The online racing simulator
DEDI Z2 - hacker protection
(16 posts, started )
Hello hosts.

Following the recent test of a hacker protection system, protecting against guests who join with no user name or user ID, we have decided to release an updated (but fully compatible) dedicated host : Z2.

The test version simply appeared as Z in the list so a hacker could not tell if he was joining a host with the protection added. The protection system has proved to work well.

But we are still getting reports of hacked guests because most hosts are not using the test version so we have decided to make Z2 more public.

Here is the link to the updated Z2 dedicated host. When some of you have tried it and all seems fine we'll change the link on the main LFS site.

www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_S2_DEDI_Z2.zip (1.6 MB)

NOTE : You only need to replace the exe file.
Nice Work!
e: w00t first post
no problems so far. cheers scawen.
Thx.
In host list, it shows version as Z2 :/
Quote from Shadowww :In host list, it shows version as Z2 :/

That's intentional. Read Scawen's post again.
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis : d'oh Got it :)
Hmm not bad at all. I could use Z2 but first have to get 24/7 server
I've upgraded three servers (LOTA League Server 1, LOTA League Server 2, and www.CoRe-Racing.com), as well as started two new servers (LOTA Test Server 1 & LOTA Test Server 2) and I am getting mixed results with how they are listed in LFS World.

The LOTA League Server 1, and LOTA Test Server 1 & LOTA Test Server 2 are all showing as S1 in LFS World, while the rest are showing as S1. I've gone to the trouble of copying the entire config file from one of the servers that shows as S2 (and of course made the appropriate changes), yet those three still show as S1. All are connected to the relay and all act as if you can connect via S2.
I think S1 just means that S1 racers can connect.

So it will be listed as S1 if an S1 track is loaded and only S1 cars are allowed.

If that's not the case then let me know, and I'll ask Victor.
That's consistent with what I'm seeing. So basically LFS World lists the server with the lowest available license that you need to connect. Ok, that makes sense!

Thanks Scawen for the info!
Dedi Z2
Good afternoon,

Sorry to ask, this patch is only for servers or the pilots should also lower the patch

Att,

Pjuniorbra
This is a host only patch.
Hosts
Yes.
I've upgraded all of my 7 servers last night and didn't find a problem so far.
those dumb hackers good thing you fixed it

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG