The online racing simulator
Made my first G-tech run with my 03 Cobra
(130 posts, closed, started )
I absolutely wish I hadn't posted it. I hope a moderator will delete it, I never imagined how sensative people can be. The forums I'm used to I would never get this kind of responce. If a moderater see's this, a delete would be nice. I guess I'm the only one to ever break a law...right.
Quote from ajp71 :TBH I say so what? The risk of injuring yourself let alone somebody else on a straight piece dual carriageway with clear visibility in the middle of no where is so remote not to worry about, you're far more likely to hit someone or something as you drive innocently around town minding your own business. I don't think you appreciate how remote large parts of the 'states are, we simply don't have areas south of the remotest reaches of Scotland where you genuinely can drive for 40 miles without passing anything of any note.

Hmm that's a fair point aboutthe size of the place, it's something I can't judge and can't envisage living on our crowded little island. I expect that there are places more remote than I can imagine. I just think that as a public road, you never can be 100% sure like you would be on a track.

Quote :ajp71]You might be horrified to hear of a sport called 'road rallying' which does produce cheap laughs and the odd spill, certainly far more dangerous than driving down an empty motorway at speeds which would be legal in certain parts of the world, still no body has banned it yet

Actually come to think of it, yes it does sound a little horrifying that it can still continue in the UK, although wiki says that "Its disadvantages are that for safety reasons they have to be run in very remote (generally rural) areas, and late at night. One reason for their decline has been the reduction in areas available for running the events..." so I guess it's not that bad.
Quote from DHRammstein :Dude, that's a very nasty comment, your last one.

I think you read what I said the wrong way. I'm certainly not wishing anything bad upon you for what you've posted - as you've already explained the efforts you went to to reduce the risks (my issue being with your belief that you car can stop and start so fast that you couldn't possibly hit anything). What I said was relating to your new Kenne Bell when you fit it in the future; you showed a video of the performance of it and it was that I was referring to when I said that if you loon about on the roads using that kind of performance, then you probably deserve to get wedged under a truck trailer.

But as you've said, it's a circuit car and you'll be using it on the circuit, then fair enough - and it's gonna be a bit, umm, quick. So no there's no need for any more argument, and no hard feelings I hope, as there were certainly no death wishes being thrown around.

I'm not jealous of the car, but that airstrip you mentioned... now having a decent quality airstrip within range and owned by a friend is something to get jealous about, the fun you must be able to have looning about on there.
As he said he was in the middle of nowhere at the time. Sure there are things that can happen, like wildlife or cars without lights. But he still went and did it with all the safety he could get. Personally I see very little or miniscule danger. It is far more dangerous to drive 40mph on 30mph area than it is to drive 100mph on 60mph area. To do few acceleration tests on remote highway is pretty safe, the main danger is losing your license.

There was a similar thread a while back about someone who used to race on the streets. That was dangerous, this simply isn't.
Quote from blackbird04217 :Mmm, I didn't read the YouTube comment, but really what is it with people doing this crap on the streets... I've had a friend die, and also knew someone who killed his friend and can't live life the same since its with him everyday. Not to mention the other innocent lives that are destroyed or worse in the event that something goes wrong, and they will... Race at a track where the environment is appropriate for it, and more importantly there are no innocent lives at risk.

He only went up to 140kph, that's surely under the speed limit, assuming hes on a highway?
Quote from BlueFlame :He only went up to 140kph, that's surely under the speed limit, assuming hes on a highway?

It's MPH, or miles per hour. That's 225km/h.
AJP's right about the vastness that can be found in the states. I think 40 miles without seeing anyone at 0300 in the morning is an understatement if anything, you can drive hours on back roads without seeing a single person, or animal for that matter.

I have done my share of testing in the middle of the night; it's risky, but not as dangerous as driving to work every day. His risk of crashing literally lasts seconds as he was probably only above the speed limit for a maximum of 20 seconds at any one go.

Then there is the point that AJP made about road rallies that happen in the middle of the night here in the UK. Now those are dangerous, while they are timed stages so that you cannot cross the line before a certain time, most people sit at the line for a bit so they can run through the states quickly where they are carrying speed for much longer stints at a time, on smaller, twistier roads, and where there is more potential traffic( although I think the roads get shut down for this period) If you feel the need to rant about how dangerous this is I would suggest sending a letter to your local car club asking them to stop these rallies instead, you have a much stronger argument with them.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :*snip*

Road rallies are properly organised by a local motorsports club and will have all the proper arrangements with local police.
Ah, proof of how perfect you folks in the UK are compared to us losers in the US.....

This is a US highway. There are NO pedestrians. People do NOT walk along side the highways. There are NO cars pulling off one road onto a highway. There are exit and entrance ramps of which you merge on and off the highway using the rightmost lane. I can see there is plenty of lights, of which you can see plenty far ahead for any encounter of other vehicles.

If what he did on a deserted highway late at night in the US is dangerous, I suggest they put a 65 mph speed limit on the autobahn because it is just too dangerous. You fools driving on the autobahn are a bunch of idiots! What do you think would happen if some poor young mother was trying to cross it pushing her baby in a stroller when you came barreling down the road?
Quote from mrodgers :You fools driving on the autobahn are a bunch of idiots! What do you think would happen if some poor young mother was trying to cross it pushing her baby in a stroller when you came barreling down the road?

I spat my ****ing drink all over my keyboard.
That is by far, the best thing, i have read, all month.

props to you
There aren't any women strung up on PCP running across highways in the US.
Quote from wheel4hummer :There aren't any women strung up on PCP running across highways in the US.

Only in California, usually naked too =P
Quote from hrtburnout :It's MPH, or miles per hour. That's 225km/h.

That explains why the acceleration was slow :P hahaha

Quote from mrodgers :Ah, proof of how perfect you folks in the UK are compared to us losers in the US.....

This is a US highway. There are NO pedestrians. People do NOT walk along side the highways. There are NO cars pulling off one road onto a highway. There are exit and entrance ramps of which you merge on and off the highway using the rightmost lane. I can see there is plenty of lights, of which you can see plenty far ahead for any encounter of other vehicles.

If what he did on a deserted highway late at night in the US is dangerous, I suggest they put a 65 mph speed limit on the autobahn because it is just too dangerous. You fools driving on the autobahn are a bunch of idiots! What do you think would happen if some poor young mother was trying to cross it pushing her baby in a stroller when you came barreling down the road?

I actually had a high regard for you, but now, you're just like every other American, you think your country is SO different from everyone elses? Every country that HAS a Freeway/Motorway has on and off ramps, you are clearly retarded. Speeding on any road is dangerous, regardless of pedestrians, even I (seemingly the most hated human on this forum) knows that. It's not SPEED that kills, it's one instance of speed, when everything else is at the speed limit. If your boys mustang here is travelling at 140 and your average motorrist is just over the limit at 75, he will aproach the rear of these vehicles extremely quickly, travelling at TWICE their speed. It doesn't need explaining as far as how a crash can occur, because being American, you WILL know how to crash.
Quote from BlueFlame :I actually had a high regard for you, but now, you're just like every other American, you think your country is SO different from everyone elses? Every country that HAS a Freeway/Motorway has on and off ramps, you are clearly retarded. Speeding on any road is dangerous, regardless of pedestrians, even I (seemingly the most hated human on this forum) knows that. It's not SPEED that kills, it's one instance of speed, when everything else is at the speed limit.

There was nobody else.

If your boys mustang here is travelling at 140 and your average motorrist is just over the limit at 75, he will aproach the rear of these vehicles extremely quickly, travelling at TWICE their speed.

There were no other vehicles.

It doesn't need explaining as far as how a crash can occur, because being American, you WILL know how to crash.

You should've read the thread with more attention. His area was completely empty. The highway he drove on is nothing like the average UK highway/double carriageway.
Quote from hrtburnout :You should've read the thread with more attention. His area was completely empty. The highway he drove on is nothing like the average UK highway/double carriageway.

What if he passes over dust or dampness, his rears light up (cos he IS running a supercharger) and he spins off into the end of an onramp, hitting a car joining the freeway?
Quote from BlueFlame :What if he passes over dust of dampness, his rears light up (cos he IS running a supercharger) and he spins off into the end of an onramp, hitting a car joining the freeway?

Hmkay. Good point. Not that I have ever heard of spinning over dusts of dampness.
Quote from hrtburnout :Hmkay. Good point. Not that I have ever heard of spinning over dusts of dampness.

DON'T MOCK ME, I'm tiredes
People who are arguing about he might of hit a pedestrian: HA
When I'm driving down the freeway over here at 120 km/h (legal speed), I doubt any pedestrian jumping on the road would ever survive, that's why it's a freeway anyways: you don't walk on it!

I don't really see a lot of trouble with this, okay, it's not safe and it's illegal, but come on, there is a lot worse things happening out there.

And if you think speeding is bad and such, at legal speeds you can kill other people and yourself too, this is one of the cases I'd put as: stay in your house, get all the walls padded and go sit in the middle! But watch out you don't fall over, you might get carpet burn from the padding.
Quote from sgt.flippy :People who are arguing about he might of hit a pedestrian: HA
When I'm driving down the freeway over here at 120 km/h (legal speed), I doubt any pedestrian jumping on the road would ever survive, that's why it's a freeway anyways: you don't walk on it!

I don't really see a lot of trouble with this, okay, it's not safe and it's illegal, but come on, there is a lot worse things happening out there.

And if you think speeding is bad and such, at legal speeds you can kill other people and yourself too, this is one of the cases I'd put as: stay in your house, get all the walls padded and go sit in the middle! But watch out you don't fall over, you might get carpet burn from the padding.

There were two Swedish girls, in the UK, they both ran across the motorway, one destroyed a VW Polo '06, at about 100-120kph and survived, and the other was ran over by a Mercedes Actros (Truck/Semi) With trailer in tow at 80kph, and SHE survived too, the truck wheel actually ran over her legs. So, you're wrong, it is possible. It's been proven.
Source http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=_LCQkSst5iQ
Secondary Source http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/qu ... qid=20081006014916AAA4pzQ
It may seem he's innocent, doing it on the highway etc, etc. But look at his other videos, to see what he really does and where.
Quote from BlueFlame :There were two Swedish girls, in the UK, they both ran across the motorway, one destroyed a VW Polo '06, at about 100-120kph and survived, and the other was ran over by a Mercedes Actros (Truck/Semi) With trailer in tow at 80kph, and SHE survived too, the truck wheel actually ran over her legs. So, you're wrong, it is possible. It's been proven.
Source http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=_LCQkSst5iQ
Secondary Source http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/qu ... qid=20081006014916AAA4pzQ

Anyone can get lucky, in general you wouldn't survive. And apparently they were charged with murder, so too bad they didn't get killed really?

And I've heard of pepole getting hit at almost a standstill, falling with their head in a wrong way and they were killed.
Quote from sgt.flippy :Anyone can get lucky, in general you wouldn't survive. And apparently they were charged with murder, so too bad they didn't get killed really?

And I've heard of pepole getting hit at almost a standstill, falling with their head in a wrong way and they were killed.

Yes, people have been killed tripping over their own feet too.
Quote from samforey12345 :It may seem he's innocent, doing it on the highway etc, etc. But look at his other videos, to see what he really does and where.

must say I am impressed.
Quote from Shotglass :obvious comment if you consider the flag next to my nick but what exactly is so special about 120mph at night on a motorway?

Well stock the car's top speed is between 170-180. I've seen video's of Terminators hitting 170 easily, but they don't push any more. I've also seen it listed as 180, I'm not sure, I've only once pushed it to 160, which is the redline in 5th gear. The same night I did the G-tech run.
Quote from Krane :Except the one he couldn't see and he hit and left the the poor mother with out a child. While he should have go speed on a track like everybody else, like me.

Dude, do you even read through the posts? I race at the track all the ****ing time! I'm so sick of explaining this, it was a TEST OF THE G-TECH. How the hell can I be anymore clear, goddamn haters. Do something else with your time if you're not gonna read the posts and post nonsense.
This thread is closed

Made my first G-tech run with my 03 Cobra
(130 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG