The online racing simulator
Made my first G-tech run with my 03 Cobra
(130 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Scrabby :Not true, if i drive against 1km/h and you fall of a cliff and the car explodes and you get crushed etc.. u die to

Go stand in the middle of a racetrack, and try to get hit by a car.
obvious comment if you consider the flag next to my nick but what exactly is so special about 120mph at night on a motorway?
Quote from Klutch :Yeah, pretty much this.

If the road is deserted i don't really see the harm in having a bit of fun, only person you'll hurt is yourself is something goes wrong, and it was your choice to do so.

Ok, I drive occasionally bit too fast than the limits permits on quiet windy roads or roads in general......... But think of a corner/chicane/anything on public roads you'd have bit too much fun and then things go only tiny bit wrong, I mean no crash or offroad experiences... Then think if a child was somewhere in there in the middle of the road without a luminous/flashing badges, would you have managed to stop your vehicle in time?

Not too long ago, I was driving home from a gig through a windy road (the one I like much more than the more direct alternative full of gatsos) I had a almost a near-miss with a cat which I saw a kilometer away thanks to high-beams I often have on on dark areas even if the road has streetlights.

In other words, like my driving instructor chasten me driving back from my passed driving test, driving too fast, you need to be able to stop in the stretch of road you can see.
To those that are upset at what I did...I dunno what to say. I drove miles away from any town, there was absolutely no chance of pedestriants, and I could see a good half mile ahead of me, there were no hills in the road. I have a good HID lights, not that it's "perfectly" safe, but I could see a very long distance. Also, unless you've been in a car as quick as this one, with brembo's, you haven no idea how quickly I can hit 120 and slow back down. It was entirely safe.

I admit it wasn't best judgement, but I don't think I should be hated on for it.

And finally, I take offense to the few of you who think I posted it just to show off. I posted to show the G-tech, it's awesome, and I thought some of you may want to see how dope it is. I have no need to show off, I race a Pocono Raceway all the time, do I record it and post it and brag about how cool I am?? Give me a break please, I meant no harm, and absolutely didn't intend to offfend anyone here. I love this place, I love LFS, and I love being a part of this community.

I don't plan to do this every night, keep in mind, although you say reckless, it was a one time thing, and I took far more precaution than most ever would. It was a brand new roadway, barely used at all, and no traffic at all at night. I need not worry about traffic behind me, as u saw I can hit 60 in 4.5, so my only concern was traffic ahead, and the roadway was very well light, all brand new lights, all the way down for miles, plus my HID's, you have no idea how safe it was. I took no time at all to reach 120(less actually I only hit 117 the G-tech was off on speed, not time tho, as I've run 12.60's at the track in good conditions, not that 3mph matters, but) and even less time to slow down with the oversized brembo's.

I'm just sayin, don't hate on me, it's done and over with, it was a one time thing to test the G-tech (which was a fantastic investment by the way). I spend all my time at Pocono and my local drag strip with my friends(although I don't drag race my car's setup for circuit). Anyways, I apologize I offended some of you.

Lastly, this post was not intended to -show off-, I'm sure many of you have dope cars, I was just excited about my new car(which took 5 years to save for, worked my a$$ off to get it) and the G-tech, which I think is the most badass piece of hardware I've ever bought....besides the QX9650 I got early for Xmas.
Quote from nihil :Physically impossible? You are rather overstating the case for the purposes of (melo)dramatic effect.

It's rather difficult to anticipate something you can't see, i.e. at night, out of the range of your headlights, at a speed where you can't even move your foot to the brake pedal before covering the distance illuminated by your lights.
Quote from Shotglass :obvious comment if you consider the flag next to my nick but what exactly is so special about 120mph at night on a motorway?

Nothing, really. But I thought this discussion was about the OP's activities. He's not on a motorway - I doubt you'd consider stopping your car in order to check your 1/4 mile time on an autobahn. Motorways have no junctions other than blended sliproads and of course the directions of traffic are separated, which makes it infinitely safer to do 120mph on a deserted motorway than anywhere else, and pretty retarded to do 120mph at night on anything that isn't a motorway.
Quote from Krane :you need to be able to stop in the stretch of road you can see.

Exactly. Obviously not practical on an unlit motorway, but on any other roads it's certainly safe to say you should always at least be able to make a significant reaction in the road you can see.
To those that are upset at what I did...I dunno what to say. I drove miles away from any town, there was absolutely no chance of pedestriants, and I could see a good half mile ahead of me, there were no hills in the road. I have a good HID lights, not that it's "perfectly" safe, but I could see a very long distance. Also, unless you've been in a car as quick as this one, with brembo's, you haven no idea how quickly I can hit 120 and slow back down. It was entirely safe.

I admit it wasn't best judgement, but I don't think I should be hated on for it.

And finally, I take offense to the few of you who think I posted it just to show off. I posted to show the G-tech, it's awesome, and I thought some of you may want to see how dope it is. I have no need to show off, I race a Pocono Raceway all the time, do I record it and post it and brag about how cool I am?? Give me a break please, I meant no harm, and absolutely didn't intend to offfend anyone here. I love this place, I love LFS, and I love being a part of this community.

I don't plan to do this every night, keep in mind, although you say reckless, it was a one time thing, and I took far more precaution than most ever would. It was a brand new roadway, barely used at all, and no traffic at all at night. I need not worry about traffic behind me, as u saw I can hit 60 in 4.5, so my only concern was traffic ahead, and the roadway was very well light, all brand new lights, all the way down for miles, plus my HID's, you have no idea how safe it was. I took no time at all to reach 120(less actually I only hit 117 the G-tech was off on speed, not time tho, as I've run 12.60's at the track in good conditions, not that 3mph matters, but) and even less time to slow down with the oversized brembo's.

I'm just sayin, don't hate on me, it's done and over with, it was a one time thing to test the G-tech (which was a fantastic investment by the way). I spend all my time at Pocono and my local drag strip with my friends(although I don't drag race my car's setup for circuit). Anyways, I apologize I offended some of you.

Lastly, this post was not intended to -show off-, I'm sure many of you have dope cars, I was just excited about my new car(which took 5 years to save for, worked my a$$ off to get it) and the G-tech, which I think is the most badass piece of hardware I've ever bought....besides the QX9650 I got early for Xmas.
Quote from DHRammstein :-snip-

You don't have to justify how/why/when you drove like that. That's entirely your choice, and you'd be the one who has to live with yourself (And possibily your new best jailbuddy should you actually get caught/kill someone) should you either crash or hit a pedestrian.

I'm sure all of us (myself included) have driven irresponsibily at one point or another at least once on the public roads.

The only people you'd have to explain yourself to is the local plod.

Everyone else : Get off his case.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :You don't have to justify how/why/when you drove like that. That's entirely your choice, and you'd be the one who has to live with yourself (And possibily your new best jailbuddy should you actually get caught/kill someone) should you either crash or hit a pedestrian.

And that's where you're making a mistake. There were no pedestrians. He could see far ahead
Quote from hrtburnout :And that's where you're making a mistake. There were no pedestrians. He could see far ahead

Except the one he couldn't see and he hit and left the the poor mother with out a child. While he should have go speed on a track like everybody else, like me.
Quote from Jakg :
On a long staight deserted road at night it is more dangerous to do 100 than to do 50, but at the same time it's a hell of a lot more dangerous to do 40 - 45 through a 30 MPH village, and yet people seem to do that all the time.

I think the danger traveling a well bellow the natural flow speed of a road is far greater than driving above it, driving fast the chances are you will be much more alert concentrate a lot better, naturally be in control of the car rather than bimbling along and will be much more attentive to any other traffic on the road. Of course the consequences are much greater should something go wrong without warning, but the chances of that are pretty remote.

Quote from Jakg :I think the point is that in Europe most of our roads are narrow and windy, however in America there a hell of a lot more direct. On my route to School (and work) I can only think of one area where it would be safe to go over 80 and thats on a dual carriageway - whereas there is NOTHING on that road and it's dead straight.

I think it is perfectly safe to do that kind of speed down empty country roads, the majority of accidents are caused by overtaking attempts and poor concentration, not from driving at high speed, anybody who uses the speed limit to give any kind of indication as to what is a safe speed shouldn't be allowed near a car, they really are a waste of time and shouldn't be necessary. A frighteningly large number of people seem to think that driving at 60 down an B road without question, reading the road or conditions is 'safe' because it is the speed limit. These are also the kind of people who tell you that driving at double the speed limit on a clear stretch of road with few hazards will result in instant death.

Quote from Jakg :i.e. if your wheels broke (my Dad has literally had the wheels brake off a car before)

If your wheels fall off your car then you've got a serious issue, but it isn't excessive speed.

Quote from squidhead :
Explaining what I have in mind - P Zero Nero is just a tire.... it's not Michelin PAX Run Flat tire, nor is it P Zero the Hero (stupidest name ever) run flat tire...

Run flat tyres will be of very little use in a violent deformation of the tyre, particularly if it is caused by something ripping through it. The car will still be unstabled, if the car is traveling in a straight line the effect of a blow out should be pretty minimal so long as the car can keep within the confines of the road and not crash into anything. When I had a blow out at 60mph nothing much happened, there was no real difficulty in keeping the car from traveling into oncoming traffic, of course the in attentive driver who is traveling dangerously slowly will still get a blow out from hitting an object and if they take there time to wake up in a panic are probably more likely to drive head on into another car.
#86 - Jakg
OT - Pet hate - Dead straight road, speed limit is 60, safe to do 60 if not 70 - so he does 40. Comes to an S-Bend (where you really shouldn't do over 30). Does 40. Comes into a village with kids playing and a 30 MPH limit. Does 40. Gets on a dead-straight bit of road. Does 40.

GAH!
Quote from ajp71 :if the car is traveling in a straight line the effect of a blow out should be pretty minimal so long as the car can keep within the confines of the road and not crash into anything. When I had a blow out at 60mph nothing much happened

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Naa3qhFUlUE
Quote from Krane :Except the one he couldn't see and he hit and left the the poor mother with out a child. While he should have go speed on a track like everybody else, like me.

Dude why would pedestriants be nearly 40 miles from anywhere on a highway, with a gigantic median, plus huge hills to each side, and the north bound direction was really far, with a huge hill and thick woods. My visibility was fantastic, have you ever seen a $800 HID setup? Pluss all the lights were knew, I don't think you understand how quickly my car accelerates and slows down, I can stop from 120 in about 8 seconds...

I'm sick of you guys talkin $hit, it was perfectly safe, bottom line, YOU WERE NOT THERE, so you don't know, so it's ignorant of you to make assumptions of how dangerous it was.

So, let me guess, you've never broken the law? I'm getting fed up with the hating, I'll never post such a video on here, it's incredible how many babies start crying. And to be honest, I think there's more to this than me just speeding, I think you have other issues, you think I'm such a rich american. The cars in my sig I bought at auction at incredible prices, and did ALL the work myself, this Cobra I saved for years. Freakin hater, get a life, find something better to do than flame ppl on the internet.
Quote from STROBE :http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Naa3qhFUlUE

If you didn't notice it was tipping it down with rain and the car very nearly stayed in control, I think it is safe to assume that had that happened in dry conditions with a competent driver the car would not have lost control. That aside the fact the driver was alert meant the actual collision was reduced to far less than what an inattentive driver would have had at half the speed.
Quote from DHRammstein :Dude why would pedestriants be nearly 40 miles from anywhere on a highway,

I have no effin idea, but some day they will be, maybe not when it's your turn, before or after you, or then it might just be you.

Quote from DHRammstein :So, let me guess, you've never broken the law?

I have, countless times, will do so in the future. But before doing so I try to think of the risks, is this a residential road, an empty road, is the time of day so that there are no traffic/children going to home from school, is it the time of day of low human traffic but still low on animal traffic?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :So, this G-tech deserves a whole thread to itself?

weird. I really dont care about that thing in your car But your car really is awesome, even without that G-tech

I like your boobs
Quote from Krane :I have no effin idea, but some day they will be, maybe not when it's your turn, before or after you, or then it might just be you.

I have, countless times, will do so in the future. But before doing so I try to think of the risks, is this a residential road, an empty road, is the time of day so that there are no traffic/children going to home from school, is it the time of day of low human traffic but still low on animal traffic?

Whatever man, no way there would be a ped where I was, once again, you're making assumptions, you have "no" idea where I was, my god....

Dude what are you talking about? I was 40 miles from ANY town, you simply don't get it do you? Why can't you haters just let it go, you've made your point..
Quote from DHRammstein :no way there would be a ped where I was...

...you're making assumptions

I'm sorry, who's making the assumptions?

Sunshine, what you fail to realise is that ultimtely it's a public road, and I think that's what many people here have an issue with. Yes, it's in a remote area, yes you say it's lit.

But you don't know that there isn't anybody on it before you come screaming through at 120mph. You assume there isn't, but you don't know. Why? Because it's a public road.

Anybody could be there. Some farmer pulling out of a field after his GPS-controlled harvesters have been running all night until one suffered a breakdown. Some paralytically drunk college kid dropped off in the middle of nowhere as a hilarious practical joke. Fair enough if the road was lit, but it looks pretty unlit on the video, and an unlit road could contain a broken down truck with an electrical failure and no lights.

All these are very remote (even almost totally implausible) possibilities, but ultimately as a public road, they have a right to be there, and a right not to get killed by someone doing 120mph and 1/4 mile testing who is assuming that the road is clear.

The message is simple. It's good that you didn't go dragging through the town and blasting through intersections and red lights. But ultimately, keep it to the track.
Dude, what is your problem, is your ego so huge you can't let it go, do you want me to let you have the last word so you can feel good about yourself?

You simply don't understand how quickly I can accelerate and stop. Besides, it's my choice, mind your busniess, and find something better to do with your time than argue like this, the only reason I'm responding is because I'm browsing my subscribed threads, and I'm sick of you. Get over it, do something else.

Actually, you know what, you win, you're right. There, now this can end, how's that?
Anyways when my Kenne Bell 2.8 gets here, and I can get it installed, I plan to do it over the winter, it'll run like this, this car has the 2.8, the biggest KB they make:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDuLPXunHQQ Man I can't wait, should be a blast at pocono. If anyone lives near north east PA, ya can join me, they allow a passenger.
Quote from DHRammstein :You simply don't understand how quickly I can accelerate and stop. Besides, it's my choice,

A,You don't simpy undestarnd how quickly you can stop - enough to kill you and anyone you crash into.

B,If you do it it anywhere else but a designated area, it's not only your choice, you're also making the choise for the man across the table.
Quote from DHRammstein :Dude, what is your problem, is your ego so huge you can't let it go, do you want me to let you have the last word so you can feel good about yourself?

No, I don't think my ego is my problem - my problem is those who use any excuse and any assumption to do excessive speeds on public roads.

Quote from DHRammstein :You simply don't understand how quickly I can accelerate and stop.

I don't give a flying f*ck how quickly you think your car can accelerate and stop. It has nothing to do with what your car can do, but rather more to do with how quickly you can react (assuming you're not Superman), and most of all, how quickly anyone else in your path can react.

At the end of the day, you're the one getting extremely defensive. I thought my post was quite reasonable - it acknowledged that it could have been much worse if you'd been doing it in a less appropriate area, but that it's still a public road and just isn't ever totally appropriate. But your response just confirms the stereotype I was suspecting all along. You're 27 and a father, but have the "I can react/drive quicker than anything in my path" attitude of a 17 year old. Grow up.
Quote from DHRammstein :Anyways when my Kenne Bell 2.8 gets here, and I can get it installed, I plan to do it over the winter, it'll run like this, this car has the 2.8, the biggest KB they make:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDuLPXunHQQ Man I can't wait, should be a blast at pocono. If anyone lives near north east PA, ya can join me, they allow a passenger.

If you're using all that performance on a track? Honestly?
That's seriously impressive. The acceleration just doesn't let off until the revs run out. I'm not interested in the American V8/drag racing/quarter mile scene, but that must be a serious buzz to drive, and I can see why you'd work hard and save towards experiencing that kind of thrill.

If you're using all that performance on the public road? Honestly?
I'll clap if you kill yourself under a truck trailer. Because at least then you've taken yourself out before you kill the person/people/family you didn't see.
Quote from STROBE :
At the end of the day, you're the one getting extremely defensive. I thought my post was quite reasonable - it acknowledged that it could have been much worse if you'd been doing it in a less appropriate area, but that it's still a public road and just isn't ever totally appropriate. But your response just confirms the stereotype I was suspecting all along. You're 27 and a father, but have the "I can react/drive quicker than anything in my path" attitude of a 17 year old. Grow up.

TBH I say so what? The risk of injuring yourself let alone somebody else on a straight piece dual carriageway with clear visibility in the middle of no where is so remote not to worry about, you're far more likely to hit someone or something as you drive innocently around town minding your own business. I don't think you appreciate how remote large parts of the 'states are, we simply don't have areas south of the remotest reaches of Scotland where you genuinely can drive for 40 miles without passing anything of any note. After all who here would be so opposed to legally driving down the Autobahn at this speed in the middle of the night?

The only two somewhat dodgey things done in this video are coming to a stop/meging from a standing start onto the highway (but I'm sure if visibility was good this wouldn't really be an issue) and the fact it was filmed, which is always a bit contentious and whilst I'll happily do stupid things in cars I'd rather there wasn't any quite so incriminating evidence, and definately wouldn't post it publically.

You might be horrified to hear of a sport called 'road rallying' which does produce cheap laughs and the odd spill, certainly far more dangerous than driving down an empty motorway at speeds which would be legal in certain parts of the world, still no body has banned it yet

EDIT - apparently something in this post is hugely offensive to the OP any ideas?
Quote from STROBE :No, I don't think my ego is my problem - my problem is those who use any excuse and any assumption to do excessive speeds on public roads.

I don't give a flying f*ck how quickly you think your car can accelerate and stop. It has nothing to do with what your car can do, but rather more to do with how quickly you can react (assuming you're not Superman), and most of all, how quickly anyone else in your path can react.

If you're using all that performance on a track? Honestly?
That's seriously impressive. The acceleration just doesn't let off until the revs run out. I'm not interested in the American V8/drag racing/quarter mile scene, but that must be a serious buzz to drive, and I can see why you'd work hard and save towards experiencing that kind of thrill.

If you're using all that performance on the public road? Honestly?
I'll clap if you kill yourself under a truck trailer. Because at least then you've taken yourself out before you kill the person/people/family you didn't see.

Dude, that's a very nasty comment, your last one. It was a one time thing, and the new 2.8 Kenne Bell is for track only. Also you missed a point, no big deal, there's a lot written here, but my car isn't setup for drag racing, but for circuit. It's surprising I got the numbers I did when I did the G-tech run, that's why I was so easy out of first gear, it would have spun through second gear.

The new Kenne Bell will not be used on the street, it's for the track, "I don't street race". I don't see the point in beating my car for no good reason, I want to compete on a circuit with Z06's and Porches, which is why I'm getting the 2.8. I never said I was gonna use it on the street, try to understand this G-tech run was simply a test, and my flight instructor was out of town, so I couldnt use the airstrip, which I usually use, with my other cars anyways, this one is new, haven't had the chance. I plan to race a pocono raceway, and every once in a while, drag race when my car club meets at our local drag strip, although I don't plan on winning, they're all setup for drag racing, suspensions, slicks, all that. I don't really like drag racing, but I participate to have fun with my friends.

Anyways, what you said is downright sick, and regardless of what I did, that's a really disgusting thing to say, to wish death on someone. I did it once, and it's over with, you act like I do this every day, it was -only- to test my G-tech, that's it, and IMO and my passenger, it was safe.

Perhaps I used bad judgement in the end, but I think the negative, and down right nasty responces need to stop, it's getting out of hand, so please, can you just stop. This is getting awfully ugly, and I'm sure the moderaters are getting fed up.

Why can't this just stop? No offense, but it seems the only reason you continue is you must be jealous of my car, why else would you continue posting after you've made your point. I'll even admit you're right, it was irresponsible, and it was a one time thing, I wanted to see how my car would run since it's not setup for drag racing, and I was very happy to pull a 4.5 0-60, which normally would require buying a 60k+ dollar car.

Please, stop this nonsense, you made your point, and I'm listening, there's nothing more to discuss. For god sake, just stop. I'm so incredibly disgusted with your last remark, I want this to stop, I don't let internet ego nonsense get under my skin, but at the same time I don't like being flamed on a board which I love as much as this one. So, please, just leave it as it is, there's nothing more you can do to make your point, I get it, now let it go.
Oh dear, I'll bet you wish you'd never posted now Oh LOL you'd never guess this was the 'LIVE FOR SPEED' forum. Give the chap a break guys
This thread is closed

Made my first G-tech run with my 03 Cobra
(130 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG