The online racing simulator
Just got S2 tell me things i should know
hello,

i went for it i have s2 now yay now i have a g25 and would like to know some tips some stratiges and other things i never crash in to people on purpose so i know the rules

but yeah tell me some stuff
Common sense really. Browse the forums for 10 or 15 minutes in the 'Beginners Forum' and read the stickies. They do help, I really shouldn't have to be telling you this!
say bye to social life
bye
My advice is to not listen to unfriendly ****s and just enjoy yourself.
Just get into the habbit of racing with others that might get a little pissed off if you tap them taking a corner before them (You get some jerks in S2 at times)

But overall enjoy urself, Ask other users with G25's on whats the best things to do whilst ingame etc etc
1. You just bought a very very good game
2. Your social life will disapear
3. You need a comfortable chair, nothing worse than a numb bum
4. How to heel and toe (you might already know)

On a more serious note - Drive fair and clean and you should have no problems As for wheel set up its a completely personal thing, some like high wheel rotation others small. Same with ffb etc.
Dont forget to turn off the limiter by pressing "L"
yeah i got banned at ctra wow what a bad server oh well but haha i played 6 hours today and no i dont know how to heel tow its very hard if someones willing to help me in game it would be much appriciated
Hehe, you must have done something then CTRA usually, or from what I have experienced a very fair and ok server(s) . If you were banned due to a accident I would send the server admins a message and describe your situation, maybe they can give you a second chance since your new
A other thing, people are ****s (like rest of internet ), so don't listen to them (unless they give you constructive feedback and advices), even if they whines the crap out of ya and make rude remarks. Focus on the fun part, and enjoy both your stay here and in-game.

Practice does master!
http://www.raceauthority.com/r ... lookup.asp?ReportID=20422

Looking at the report, I thought that mabye it was a bit harsh, especially after seeing this thread. You seem to be a nice guy, you have stated that you are not a craher...

Then I saw the replay. Either you are a wrecker, or have no clue how to control your car/defend your position. You were driving quite well up till the first incedent, so I'm afraid I would class you as a wrecker. Your excuse about changing the settings on your steering wheel seems like a blatent lie, which doesn't help.

Mabye I'm wrong, but that's how it looks to me. I certainly wouldn't like to race against you.
Quote from Most Wanted Guy :yeah i got banned at ctra wow what a bad server oh well but haha i played 6 hours today and no i dont know how to heel tow its very hard if someones willing to help me in game it would be much appriciated

CTRA bad server ?. Not really propably one the best out there, if ya got banned on CTRA you did something wrong. LFS isnt about haven a quick race online. LFS is a sim and you should act like that. Always think for you do anything. Sure in the beginning its rough, but you will get the hang off it.
#15 - halo
I check the replay and I think there is nothing wrong with CTRA admins but you sir.
I am agree with Timdpr. I wouldn't like to race against you too.
You need to learn how to defense your position without causing fouls if you want to join and enjoy one of the best servers out there.
He's new. Like us, he didn't join on the first day and go into a race without incident.

Let time take its course, you will learn.
Just to echo what everyone else said, Ive had some very good races on the CTRA in the past Admitadly some disaterous ones too lol.

I remember when I first got S2 racing fox at we1 taking out tristan It was all a learning experience though Just practice a little and as you gain experience then you will get better
A deserved ban. You drove someone off the track twice. Yes, everyone was new once but I don't think everyone intentionally runs people off the track when they're new. People tend to learn how to drive and then try to race others.
Quote from el pibe :social life... yes.... girls... NEVER !... :P

Girls dig race drivers, just 'forget' to mention the virtual part
#20 - ndiw
remember that you still have a dog out there in the offline 3D world
Quote from ndiw :remember that you still have a dog out there in the offline 3D world

Mine just died. Thanks for reminding me.
-
(major_syphillis) DELETED by SamH : Spam
jesus dude...... i would stop the wrecking..... looking at the replay it wasnt vey nice from you was it?
#23 - MR_B
Hmmmmmm, few things.

1. When you spin and you're on the track with cars coming towards you. Either spectate or do no move. Let the other drivers find a way around you. Otherwise if you move it's like trying to hit a moving target.

2. In the server list you can sort the list by Name, Ping, Number of people in server by clicking on the titles of each column.

3. If you click the "?" in the server list it shows you who's in the server, and what car they are driving.

4. If you knock someone off, or take a position unfairly, pull over safely and let them back past.

5. Say hello and goodbye in servers, especially when you are in a team, and when others say hello first. Otherwise it's just plain rude and won't make you any friends. Plus if you're representing a team, it just makes you appear arrogant and makes it highly unlikely that someone will visit your team, costing you potential members.

6. Don't vote to restart/end race/ or qualify when a race is still being run. Not until everyone has finished.

7. Remember to add an extra lap of fuel, it pays to have a calculator by your PC.

8. Please please please follow these guidelines from the old "Clean Racers Club" HERE. Especially if you don't wish to be banned!

I hope these would be of use to you instead of some of the other replies here.

Happy racing!

Kringle
Quote from MR_B :Hmmmmmm, few things.

1. When you spin and you're on the track with cars coming towards you. Either spectate or do no move. Let the other drivers find a way around you. Otherwise if you move it's like trying to hit a moving target.

2. In the server list you can sort the list by Name, Ping, Number of people in server by clicking on the titles of each column.

3. If you click the "?" in the server list it shows you who's in the server, and what car they are driving.

4. If you knock someone off, or take a position unfairly, pull over safely and let them back past.

5. Say hello and goodbye in servers, especially when you are in a team, and when others say hello first. Otherwise it's just plain rude and won't make you any friends. Plus if you're representing a team, it just makes you appear arrogant and makes it highly unlikely that someone will visit your team, costing you potential members.

6. Don't vote to restart/end race/ or qualify when a race is still being run. Not until everyone has finished.

7. Remember to add an extra lap of fuel, it pays to have a calculator by your PC.

8. Please please please follow these guidelines from the old "Clean Racers Club" HERE. Especially if you don't wish to be banned!

I hope these would be of use to you instead of some of the other replies here.

Happy racing!

Kringle

Could not have said it better myself!
Follow these rules and you'll have a good future (I guess:shrug on LFS..
#25 - VoiD
Stay away from RedlineRacing-Servers... especially if you´re not Shoe Maker or any other RR-member. They will ban you without any particular reason + they make themselves the biggest official-LFS forum-fools ...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG