The online racing simulator
LFS needs to be fixed.
(44 posts, started )
Quote from EightSix86 :

the camera on the outside view of the car, now follows the rear of the ar which is extreamly fusterating, and the handling of the cars when trying to eaither drift or race was......lets just say very diffrent and just not any fun.

Does "Options > View > Fixed to forward axis" sound like a solution? ^^
#27 - VoiD
Why does lfs need to be fixed? It never broke in the first place.
yes it did, my xrt has a check engine light...
Well that means the engine is too overworked and needs a replacement, otherwise, scrap it XD
My LFS is better then ever. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
#32 - Dac
its what you make of it i guess. you could turn driving a real car into a game if you were so inclined.
We drive , we race , we crash.

We have a car minus 40% of remaining parts to sell later. EBay enyone?

Simulation FTW. Game ... Sega Rush?
The irony is that the major things that is 'broken' in LFS, is that cars aren't broken correctly.

Isn't there a bit too little grip, though?
Tires need improvement. They don't act like real tires. They don't last as long as real tires when you are doing stupid stuff. At the start of a race all you do is floor it and let the wheels spin and you get a perfect start. Try that in real life and you will probably have another car into the back of you (or front if you really screw it up).
Hmm, what else needs to be fixed... Weather needs to be ADDED but adding something is not fixing it... AHA! Barriers! They need fixing!
I kind of agree with the tires part. For most cars, I could get a faster straight-line start by flooring it rather than controlling the throttle to prevent excessive wheelspin. On the RAC and LX6, I timed myself many times seeing if I can find the fastest 0-100kmh/0-60mph time (using the insim system and the trusty stopwatch). Seems like excessive wheelspin is faster...
Hmmm, first thing that pops up when you enter the LFS website :

Quote :LFS S2 is a serious racing simulator. No arcade modes, no steering aids - YOU have to do the driving.

Sure its a game but a sim game. We all like to see something we miss in LFS. The fact is the devs make up what there changing, and when it changed it always has been beter ther the patch before it
Quote from skstibi :Tires need improvement. They don't act like real tires.

Regarding full throttle starts, they are not necessarily fastest. If you've ever tried drag racing the BF1, you'll know that TC (set correctly) will always be faster than TC turned off. Too much wheelspin does reduce the force the tyre produce. The effect may not be pronounced enough, however, but without seeing slip vs force curves we can only guess.
Huh? Of course we know how the LFS longitudinal grip curve looks like:

The actual drop-off might be even flatter as the load spike from sudden acceleration is not removed. The line should *probably* be going slowly but constantly down after the initial dropoff, instead of levelling out and providing constant grip no matter how much the rubber slips. The only question is from where this comes - if it is a inherent property of the rubber itself or a side effect of heating or whatever.
Like I can remember all the tyre graphs you have ever made? Although I would expect the graph to be subtly different depending on dimensions.

Here's the same curve (4 infact) from the tyres that I'm working with, although the image is small and has no number to the scale (sorry), the drop off is much more than the 15% drop that the LFS tyre exhibits. 30 to 40% infact. The basic shape of the curve comes from the example numbers from Pacejka's Tyre and Vehicle Dynamics book. The light blue line shows the original curve, the other colours show the effect of the velocity dependence that modifies the curve.
#41 - SamH
Here? Where here? Link or it never happened, Bob!
bla bla blu blip blop blipski mipski !! All this talk for what ?? Don´t you guys have something else better to do, like play LFS ? And why hasnt he replied with his "S2 Account" ?
:doh: Added link

I even had it open in another tab ready to copy and paste. :|

LFS needs to be fixed.
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG