The online racing simulator
Quote from Theafro :
a section of open road would be nice too, just plain ordinary country road for rally and sprint purposes (nice to just cruise aswell)

I agree. I think that my favorite racing game ever was Need for Speed SE (long, long ago). While it wasn't realistic, it had mostly winding country roads and freeway tracks, rather than the usual "race tracks" that most sims use these days. Racing along a mountain road with traffic moving in both directions is great fun. Unfortunately, I don't think LFS could match this experience since there is no support for this type of traffic model as far as I know.
Dirt Oval
Could be sprint cars / midgets / late model or we could just run with the rallycross cars.
Would be a real easy track to design. Maybe 1/4 mile, slight banking. Great close racing and sideways fun.
Truck racing for sure. Simpley awesome stuff.
Taxi missions. Drive from south city-blackwood.

Just kidding. But I want interconnected levels. LOLZNFSU2
- LMP/LMGTP
- Truck racing
#57 - Gunn
Hardcore XFG racing. Do you have what it takes?
Attached images
cornerbaring4.jpg
heheheheh very funny ideas here guys.illepall But ya know that the more stuff they try and stuff into the program, the less stuff will be spot on perfect. Nothing would ever really get fully finished.

While we are dreaming though, I throw my vote in for LMP 1 & 2 prototypes
Again make that LMP and LMGTP. Simple reason:
LMP1 == big roadster proto
LMP2 == small roadster proto
LMGTP == big coupe proto

Of course "big" and "small" refer more to the weight than anything else for those things, but still, the LMP1 and LMGTP are things that can compete together whereas LMP2 is really more in another class.
Quote from Gunn :Hardcore XFG racing. Do you have what it takes?

HAHAHAHAH fricken hilarious.

seriously, this thread is so funny with all these wacky suggestions.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
late 80's touring cars\dtm\grand american (IMSA), some of the BEST racing there has ever been on this earth.

OHOHOHOHO! almost forgot.... racing trucks like these:
Attached images
IMG_210_1072_01.jpg
also add the ability to over-rev and blow your engine.
Quote from mike11973 :also add the ability to over-rev and blow your engine.

This is the 'Type of racing you'd like to see added' thread, not the improvement suggestions.
And you can already over-rev your engine and damage it but it isnt easy because all cars have rev-limiters. Tho you can try shifting from 5th to 1st to over rev the engine and notice the damage.
some form of v8 supercar- big 5.0L NA V8 engine, in a heavy 4 door design... a nice complement to the FXR and XRR
drag racing would be awesome, but restrictions would need to be in place to prevent a top fuel dragster entering westhill...
oh and i like the pedal car idea.
CanAm, karts, and downhill skateboarding.
Upside-down formula car racing
Wacky race's with Penelope pitstop , and dick darstedley laying down oil slicks,we need more loops and chuck in some pedestrians for good measure.
Quote from (SaM) :This is the 'Type of racing you'd like to see added' thread, not the improvement suggestions.
And you can already over-rev your engine and damage it but it isnt easy because all cars have rev-limiters. Tho you can try shifting from 5th to 1st to over rev the engine and notice the damage.

oops...you are right...this isnt the improvement thread. I will have to try what you said...I was thinking in terms of GPL as far as the damage is concerned...then again those were based on much older cars which most likely were able to be blown much easier than modern day engines.
Quote from sinbad :Sidecars

that's by far the best suggestion i've ever heard. if LFS ever went down the motorcycle route, this could be cool. choice of an automatic sidecar partner or another player having to control the weight shift of the second person would simply rock.
just hope that your partner isn't super laggy. that would make things interesting
Monster trucks. I think the LFS physics engine would be great for this, if you used actual LFS cars with physics and damage to drive over!
I like multiclass racing. GT racing with at least two classes on tracks, maybe even more. We allready got the 500bhp cars so if we could have three 300bhp cars as well, it would be nice. I'd start a "Super GT" series any day and do some real 3 hour racing
more ralycross tracks and cars for it.. and some big jumps..
Quote from Hooligan[UK :Wacky race's with Penelope pitstop , and dick darstedley laying down oil slicks,we need more loops and chuck in some pedestrians for good measure.

HAHA, yeah. Cars that can lay smoke screens, oil slicks etc. To fend off those behind him.
James Bond tyre rippers for those who like to scrape paint alongside you.

That would be sooo much fun. (no weaponry though - just defensive gadgets).

Van racing gets my vote also, that would really be so cool and do-able.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG