The online racing simulator
6 Hours of South City Long: Protests
State your protest here:

Include the following in your protest
• The correct lap,
• The cars (/teams) involved
• The lap/sector/time (see image above)
• And a short description from your point of view.

Include a replay with at least 10s before and 10s after the event for which you protest (link). To cut a replay use mprEdit – courtesy of MikeB. Additionally a movie of the incident may be useful as well, but protests have to include a replay.

Free sites to upload movies are: http://www.mediafire.com
http://www.rapidshare.com
Lap two (first flying lap).
#16 Team INFERNO, #06 spdoRacing GT1
Sector one, turn two

Commander spun Heikki at turn one - it's cut-and-dried.

Is a replay needed? We'd have to wait until the end of the first stint and I think it's more fair that they're penalised early and are therefore dropped back as we have been.

Edit: Corrected the team. Big SORRY to Harry and 3ID!
#3 - CSF
Lap 13 (12th racing)

#34 SpdoRacing, #38 Sonicrealms Racing

#34 SpdoRacing M. Silhanek turns #38 around at the first gear hairpin.
Quote from joshdifabio :Lap two (first flying lap).
#16 Team INFERNO, #06 spdoRacing GT1
Sector one, turn two

Commander spun Heikki at turn one - it's cut-and-dried.

Is a replay needed? We'd have to wait until the end of the first stint and I think it's more fair that they're penalised early and are therefore dropped back as we have been.

Edit: Corrected the team. Big SORRY to Harry and 3ID!

Situation:
#06 brakes for a normal turn in on T2 to avoid hitting the cars in front / making a safe T2. Car Behind, #16, brakes later than #06 later, touches #06 at the left rear, forcing him into a spin.

Decision:
DT for car #16 for causing an avoidable incident with car #06 on T2
I'm sorry for that incident but they were braking very early (100m is where I brake at full speed with full tank) I tried to steer left to avoid him but he also went a bit to the left. So where should I go.....that was neither intentional nor specifically stupid, just a racing incident......
Without a replay to check and with them not losing a million seconds this was not necessary...
exactly 1h mark, T2

#33 crashed #40 into the wall, lost the back end of his car while driving parallel and sent us into the wall...
We thing that it was avoidable move, our driver was slower at the moment and would let go, no need for that kind of driving...

EDIT: we dont have mpr, driver did not save it... but maybe some other team can upload first stint, thanx in advance!
Quote from CSF :Lap 13 (12th racing)

Quote from Dragonmen :exactly 1h mark, T1

#33 crashed #40 into the wall, lost the back end of his car while driving parallel and sent us into the wall...

replays?
#8 - amp88
Quote from Commander :I'm sorry for that incident but they were braking very early (100m is where I brake at full speed with full tank) I tried to steer left to avoid him but he also went a bit to the left. So where should I go.....that was neither intentional nor specifically stupid, just a racing incident......
Without a replay to check and with them not losing a million seconds this was not necessary...

Braking markers you use when driving yourself aren't useful for when you're heading into turn 2 on the first racing lap of a 6 hour race when you have several cars ahead. We've looked at the incident and assessed a drive through penalty.
Quote from amp88 :Braking markers you use when driving yourself aren't useful for when you're heading into turn 2 on the first racing lap of a 6 hour race when you have several cars ahead. We've looked at the incident and assessed a drive through penalty.

I do not necessarily concentrate on my braking point, but if you take a look at Schade in front of him and the gap between both cars he was braking earlier, pulled further to the left (where I wanted to escape to as I did not intend to overtake there) and was not really braking to avoid Schade's car...just braking too early for being on the inside.

Take a look again at my steering wheel as I hit the brakes.
Quote from CSF :Lap 13 (12th racing)

replay of the incident clicky
Quote from JasonL220 :replay of the incident clicky

We've reviewed the above incident and decided that no penalties should be given. We see this as an unlucky racing incident with no party to blame.
time mark 2h:09min after T4

#33 trying to unlap, spins #40.
Quote from Dragonmen :time mark 2h:09min after T3

#33 trying to unlap, spins #40.

Can you post a replay of the incident please? Details are included in the first post.
Quote from amp88 :Can you post a replay of the incident please? Details are included in the first post.

Not at this moment will do as soon as I get it...
Quote from Dragonmen :Not at this moment will do as soon as I get it...

Ok, no problem. Just post it when you get it.
Quote from Dragonmen :exactly 1h mark, T1

We thing that it was avoidable move, our driver was slower at the moment and would let go, no need for that kind of driving...

EDIT: we dont have mpr, driver did not save it... but maybe some other team can upload first stint, thanx in advance!

Wasn't my intention to do that. I had nowhere to go. If you saw me that I'm faster you can lift up your foot off the throttle for 1-2s.

Replay
Attached files
#33-#40.mpr - 454.2 KB - 123 views
Id like to apologise if i did anything that some of you found a bit erratic, i was busy trying to find out why my setup was completely different, turns out in qually i changed the pressures basically making it near undriveable Sorry again.
Quote from Dominic-V :Wasn't my intention to do that. I had nowhere to go. If you saw me that I'm faster you can lift up your foot off the throttle for 1-2s.

Replay

I can't watch the attached replay. I notice it has been cut using an older version of mpr edit. Could you please try it again using the current version? Thanks.
Protest against #12 (High Fidelity) by #35 (F1RST Racing GT2)
• Lap 60 for us (63 for the leader)
• #35 and #12
• Lap 60 / Sector 2 (turn 9) / 43 seconds into the lap
• F1RST GT2 (#35) was moving aside to let High Fidelity (#12) pass, though clearly leaving enough space team #12 slammed into the side of our car causing damage (and me pulling my wheel of the table ).

Replay: http://www.thomm.nl/protest_team35.mpr
Quote from Thommm :Protest against #12 (High Fidelity) by #35 (F1RST Racing GT2)
• Lap 60 for us (63 for the leader)
• #35 and #12
• Lap 60 / Sector 2 (turn 9) / 43 seconds into the lap
• F1RST GT2 (#35) was moving aside to let High Fidelity (#12) pass, though clearly leaving enough space team #12 slammed into the side of our car causing damage (and me pulling my wheel of the table ).

Replay: http://www.thomm.nl/protest_team35.mpr

Situation:
#12 crashes #35 while overtaking although #35 left enough space to make a clear pass.

Decision:
dt for #12 for crashing into another car
Protest against #40 ( AutoMotoTrke.net Sim Racing Team) by #16 (Team Inferno)
• Lap 136 for us
• #40 and #16
• Lap 136 / Sector 1
• car #16 tried to lap car #40 on the outside because he stayed slowly on the inside. Car #40 hit car #16 while braking causing suspension damage on both side

No replay available, driver is still driving and will do to the end.
Quote from amp88 :I can't watch the attached replay. I notice it has been cut using an older version of mpr edit. Could you please try it again using the current version? Thanks.

Should work now.
Attached files
#33 - #40.mpr - 459.2 KB - 115 views
What are the admins for in the server!?!?!?!Are they blind or something!?!?!

Is it that hard to give another formation lap(or how the hell it is called) after

that crash(lap 1) to help the teams that crashed get their position back because of some morons that were warming up their tires?!?!?!
Quote from Dominic-V :Should work now.

Situation:
#33 attemps to pass #40 in T2, leaving no room on the exit and crashing into #40

Decision:
dt for #33 for causing an avoidable accident
Quote from [UKR] Race King :What are the admins for in the server!?!?!?!Are they blind or something!?!?!

Is it that hard to give another formation lap(or how the hell it is called) after

that crash(lap 1) to help the teams that crashed get their position back because of some morons that were warming up their tires?!?!?!

We agree that we didn't have enough personnel on the server to follow the entire field on the warmup lap, so we didn't respond to the crash which happened. However, in accordance with the rules the cars which were put out of position on the warmup lap would NOT have been allowed to regain their position anyway. If you feel strongly enough about this you could protest the people you think caused the pile up. We will try to ensure a better start next time.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG