The online racing simulator
Quote from tristancliffe :Yes, that device will 'work' (if I understand your jibberish).

Are you sure? What guarantees that the water containers will stay horizontal? If both have the same weight they could be in either position, unless the bar works like a scale and has an inherent tendency to be horizontal. However that would mean that if you push one of the water containers down (which is what you'd do if you forcefully submerge the ball - the buoyant force will push the ball up but also the water down) some force will be generated at the water-bar mounting point that will make the umbrella fall. The whole apparatus, ignoring it's complete technical infeasibility, would only work if the water tanks were mounted on the ground, not on the umbrella itself.

E: Ah I see if they were connected they'd try to be horizontal by themselves.

Goddamn this whole idea is such a load of crap why am I even wasting time with this.
then could you plz link me to something similar?

it would depend on how similar the ideas is weather i build it or not

a pendulum-balance will always have the cog below the axle in which it is suspended, in fact till now i though imposible to have a balance that has the axle that holds it below the cog

edit:

the buckets of water will always remain horizontal, since its a balance

if you have two buckets of water in a balance and sink a float in one of the buckets it will still remain horizontal since both keep having the same water however much force you do( if you only touch the water and not the bucket)
In essence, this is the same thing. Just replace the body of the pondskater with that of an umbrella.
Attached images
schaatsrijder.preview.jpg
i knew it was lerts who created this thread just by reading the title.....

i am starting to really wonder what he is in real life
Quote from tristancliffe :In essence, this is the same thing. Just replace the body of the pondskater with that of an umbrella.

Yes, but the pondskater doesn't have the pond attached to himself, which makes a major difference in whether that works or not.
Can the buckets of water not be transported separately? Plonk them on the ground, connect them up (using dry-break connectors, natch!) and ta-da, a self-levelling base to sit the umbrella on.

You could even use the rainwater coming off the umbrella to fill the tanks in the first place!!

Doesn't stop it being a stupid idea though
#33 - JJ72
what on earth? lerts asking for OBJECTIVE OPINION?
now im confused if you have a levelled balnce with two buckets of water and sink a big float on one of the buckets will the balance lean?

on the one hand the weight is identical so it shouldnt but on the other hand the buoyancy force should have a reaction

am i not learning phisics?
Me thinks with my 2 pence That if its raining wont your balance fill up? or is there some sort of over spill? dude you also need to think of all sorts of pages of theroys to do with forces and need to write them out so that you can cancel it all out. This is pages of math and physics and the design you used is crap you need something like a mery go round. and still its pointless. or my magnet one lol anyway thats my 10 mins up hope it helps and post some pics up so we can see better to what you are thinking.... just this pic to show what i would do but i think its pointless
Attached images
Untitledftgf.jpg
Untitledfd.jpg
Quote from lerts :now im confused if you have a levelled balnce with two buckets of water and sink a big float on one of the buckets will the balance lean?

The level in one bucket will rise as you submerge the extra float, unlevelling the system.
Quote from lerts :on the one hand the weight is identical so it shouldnt but on the other hand the buoyancy force should have a reaction

Putting random words in a random order does not a sentence make.
Quote from lerts :am i not learning phisics?

The evidence, sir, would suggest not.
Lerts you are a GENIOUS!!!
Lerts I want to know.

What if it works. What if your ideas were correctly done and what if your umbrella stands?

Secondly, why a umbrella? why standing if I can just put it in my garden?

Kinda confused about it.
lerts seriously, u need to get laid
What's wrong with 'holding' it in your hands? or just let it fall on the ground and picking it up.
Quote from Bose321 :What's wrong with 'holding' it in your hands? or just let it fall on the ground and picking it up.

because lerts likes to find awkward ways of fixing a simple problem
seriously lerts - stop spending so much time inside and take a long, long walk
i spend the evening building the thing which kept me from smoking, hey may be i can turn this into a hobby

but it was very bad built so couldnt test it, ill think it farther before building it good thats also entertaining
Wtf It's better to buy some of those plane models and build them, paint them and hang them on your roof... Don't waste your money and time
oh come on hows gonna be better building plane or tank models, of those there are millions, this would be unique and would make a nice balance present if working

i love balnces i cant be the only one, they stand for justice dont you like justice
It was just an example but you can go and watch the cars passing on the street too.
#48 - VoiD
Simple solution: Get an umbrella and cut (saw of) the crook handle. Then spin it as a spinning top... problem solved

Edit: need some :alien2:skills.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG