The online racing simulator
The inferno car was pretty oblivious to cars exiting the pitlane during that race. Especially when the car exiting the pits is for position..
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Ray, i didn't drive into any oncoming traffic if you watch the replay, in real racing your always told to keep your foot on the brake if you spin, then the people coming towards you can aviod you without playing guessing games.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 :There was no need for me to be on the brakes i was already at a standstill, what was i supposed to do? start reversing back and then someone that actually takes notice of a yellow flag and does aviod me gets hit?

How about the first thing you do is stay on the brakes and stand still as you already mentioned by yourself so nobody needs to play your "guessing games". You coming up with another excuse everytime someone points out youre wrong dont make you look any better a slightest bit.

When I first time saw what was after the corner, you were in the middle and the inside was open. But you were accelerating towards me which came to me as total surprise. I dont personally hold any grudge, I understand some people are prone to make mistakes under pressure like you did. And the impact to you wasnt the reason why our car got so seriously damaged, it was the lagbomber who hit me in the rear after that. However you played your role in the whole incident. You got penalty, we had to do an extra stop, and we now know what to be expected when we see you next time on the track.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :There was no need for me to be on the brakes i was already at a standstill, what was i supposed to do? start reversing back and then someone that actually takes notice of a yellow flag and does aviod me gets hit?

If youd look more carefully, youd see when i anitially spun i was bang in the middle of the corner, so i tried moving to behind the apex hoping everyone would miss me but i was postitioned wrong, me moving forward didn't make the slightest bit of difference to the outcome, actually it helped because if i hadn't he would have hit me square on.

Lol, your hularious, the only reason I said you didn't brake was because you said you did, but actually, reversing would have been the best thing you could have done in this situation, giving people coming around the corner time to react, driving head on into them was the worst thing.

Btw, the same happend with 3id some laps later with Inferno, the 3id car was sat the wrong way in T1, but he didn't move, thus Petri was able to drive around him.
Sorry Ray if i didn't have the replay on hand before i posted back to you , i assumed i had the brakes on because i was stood still, then out of reaction i guess after the first hit i move forward a bit as anyone coming round the corner at speed wouldn't imo be able to go to the left of me, facing the wrong way was really out of my control, maybe if i was alien id be able to aviod it but im not Id like to ask you Petri (:shrug and Ray if you'd ever made a mistake in a race that ended up being unfortunate for someone else, im sure you have, id never been been put in that situation before, neither have i been in any big races at all really, so its all a learning curve for me, you need to realise not everyone has had the amount of time you have had to perfect your driving technique and that not everyone with my experience can keep themselves out of some sort of trouble during 2hours of driving.
@pearcy_2k7: Hey, you have 40000km more driven distance than Petri, still he's able to be a very fast and constant driver!

I'm not posting this 'cause I'm trying to be rude, but because I know you cannot answer me with that postcount
You don't have to be an "alien" to have common sense and common sense says don't drive backwords into on coming traffic.

Learning curve? I watched you drive at Aston North in the IGTC and to be quite honest you seem to have learned extremely well, you were doing the same times as your team mates Rudy and AMB which were under a second from the top pace, funny that.
Yes but not alot of that time was spent racing... and most on keyboard. Look at Rambojorgen or something's stats hes done less miles that most of the reall fast guys yet he can still keep up with the best of them at times, stats aren't everything, its more to do with how much effort you put into developing your driving witht the time you've had.

Ill hve a look at the replay but im more sure i moved forwards towards the apex after the first hit not backwards.

That AS7 race was only the second big event ive ever done, i can't really tell over the internetz if your taking the piss or not, so yes it is a learning curve for me, i get faster and more consistant every day. Rudy was actually only a tenth behind your time iirc and you held the WR I dread to think what you'd be like if you got behind the wheel of a real car and someone hits you. and get this, you even have to pay for the repairs! How shit is that? So yeah you lost a few places because of it but Petri is still alive and yipee you don't have to pay shit because its just a load of pixels on a screen in your bedroom.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :, you need to realise not everyone has had the amount of time you have had to perfect your driving technique and that not everyone with my experience can keep themselves out of some sort of trouble during 2hours of driving.

Quote from pearcy_2k7 : Look at Rambojorgen or something's stats hes done less miles that most of the reall fast guys yet he can still keep up with the best of them at times, stats aren't everything, its more to do with how much effort you put into developing your driving witht the time you've had.

Lol? So what your saying is you put more effort into the IGTC than you did in the MoE?

I'm really curious btw, how you can drive a GT1 car to fast and consitently, then in the far easier GT2 car you can't even get it out of the pits without hitting the wall?
Quote from Bawbag :Lol? So what your saying is you put more effort into the IGTC than you did in the MoE?

I'm really curious btw, how you can drive a GT1 car to fast and consitently, then in the far easier GT2 car you can't even get it out of the pits without hitting the wall?

No i actually put 0 effort into IGTC me or AMB hadn't even drove a full stint becase we really didn't care what position we finished.

If you look at the GT2 times you'll see that i was about the 3rd or 4th fastest GT2 car there, suppose you can say the same to the 3id drivers too because they did exactly the same? hitting the wall as they came out the pits.
Guys, please stop. I think this argument has been driven into the ground, and you can take it to PMs if you feel the need to pursue it further.

Thanks.
Quote from Hawku :Right i was braking earlier than the guy infront of me? That's just not true.

http://spdoracing.com/files/brake.avi you can check the point there and you can quite clearly see that im braking bit later when his brake lights comes up and even cathing him up under braking.

nice, video, however I was wondering why you started to move to the left when you saw the inferno car coming that way? I remember a general racing rule being: while braking keep a straight line when cars behind (or something like that). Obviously you were trying to block him, which really just resulted in the tap sending you spinning. It was Inferno's fault, no question, but you didn't really try to avoid it either.
Maybe it's just me, but if I see a car behind divebombing, I rather go to the other direction to be sure to avoid him, even if it means losing a position or two.
Quote from csurdongulos :nice, video, however I was wondering why you started to move to the left when you saw the inferno car coming that way? I remember a general racing rule being: while braking keep a straight line when cars behind (or something like that). Obviously you were trying to block him, which really just resulted in the tap sending you spinning. It was Inferno's fault, no question, but you didn't really try to avoid it either.
Maybe it's just me, but if I see a car behind divebombing, I rather go to the other direction to be sure to avoid him, even if it means losing a position or two.

obviously trying to block him? Nice one, do you think i would have done that if i saw him coming? I was concentrating to the car in front and that's what your guy should've done too.
Come on guys. DWB has already asked you politely to stop bickering. We've been over this incident when it was protested and we made our decision. There is nothing to be gained from squabbling over it.
Ok, here are the results for the last two open protests:

Quote from Commander :Protest against #40 ( AutoMotoTrke.net Sim Racing Team) by #16 (Team Inferno)
• Lap 136 for us
• #40 and #16
• Lap 136 / Sector 1
• car #16 tried to lap car #40 on the outside because he stayed slowly on the inside. Car #40 hit car #16 while braking causing suspension damage on both side

No replay available, driver is still driving and will do to the end.

The driver of the #40 displays a distinct lack of situational awareness here, pulling to the left in the braking zone and ignoring that the #16, who is making a safe and clean pass, is next to him. #16 gets pushed into the wall and receives significant suspension damage.

The #40 receives a +30s (DT) penalty for unsafe driving.

Quote from Checkout :• Lap 223
• Car #03 and Car #02
• Sector 1 / Turn 1 / Time: ~5h 41m 50s
• Car #03 pushed us against the wall while driving side by side on the
start/finish straight and causing some damage to our car.

I'm posting the whole replay of my last stint, because the mpr edit tool didn't work for me.

http://www.imagenetz.de/f927522d2/moe-so46h.mpr.html

The admins feel that both drivers crowded each other here, and both drivers drove somewhat dangerously--the #02 turned into the side of the #03 before the kink, and the #03 failed to give enough room at the kink. It is our ruling that this is a racing incident, but we wish to warn both teams against such driving in the future.
Just to express some feelings about this:

Quote :Protest against #40 ( AutoMotoTrke.net Sim Racing Team) by #16 (Team Inferno)
• Lap 136 for us
• #40 and #16
• Lap 136 / Sector 1
• car #16 tried to lap car #40 on the outside because he stayed slowly on the inside. Car #40 hit car #16 while braking causing suspension damage on both side

Quote :The driver of the #40 displays a distinct lack of situational awareness here, pulling to the left in the braking zone and ignoring that the #16, who is making a safe and clean pass, is next to him. #16 gets pushed into the wall and receives significant suspension damage.

The #40 receives a +30s (DT) penalty for unsafe driving.

Of course it was not our intention to do that and we feel that there is something to be understood here...
#16 was about to lap us. My teammate expected it to be in T2, even gave room there because it was by far more safe place to lap a car...
#40 did not do it in T2, had a slower exit but stayed on that side which would become outer side for next corner... #40 was in position not visible in mirrors at the moment and situation mixed up when another GT1 showed on our left side, even looked like it would dive in. Natural reaction and thinking at the moment was that it is #40 gone to the other side.
My teammate just wanted to try to take a normal line into the corner, as GT2 should do.

Basically:
T3 is really not a safe place to lap a car, and even more it is not the place where 3 cars can go into it as it happened, we were in the middle of it all, trying to follow our line, expecting only one car on our side to watch out...
GT1 cars are very pushy sometimes...
We had our own incidents with GT1 cars where we could have a protest but, as a team manager and person who is responsible for it, I don't really see a point in it because we don't race GT1 class, and there is nothing to be gained or lost... A friendly chat/note is all that is needed...

By this penalty we have lost one place that we fought hard for! And Inferno gain nothing at all...
Not to say how unhappy we are with it...

We will not allow to be pushed, and if that should be the game we will consider changing our common sense opinion and start protesting against GT1 cars that are too pushy...

See you on WE where will be more room to lap...
I cannot really reply to your comment because I wasn't driving and I only got the call of my teammate saying there was some bad crash.
There were a couple of situations where GT2 cars did not want to let GT1s pass before the hairpin and "blocked" the GT1s up to the straight which wasn't that fair or necessary either, but at least we didn't suffer from any damage in these cases.

Complaining about that we didn't gain anything may be correct, but that does nothing have to do with the penalty in my eyes. Else we should not have received a DT for spinning spdo (They finished 2nd and I doubt they could have beaten SK, so they achieved maximum position) because they didn't lose anything at all either.

We do not want to start a fight or complain about every little incident. It's just that your incident was one of those that caused damage and where our driver was able to identify the car.
Let's hope that in WE there won't be any necessity to file any protests
As a driver who caused the incident I feel like I need to say few words. It seems to me that its better for us (GT2 cars) not to be a gentlemen on the track. Only thing being a fair driver brought me is three hits, that caused suspension damage on my car, and 30s time penalty. Despite all of that we still haven't decided to protest against any of GT1 cars. Maybe we should have, that way GT1 cars would be more careful when they lap us.

As for the incident it self, when i saw #16 car in my mirror before T2 I left enough space to turn dumper truck in that corner and still, somehow, #16 car manage to stay behind me. Exiting the corner I looked left to see where the #16 car is and i havent seend it, neighther I saw it in my mirrors(which are usless btw.), so I asumed that it gone on my right side. When I saw car in my mirror, it seemd a bit too far away, but at the moment only thing that crossed my mind was that it was the same car (#16), so i went as much left as I could so he could lap me as easy as posible, but unfortunatly that was some other car and I crashed into #16, who was on my left at the time.
Another thing, overtaking someone on the outer line is, by my opinion, extremely rude. In this case #16 driver not just that he missed his chance for clear overtaking (lapping in this case), that was given to him at T2 , but he tried overtaking on outer side, even he couldn't comlete it before braking point. Let's say tahat i haven't crashed you into that wall and that there was no third car, there are two scenarios of what could have hapend. First is that we paralely enter that corner and i let you pass. In that case you slow me down quite alot, and thats exectly what you've called unfair driveing. Second one is that i dont let u pass. That way eigther I slam you into another wall or you slow down to avoid incident and not overtake me. Eigther way overtaking on outer side is eigther pointless or unfair. Now just imagine what could hapend if third car was included.
Btw. don't think GT1 cars doesn't slow us down too or that you are the only one being slowed by GT2 car, there are same rules for every one in your's class and where you run on GT2 car is pure luck(or lack of luck) and thats part of racing too.

Just to make my self clear i dont think that crashing you is anyone else's fault but mine, it's just that, that sentence about my distinct lack of situational awareness and ignoring other cars, bothers me. I can handle the penalty but I can't handle beeing called noob or unfair driver, cause I'm not eigther of those two things(as nobody from AMT is, otherwise we wouldent be called to join the team).

Looking forward racing you at WE, and sorry for my broken English

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG