The online racing simulator
LFS needs to be fixed.
(44 posts, started )
LFS needs to be fixed.
To the LFS Team.

I used to be addicted to live for speed, played for almost 2 years in demo, S1 and S2, until up to the end of patch V.

When the XRT was replaced in demo alot of friends and S2 players i know that played on demo for a fun time stopped playing, and it was awesome to drift and do speed runs of it, you could do it a million times and never get bored.

and today after almost 3 years of not playing at all, and all the people i knew that played have stopped. i got a few of us together and went back on S2 online, after all of 30mins we were all bored.

the camera on the outside view of the car, now follows the rear of the ar which is extreamly fusterating, and the handling of the cars when trying to eaither drift or race was......lets just say very diffrent and just not any fun.

in the end, i just wish that lfs was still like version v, all the people ive talked to have said that they would get back into it, or go buy full version if it was still like V, and there where LFS Public hosted servers for diffrent countrys, thats all ive got to say, please feel free to reply with what you think.

EightSix
How the heck you got online in S2 with demo license?
Maybe he meant demo in LFS S1 and S2 instead of demo, s1 and s2 in LFS S2
Things have changed yes. But for the better, to make the simulator(not a game remember) more realistic.

Also i think you can change the follow view so it isnt @ a fixed point- but i could be wrong
This isnt my s2 account
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Maybe he meant demo in LFS S1 and S2 instead of demo, s1 and s2 in LFS S2

This is my demo account i also have s2 account
I call.
You should post with you S2 account really to prevent possible flaming.
its just that
i know its ment to be a racing simulator, buts its still a computer game, its still ment to be fun, and with the way lfs atm i think its lost alot of interest, possible a race and drift spec of the game to appeal to which people perfer.

i just finshed a group msn convo of 5 old school LFS players, we all just agreed that the "improvments" are good graphics wise and such, but the way the cars feel just doesnt make it fun anymore, and you get over the game a hole lot quicker, the old days of chatting with people and twining together, or even racing just isnt like it used to be.

thanks
#10 - SamH
Quote from EightSix86 :i know its ment to be a racing simulator, buts its still a computer game, its still ment to be fun, and with the way lfs atm i think its lost alot of interest, possible a race and drift spec of the game to appeal to which people perfer.

i just finshed a group msn convo of 5 old school LFS players, we all just agreed that the "improvments" are good graphics wise and such, but the way the cars feel just doesnt make it fun anymore, and you get over the game a hole lot quicker, the old days of chatting with people and twining together, or even racing just isnt like it used to be.

thanks

I'll see your 5 old school LFS players on MSN and raise you 30 active LFS players who aren't on MSN because they're too busy playing LFS on my server.
Quote from mongoosetierney :... the simulator(not a game remember) ....

yeah... don't call it game. do it like me: I've got three subfolders on my system - "programme", "games" and "simulators". in "simulators" there's only one more subfolder called "lfs".

Someone please tell me why LFS isn't a game. Maybe this someone has to bring up the definitions of "game", "simulator" and "simulation" too.

Sorry, I know it's a bit spammy... I'm willing to open a thread in the "general discussion" forum if someone else is willing to tell why LFS isn't a game.
#12 - SamH
It is a game. It's also a simulator. The two are not mutually exclusive and LFS can be both.
Quote from Bandit77 :
Someone please tell me why LFS isn't a game. Maybe this someone has to bring up the definitions of "game", "simulator" and "simulation" too.

Quote :Games versus Simulations

The distinction between objective representation and subjective representation is made clear by a consideration of the differences between simulations and games. A simulation is a serious attempt to accurately represent a real phenomenon in another, more malleable form. A game is an artistically simplified representation of a phenomenon. The simulations designer simplifies reluctantly and only as a concession to material and intellectual limitations. The game designer simplifies deliberately in order to focus the player's attention on those factors the designer judges to be important. The fundamental difference between the two lies in their purposes. A simulation is created for computational or evaluative purposes; a game is created for educational or entertainment purposes.(There is a middle ground where training simulations blend into educational games.)

http://www.vancouver.wsu.edu/f ... pter1.html#REPRESENTATION

Quote from SamH :It is a game. It's also a simulator. The two are not mutually exclusive and LFS can be both.

What I'd say.

Quote from NotAnIllusion :A simulation is created for computational or evaluative purposes; a game is created for educational or entertainment purposes.(There is a middle ground where training simulations blend into educational games.)

I also like this one. Cool link, by the way.

... and if LFS wasn't entertaining, I wouldn't play it.
Quote from Bandit77 :What I'd say.

I also like this one. Cool link, by the way.

... and if LFS wasn't entertaining, I wouldn't play it.

If you didn't like racing or cars, then you would not play LFS. That's why a lot of gamers don't play it while they play NFS
#16 - JJ72
Quote from EightSix86 :i know its ment to be a racing simulator, buts its still a computer game, its still ment to be fun, and with the way lfs atm i think its lost alot of interest, possible a race and drift spec of the game to appeal to which people perfer.

thanks

so you have what......opinion of 5 people?
Guess what. You can drive your car now instead of flying over the road and getting sideways all the time.

I know these old S1E-F-G-H times, cars didnt have any grip at all back then.
I want to hit this guy so badly... Can I?

Who is that guy to come post crap in here, this is meant to be a racing simulator, not drifting. And no, i'm not going to start a war in here, just don't come in here with your crap that drifting is not fun anymore because of the updates, you can always do racing? If you are not interested in racing, and don't like drifting in lfs anymore, quit the game, or play in older versions.

Go crack some other game.

also, wth does it matter if you don't have XRT in demo? You had S2 didn't you?
I'd also like to point out that he's complaining about the external chase camera view not working like normal games (although I've never noticed).

That can be overcome by using a custom view, but since it's a simulator you really should be using a cockpit view anyway.

And yes, no licensed user would be complaining that the demo got changed since they still have access to everything. If he posts with his S2 username I will eat my words. And this piece of plastic I found on my desk.
#20 - Nobo
Quote from Dajmin :I'd also like to point out that he's complaining about the external chase camera view not working like normal games (although I've never noticed).

You can set the chase view so its still the same as before.

I wont post how, untill he posts with his s2 account
#21 - Jakg
Basically the jist of his post is that the physics aren't "fun" anymore and they should go back to being how theyused to be (aka worse and less realistic).
Quote from Nobo :You can set the chase view so its still the same as before.

I wont post how, untill he posts with his s2 account

Well its fixed to forward axis (NO) in OPTIONS>>VIEW menu when in chase view to fix it.

I PM'ed him the solution 3 days ago so your efforts are in vain.

dajmin : he's stuck on Fix forward axis = yes in chase view. Custom view will just give him fix forward axis as well.
Quote from EightSix86 :To the LFS Team.

I used to be addicted to live for speed, played for almost 2 years in demo, S1 and S2, until up to the end of patch V.

When the XRT was replaced in demo alot of friends and S2 players i know that played on demo for a fun time stopped playing, and it was awesome to drift and do speed runs of it, you could do it a million times and never get bored.

and today after almost 3 years of not playing at all, and all the people i knew that played have stopped. i got a few of us together and went back on S2 online, after all of 30mins we were all bored.

the camera on the outside view of the car, now follows the rear of the ar which is extreamly fusterating, and the handling of the cars when trying to eaither drift or race was......lets just say very diffrent and just not any fun.

in the end, i just wish that lfs was still like version v, all the people ive talked to have said that they would get back into it, or go buy full version if it was still like V, and there where LFS Public hosted servers for diffrent countrys, thats all ive got to say, please feel free to reply with what you think.

EightSix

Solution to your problems:

Buy S2 (After all, if you wanted the XRT that much you'd buy S2 so you could use it, no? What difference is getting S2 as to whether you had the XRT in demo or not? :really
Use cockpit view like the majority of people.
i thought i would start with spome attitude ajustments youir people need, they incluide but are not limited to

he doesn't need a s2 licence to post, it means jack **** if he posts with or without one.

LFS is the happy medium between sim and game, get over it.

if they dident want you to use external view, WHY WAS IT ADDED?

Finaly get over yourselfs, drifting, racing, etc all involve cars PERIOD.
Ooh, internet tough guy. /cower

LFS needs to be fixed.
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG