The online racing simulator
Guns don't kill people ...
(46 posts, started )
Quote from Hankstar :Yeah I've heard the conversion is not that difficult to do. I should learn how to do it to be prepared for the inevitable zombie swarm. Just remember though: in a pinch, you don't have to reload a bat.

True, although you have to be up close to use it, which puts you in danger. No, what you want is a nice M60. Admittedly it is a defensive weapon rather than offensive, so you'd need a nice German made assault rifle (because the M4 sucks) kicking around for when the shit hits the fan and you need to move in a hurry.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Am I the only one who thinks the kid looks like Tay Zonday from Chocolate Rain

Seriously, WTF though? He didn't even answer the door, he heard a knock, fetched an automatic rifle, and emptied the clip into the door. That's not post-traumatic stress, that's just madness. (In b4 this is sparta :P)

Haha, no, I thought that as well :o
Quote from ColeusRattus :One single bullet to the head, no need for full auto. In case of a zombie invasion, you ought to conserve ammo.

Like I said - you don't have to reload a bat. Or an axe. Or a fencepost, if it comes to that.

Quote :And On topic. Sad story, which will trigger the usual "ban guns vs. right to bear arms" debate. I for one don't think that banning guns would make ends to violence and murders, but then, neitehr does keeping 'em. So it's a rather petty argument.

Not a petty argument, it's well worth having and clearly necessary. What does absolutely no good is throwing your hands in the air and saying "nothing can help, so let's do nothing."

I don't necessarily think a total ban on assault weapons would've stopped this guy from getting his AK either. But just maybe, a ban would have discouraged the guy, either through fear of a lengthy prison term or, more likely, high black market prices, from getting this particular weapon. But I guess that's moot as the guy seemed pretty unhinged anyway. It might discourage the next paranoid ex-con though. That kid might have lived had the shooter had a semi-auto or, better yet, nothing. I know many Americans will always resist gun control, but they have to realise "control" doesn't necessarily mean "give all your guns back and use a pointed stick". There's more at stake than just their own personal safety; clearly everybody and their kids are at risk, even when doing normal innocent stuff in the neighbourhood.
Actually the most effective measure against kids at halloween is handing them cigarettes, joints and condoms...I can guarantee you their parents won't allow them to trick or treat next year!
Quote from Hankstar :If the guy was using the AK on full-automatic and just held the trigger down, it maybe would've taken 10 seconds to empty the 30-round magazine (I think my maths is right, an AK's firing rate is about 600 rounds per minute). If that was the case, that's some seriously panicked & paranoid firing right there.

Well if it's 600 rounds per minute, that's 10 rounds per second, so 30 rounds would have taken 3 seconds, for what it's worth
Would those 30 bullets count as treat?

or...

The kid probably was an awful singer (do the kids have to sing a song to get the bulle... I mean... candy?)
First of all, I'm pro gun. But this guy was a complete tool. He's the type that ruins it for everybody else. I'm not sure what kind of idiot would fire through his door on Halloween. We do need stricter laws over here so people like him can't get guns. As a matter of fact, he shouldn't have had a gun in the first place regardless of the 2nd amendment. He was a Ex-convict. Ex-cons can't own guns.
Quote :automatic weapons in the USA

So far, few federal laws about this, so it's up to the states. Generally you need some type of license to own a fully automatic weapon, usually associated with gun collectors, or a gun related business (firing range). I recall on visist to my sister in Texas that quite a few firing ranges include free usage of automatic weapons (since you pay for the bullets).

I live in California, and automatic weapons can't be found at firing ranges, and many weapons, including automatics are simply outlawed. Holstered weapons, pistols, rifles and shotguns, used to be legal in California until the Black Panthers decided it would be cool to go around armed to the teeth with pistols, shotguns, and ammo belts, back in the 1960's to counter intimidation by the police. Showing up at the California state assembly armed this way, back in 1967 didn't help matters.
At least he used an AK-47
Quote from Hankstar :Not a petty argument, it's well worth having and clearly necessary. What does absolutely no good is throwing your hands in the air and saying "nothing can help, so let's do nothing."

Should've been more clear: gun crimes and violence are problems, as is illegal ownership of guns, and those issues need a solution.
It's just the argument between the two extremes of "no guns for anyone" versus "from my cold, dead hands" that doesn't lead nowhere and therefor is petty, as I rather doubt that one side could convince the other.
There are indications that this guy went mad because of a previous crime which also involved guns:
Quote :He told police he had been robbed and shot in the past year.

"He wasn't going to be robbed again, and he wasn't going to be shot again," Patterson said Saturday at a news conference.

So stricter gun control might have prevented this man from going insane in the first place.
See? I don't like trick or treaters either, but I just ignore them.
Quote from JeffR :So far, few federal laws about this, so it's up to the states. Generally you need some type of license to own a fully automatic weapon, usually associated with gun collectors, or a gun related business (firing range). I recall on visist to my sister in Texas that quite a few firing ranges include free usage of automatic weapons (since you pay for the bullets).

Can't really see why would a civilian need an automatic weapon? I mean, automatic is useless if you are trying to hit anything. I can see the collectors point of view, but if they just collect the guns they just might get them deactivated or to have it made to semi-auto only, which in case of AK is possible. It hardly makes them any less dangerous though.

And of course, owning an automatic is just about being cool.
#40 - wark
Wall hax.
The dude shot because he got scared? :wtf2:
Something is really wrong with his nerves and needs to see a doctor.
Quote from wsinda :<snip>
So stricter gun control might have prevented this man from going insane in the first place.

Yeah, because criminals have so much difficulty obtaining a firearm illegally and therefore use the same channels as normal, law-abiding citizens.

I may have to concede that this guy fell through the cracks just a bit, though. Obviously hindsight is 20/20 but it's likely his mental condition should have precluded him from obtaining a firearm.
As soon as I saw this thread the other day the words of the song came to me 'Guns dont kill people, rappers do, sound of the police.' Just came to me without opening the thread, dont know why. People you can all sleep better tonight knowing that lol.
It's wabbits.

Not rappers. Don't you listen to Chris Moyles?
and mr obama want to raise taxes of 500% for ammunition,thinking gun business will stop,or the gangs will die, gtfo dude

ot,well i imagine this story: knock knock, rattatatataa=dead its pretty scary O.O defenetly,normal people dont just do things like this,guy has problems for sure in the head.still he had to know it halloween and kids runnin around. feel bad for the family.
Quote from Forbin :Yeah, because criminals have so much difficulty obtaining a firearm illegally and therefore use the same channels as normal, law-abiding citizens.

No, because stricter gun laws decrease the supply of weapons, which makes it harder for crooks to get a gun. So only the richest/toughest criminals will be able to get one. Small criminals will have to revert to other, less deadly weapons.

Guns don't kill people ...
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG