turn. Amazing strait line performance, but useless on a road track when stock. Put slicks on them and they grip as well as any car.

The big giant boats of cars, I will never understand... Slow, handle horribly, far from fuel efficient, really no point whatsoever to those.

SUV's should be used as SUV's. To many ppl use them as daily drivers around town and not for anything else. Another thing I dont understand and a complete waste of fuel. Chevy does make an SUV that is race worthy though. The Chevy Trail Blazer SS has a V8 engine and does 0-60 in about 5 seconds. Very fast truck and would be great on the track.

And not every Japanese car will beat an American car, and not every American car will beat a Japanese car. The ZR1 will beat the NSX, The NSX will beat the GT-500, the GT-500 will beat the civic, and so on.
Quote from f4sttr@ck :I have yet to compare a viper or ZR1 to a Tacoma or F-150. Actually, I haven't said anything about an F-150 come to think of it. So where you find that comparison I do not know but its not in any of my posts. The 60's and 70's muscle cars are amazing vehicles. Big, beautiful machines that just scream speed. Although those are the cars that Can't turn. Amazing strait line performance, but useless on a road track when stock. Put slicks on them and they grip as well as any car.

The big giant boats of cars, I will never understand... Slow, handle horribly, far from fuel efficient, really no point whatsoever to those.

SUV's should be used as SUV's. To many ppl use them as daily drivers around town and not for anything else. Another thing I dont understand and a complete waste of fuel. Chevy does make an SUV that is race worthy though. The Chevy Trail Blazer SS has a V8 engine and does 0-60 in about 5 seconds. Very fast truck and would be great on the track.

And not every Japanese car will beat an American car, and not every American car will beat a Japanese car. The ZR1 will beat the NSX, The NSX will beat the GT-500, the GT-500 will beat the civic, and so on.

Quote- I am not sure if an american car would instantly win against a japanese car. Let's have for example the new GT-500 against an NSX...
---------------------------------------------------------------------

GT500 vs NSX and NSX wins? Are they actually that fast? Idk much about them other than they have about 300 hp and are light.
Quote from jrs_4500 :cc Means Cubic Centimers Ci Were A Useless Invention, And It Is Much More Useful To Convert Cc In Liters (it Makes More Sense As Well Since 1l = 1000cc Or 1cd And Since 1kilo Of Water = 1l, It Is Easy To Convert Between Volume, Mass, Etc) <-- That Was My 0.01€ Troll

Well I've Got A Lot To Answer For. :d I Know What Cc's Are, It Was A Joke Because Us Americans Are The Only Ones That Use(d) Ci's. What's Wrong With Me Wanting American Cars? I Like Foreign Sports Cars, But I'll Admit I'm Biased Towards Muscle. Would You Have Gotten Angry If I Was An Italian Wanting Ferraris? No. Because You're Biased. Put Any Japanese Car (excepting The New Gtr! I Like That And One Or 2 Others) Against American V8 And It's Not Even A Race. I Know That Japanese Rice Is What You Want If You Hate Rwd Vehicles Like You Apparently Do... If I'm Wrong Then Go Ahead And Correct Me. (unless It's More 'i Hate Cars With Over 4 Cylinders Crap') If There's Factual Information That Shows Fwd Rice Is Better Then Go Ahead. I'll Listen But My Opinion Won't.

BLAHBLAHBLAH

Boo.!
Honestly I dont know much about the NSX either, It would most likely be close race. I know the GT-500 can beat the Elise. So can the Elise beat the NSX? If it can then we have our winner.
Quote from f4sttr@ck :Honestly I dont know much about the NSX either, It would most likely be close race. I know the GT-500 can beat the Elise. So can the Elise beat the NSX? If it can then we have our winner.

Well, every car gas it field of performances. The GT-500 would not beat the Elise on a narrow, twisty track, like hillclimb trials, or asphalt mountain rallies. The Honda/Acura NSX was Japan's 90's RWD track queen, built for speed around the track, handling abilities, etc.

So there's no absolute winner in each class, truly. Even the Bugatti Veyron, which is a monster car, would be kicked by an Amemiya RX-7 on the Nurburgring. However, no match for it on an oval track. Each sports car has its pluses and minuses, and while the GT-500 is a very good car in terms of acceleration/top speed, I fear that it's bulkyness and heavy weight would make it a serious competitor on a short track. It's as if you took a RAC (supped up Elise) versus a supped up FZ5.

Why no supercars?
(60 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG