The online racing simulator
Diesel car
(208 posts, started )
Quote from Zen321 :About the transfer from calorifical energy. Yes, burning a liters of fuel produces a lot of energy through the form of heat. However, it is not the heat that powers (well indirectly it does) the cars. It is the expansion of thoses gases, which then is transformed into longitudinal force (pistons), which is then changed into rotational force (crankshaft). To the heat is not really used here (even if the heat is the cause of the expansion of gases in the cylinder).

Maybe to improve efficieny should we add a water tank around the exhaust catalyst, so that the heat will make the water boil. This would be, of course, coupled to a steam engine located in the back of the car, which would be linked to the transmission, so that we have extra efficiency ?

someone was do this---the six stroke engine & the Internal combustion steam engine in japan
Quote from scania :someone was do this---the six stroke engine & the Internal combustion steam engine in japan

Damn, I thought I would have been the next invetor of the century
Concerning the six-stroke engine, the Beare Head one (there are a lot of six stroke engines) seems to be very interesting. Too bad we can't find more information on the web

However, I truly beleive that the next step in motor evolution is the Quasiturbine.
Quote from mitza4rally :Sorry, but this is the stupidest idea I`v ever heard, THIS IS RACING wats the point of racing if U can`t hear the engine scriming at 8.000 rpm and then U hit the rev limiter dive 4 the next gear and........... ppl pls stop this Diesel racing idea, is rubbish.

Pls don`t ban me 4 this.

it's not stupid look at these 2 cars
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp- ... 8hdifap_valencia_2007.jpg
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp- ... /audi_r10_lemans_2007.jpg
they fight for the le mans win and they are both diesel and the seat touring cars in the wtcc and btcc wich are winning races regularly are TDI
also the diesel cars are a lot quiker out of the corners. the power you get from a good diesel engine is relentless and theres allways the fule econamey. personally i think we should have a diesel lmp1 car in lfs
and when it comes to noise the lmps are very close to being silent but the volvo 5 cylinder turbo diesel makes a wounderfull noise
Quote from Alistair :it's not stupid look at these 2 cars
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp- ... 8hdifap_valencia_2007.jpg
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp- ... /audi_r10_lemans_2007.jpg
they fight for the le mans win and they are both diesel and the seat touring cars in the wtcc and btcc wich are winning races regularly are TDI
also the diesel cars are a lot quiker out of the corners. the power you get from a good diesel engine is relentless and theres allways the fule econamey. personally i think we should have a diesel lmp1 car in lfs
and when it comes to noise the lmps are very close to being silent but the volvo 5 cylinder turbo diesel makes a wounderfull noise

Diesels cars are only competitive, because they are allowed to have much higher turbo pressures. The famous torgue of a diesel, is just because diesels always are fitted with an turbo and petrol engines usually not. Get a standaard 2000cc petrol engine with a good (not high pressure) turbo and it will blow away any 2 liter diesel engine. Espacially in torgue in low-rev range! Al the way up to where an diesel engine would blow-up. And don' t get confused by that the diesel might have at some rev a high peak in torgue, that says nothing.

If you compare high performance turbocharged 2 liter petrol engines to high performance 2 liter diesels, the diesel can only match the torgue but will have only about 55% of the HP output of the petrol engine. So overal, the petrol is in other class of performance. Ofcourse, this will also be true for fuel usage

So what is the use for lfs to have a diesel in it? I think none! I think it is just a question/wish to have more turbocharged cars in lfs.

The volvo 5 cylinders(with ford-added downgrades), nice engines (diesel and petrol) but outdated
Quote from Bluebird B B :Diesels cars are only competitive, because they are allowed to have much higher turbo pressures. The famous torgue of a diesel, is just because diesels always are fitted with an turbo and petrol engines usually not.

No it isn't. The reason diesel engines have more torque at lower RPMs is because they require higher compression, so the stroke is longer.
^ good job.
Diesel cars will be good for tracks that invole alot of corners (because of torque) and endurance races (because of fuel.) I don't think its useful for me in LFS, so -1.
Quote from Zen321 :About the transfer from calorifical energy. Yes, burning a liters of fuel produces a lot of energy through the form of heat. However, it is not the heat that powers (well indirectly it does) the cars. It is the expansion of thoses gases, which then is transformed into longitudinal force (pistons), which is then changed into rotational force (crankshaft). To the heat is not really used here (even if the heat is the cause of the expansion of gases in the cylinder).

Maybe to improve efficieny should we add a water tank around the exhaust catalyst, so that the heat will make the water boil. This would be, of course, coupled to a steam engine located in the back of the car, which would be linked to the transmission, so that we have extra efficiency ?

i thought of that a few years ago, then i was sitting in a waiting room 2 years ago and reading a magazine for recent BMW buyers, where they were actually talking about doing this soon! however it only becomes possible due to new materials which weigh less than the old-fashioned steam engines, otherwise the saved energy would be at the expense of increased weight to move around.

is the VW scirocco in LFS diesel? website says:
Neues Dieselkraftpaket für den Scirocco

Für den Scirocco ist ein neuer Dieselmotor erhältlich. Dabei besticht der neue Vierzylinder-Common-Rail-TDI mit hoher Leistung 103 kW (140 PS), geringem Verbrauch und niedrigen Emissionen (Kraftstoffverbrauch: 5,1 – 5,5 l/100km, CO2-Emission: 134 -145 g/km)*, wahlweise auch mit einem 6-Gang- Doppelkupplungsgetriebe DSG. Dieses Dieseltriebwerk erreicht bereits jetzt die ab 2009 in Kraft tretende Euro 5 Abgasnorm.

Diesel car
(208 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG