The online racing simulator
good free multiplayer games
(31 posts, started )
#1 - lerts
i know of this one of course, demo, track mania nations which is amusing counterstrike and americas army

can you recomend any other?
Oh god, that's lerts.

NEXUIZ
FTW!
Drift city and Project Torque too.
See sig
#5 - bbman
CS freeware? The beta maybe...

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is always worth mentioning...

Don't know if anything's still happening, as Enemy Territory:Quake Wars came out last year and many will have switched...
Counterstrike isn't free.

Not many decent free games, there are some if you bother looking hard enough
Battlefield: Heroes - sometimes they give us beta keys etc to play with it
CS is free if you already bought HL Tbh, for nabs like me, dm (had some great fun with q2 and sv_gravity on the school LAN ) > cs. I'd hate being the weakest link in a team.
Shot Online is a pretty decent free golf game with RPG elements. The need to rest between games is a bit of a pain because of how busy it is (benches are always occupied), but the range of courses is great.
GunZ Online is a sort of interesting 3PS for people who have Matrix envy.

There's also another Korean game I liked that was free and similar to Worms but real-time rather than turn-based. Four players, one destructible level, upgradable weapons and armour... can't remember the name though. Anyone able to help me out?

[Edit: Gunbound, that's the one]
Quote from Dajmin :Shot Online is a pretty decent free golf game with RPG elements.

I tried trying it, but the anime avatars and such are a major turn-off..

If Carom3D is too arcadey for some, 8ballclub is an alternative. Not able to play it myself due to lack of HW T&L, but there it is anyway.
http://www.8ballclub.com/
Quote from NotAnIllusion :CS is free if you already bought HL Tbh, for nabs like me, dm (had some great fun with q2 and sv_gravity on the school LAN ) > cs. I'd hate being the weakest link in a team.

Being the weakest link of your one man team is ok?
It's unfortunate, but far less aggrieving. It's the insecure side of me
But it's made by Nexon, which are a bunch of money grabbing, life stealing morons who make you pay for everything that's cool.

"All our games are free to play, but buy Nexon Cash to make your life 1237291873489234892² times easier!"
Also Combat Arms isn't playable in Europe IIRC

Correct me if I'm wrong
Quote from S14 DRIFT :But it's made by Nexon, which are a bunch of money grabbing, life stealing morons who make you pay for everything that's cool.

"All our games are free to play, but buy Nexon Cash to make your life 1237291873489234892² times easier!"

I thought item malls come with F2Ps as standard?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :But it's made by Nexon, which are a bunch of money grabbing, life stealing morons who make you pay for everything that's cool.

hmm..i've been playing for about a year and have never felt the need to pay for a single thing.....

then again i'm not you so I guess I know nothing.

and they have been doing euro beta testing not sure if it has launched there yet
Last time I tried to D/L combat arms, I was told since (I no longer hold a passport account, I withdrew it when I deleted my MS account), I can no longer sign up for one, nor can I download the game, both because I'm outside of the US.

:o Maybe it's just me, but I can't go through the hassle of making another Nexon account, I'll get hooked on MS again.
Now that you bought LFS S2, it's free (for now) and has multiplayer so...
#20 - CSU1
I used to play Soldier Of Fortune 2: MP demo test (wtf?) a lot, It's only one erm... "arena" but it can be fun to blow some people's head off.
Oh, I totally forgot Shattered Galaxy. Highly recommended by me.
Urban Terror: a shooter with modes like DM, TDM, CTF, Bomb (like in cs) etc
players can heal each other which is very cool and adds a lot to the gameplay I think. Its based on the Q3 engine.
http://www.urbanterror.net/

Spring RTS Engine: an engine for a number of RTS-games ("mods"), the most popular ones based on Total Annihilation. It might take a while to configure it and get good at it but after while all other rts just feel primitive and simple.
There are some AI-bots but the mainfocus in online play, which works very good.
http://spring.clan-sy.com/
True Combat:CQB is soon to be released in alpha stage !

Quote from Coroner :Get ready.

Well, things are shaping up faster then I hoped and I am now safe to announce that the CQB Alpha will be ready for release anytime between next weekend and March 31.

During the last days, I was able to finish a lot of all these small bits that were left, like changing the game name, menus, credits, transition from TC:ELITE to TC:CQB in the artwork, etc. I got the release chain running including the linux compile and I already verified the first feature complete package on a linux server and windows client. Now some finishing touches to the map are required and some further testing.

In short, I want to address what you can expect from the alpha release:

* No cross hair
* Most realistic iron sight, reflex sight, and scope simulation
* Real ballistic tracing including bullet drop
* Minimum GPU requirements: Nvidia 6800GT or ATI X800
* Win and Linux only
* About 300 Megs download (plus W:ET)
* Only Bodycount (TDM)
* One map
* Game is locked to sv_pure 1 and sv_official 1

http://www.truecombatelite.com ... ewtopic.php?p=27920#27844
I got scared when I saw Lerts had made this thread. Then saw it was from 2008. Phew!

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG