The online racing simulator
#76 - mr_x
anyone ever play Death Rally... i had that game, was rated 18+ and i was playing it when i was about 10 years old i think (if i remember right) lmao something like that would rock!
Quote from Takumi_Project.d :that's by far the best suggestion i've ever heard. if LFS ever went down the motorcycle route, this could be cool. choice of an automatic sidecar partner or another player having to control the weight shift of the second person would simply rock.

A sidecar is just a 3 wheeled car with a lot of caster, so i think it's easy to do

(to the people developing lfstweak: hurry up! i can't wait!)
Quote from mike11973 :actual f1 cars producing 950bhp with redlines of 19500 rpm capable of braking from 200+mph to 0 in under 3 seconds. The f08 is not that (nor do I think it was ever intended of being it).

http://f1.allianz.com/azf1/dp/ ... ng=1&js=1&flash=6

200 KM/H, not mph

And it says it takes 4.1 secs from 200 KM/H to 0 for the F1 BMW.

If a car stopped from 200+MPH in under 3 seconds, my god, would you have enough blood in your head?
Quote from Tweaker :200 KM/H, not mph

And it says it takes 4.1 secs from 200 KM/H to 0 for the F1 BMW.

If a car stopped from 200+MPH in under 3 seconds, my god, would you have enough blood in your head?

Yes, it is KPH, but...

"when performing a full stop from 200 km/h, a standard-production BMW takes 4.1 seconds and covers 118 metres before coming to a standstill"

The road car does it in 4.1.

"Fifty-five metres is the braking distance a Formula 1 car travels when performing a full stop from a speed of 200 km/h. The process takes 1.9 seconds and creates deceleration forces of up to 5 G"
how about something simple like motorcycles? Superbikes and what not..
Motorbikes are not simple to simulate, if it was simple, we would have had a decent motorbike sim by now.

Would love any motorcycle in LFS, we would need bike tyres first though..
well its already almost simulated... ive seen 2 wheel XF's going at it, they lean and everything just like a real motorcycle. LFS would just need the gyroscopic effects, which it lacks.
These one got already mentioned, but i'd really love to see them in LFS

1) V8 muscle cars
2) F1 class formula cars
3) really powerfull racing cars, something like 600bhp or 800bhp or even more. 490 just is not enough :P
Already said, but here goes my support

- Formula 1
- Trucks
- Something like DTM, but using A8, S-Class, and 7 Series style cars GTR versions :hyper:

Quote from geeman1 :These one got already mentioned, but i'd really love to see them in LFS

I'm still laughing with that blog-words article of your site. Great.
Well, I'm rehashing, but let's see...

Group B-type rally cars--especially the ones made just as the class got banned
Can-Am racers
"muscle" cars--something with a crappy leaf-spring solid rear axle
rwd competitor for the UF1--I'm thinking VW Karmann Ghia clone
Old-style formula racers--bullet body, skinny tires, no downforce
I'd love to see hill climbing events in LFS as they're really short and sweet!

In terms of cars, trucks would be awesome to see at Blackwood! Also, Le Mans Prototype Cars are the next step for S3 imho. Also, proper karts get my vote too.
Quote from RMachucaA :OHOHOHOHO! almost forgot.... racing trucks like these:

i want them, too!
KARTS KARTS KARTS
Head-to-head Rally of Champions (Perhaps the most famous location is the Gran Canaries) style racing on a purpose built track.
Proper Drag Racing Cars
Ones with oh lets say...7000HP!
Top Fuel, Funny Car
or even Pro Modified Versions of the cars already on the game.

http://www.santapod.co.uk/g_gallery_detail.php?PhotoID=9
http://www.santapod.co.uk/g_gallery_detail.php?PhotoID=10

check the pics to see what i mean!!

or the Rolex Grand-Am championship

http://www.toyota.com/motorsports/images/grandam/main.jpg

and maybe even....

TRUE Supercars

that means= Mclaren F1, Ferrari Enzo, TVR Speed 12 Etc

http://www.fast-autos.net/mclaren/f1lm13.jpg
I think Karts would be the best addition.. !!
Stupidly powerfull cars (F5000, CanAM) and full race engines, light, highly stressed, high reving, power on the cam and less torque (BDA, DFV, Chevy V8 etc.), not just this modern production tat we've got at the moment in all but the FO8
I'd give pretty much anything to have a prototype sportscar in LFS, preferably an LMP1 in both GTP and spyder form.

Considering how effortless it is to setup a multiclass race it's a shame we can't currently recreate the full atmosphere of a real sportscar event. The FO8 is nearly as powerful but not designed to take the knocks and scrapes that the protos do when lapping traffic.
American LeMans (ALMS) style cars, especially the Audi R8! And the cars from GTR (ain't I cheeky ) LFS will show conclusively how it's done!! But yeah, high-powered endurance cars, especially the single-seaters power houses!

Edit: potentially offensive image removed ...
Attached images
audi r8.jpg
r8_cockpit.jpg
Quote from geezer45 :
Also implement the damage modelling as per the 'r8_crash' image.

Giggidy giggidy alright!!

I remember that race... heheh.. nasty crashes..
alot have been out thinking Supertrucks- and it is my favorite idea www.truckracing.de www.forlmulatruck.com www.buggyra.com !!!!!!!
then ofcourse the Solid axle, leaf spring crazy ness, like mad max's falcon, or The Trans-am racers of the 69-73 era wowza.

three wheelers! that is fun, like the Morgans of the 30's or a JZR/BRA/Triking type, of course sidecars would be rad, especially if you have ragdoll physics and can get them launched from the bike- heh heh
Karting for sure, and any dirt oval car would be alot of fun.
What about something like this? I never seen these cars race, I just thought they looked cool in the photos
Attached images
a Supermod.jpg

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG