The online racing simulator
Post your car history!
(81 posts, started )
Delete
I got ripped for posting my car history before, but since everyone else did, I'll post mine.

1997 VW Golf GTI VR6 (Brembo's all around, heads, 268 cams, FK Silverline Suspension W/ adjustable height and dampers, Euro front end, smoked marker lights, 10" momo wheel, recaros, 18" Konig wheels, stg 3 clutch, much more)

1995 Saab 2.0T (Stage 3 Turbo kit, racing clutch, special tranny mounts, suspension W/ adjustable height and dampers, racing brakes, Viggen spoiler, 18" wheels, racing head/cams, Viggen intercooler, Custom paint)

1999 Mustang GT 35TH Anniversary Limited Edition no. 2013 (Vortech Supercharger(cetrifugal) brakes, stock susension, ford racing heads/cams/upper-lower intakes manifold-plenumW/spacer-70mm TB T3650 Trans-stg 2 clutch- 50 shot-only used at drag strip-slicks for the strip)

2003 Cobra Terminator (Stock atm, Kenne bell 2.2 for sale, on it's way Kenne bell 2.8 W/ supporting mods, methanol kit, Custom Intercooler being made, that's it)

My Cobra and my GT next to each other, have no other pics right now of Cobra, waiting for wheels and a few other things.
This is just a whilly waving thread.
#3 - Jakg
Edit: Nevermind, I guess I'm too used to auto websites, though I thought it would be cool to see other peoples car histories. Oh well.
Quote from DHRammstein :Edit: Nevermind, I guess I'm too used to auto websites, though I thought it would be cool to see other peoples car histories. Oh well.

Yeah but when you're only 27 and are showing off a long list of highly tuned cars that you've owned, most people's reaction will probably just be "rich bastard showing off".

Especially for those coming from a European/British background, where a catalogue of cars such as yours would only be achieved by lottery winners and the occasional young internet entrepreneur. Of course it's easy for us to forget that in the US, cars cost about $5.47, about $0.87 to insure, and about $0.35 a year to run.

I may be exaggerating slightly there, but I suspect the car culture in America is very foreign to us on this side of the pond, given how many American kids seem to think they're entitled to a car when they're 16, and how in nice suburbs, a sizeable number of families have more cars than drivers.
#6 - Osco
89 Dodge Ram 1500

Gotta love Dodge's 360 with the 4 speed, 60MPH in first gear! Gotta love the burnouts =) So much infact we had to replace the rear end 3 times, damn spider gears kept exploding. The last time it broke we sheared the pinion shaft just after the splines.

88 Pontiac Lemans

This was a fun little car. There was a corner near my house that every day coming home from school I would kick out the rear end on, well one of those days it was pouring rain and my Brother egged me to do it anyways. i said no the rear end will not catch like it normally does because I had just rotated the tires recently. He said do it anyways, so I did. Needless to say the rear end didn't catch and we were sideways in the road. It was a good 150 yards we fishtailed back and forth before I 'thought' I saw a huge pothole and cranked on the wheel. Luckly we were mostly strait when we hit the ditch and only bent up two wheels. I then put low-pro's on it and made the car handle well by using the bumpstops for springs while taking corners, fun fun. this had a 1.4 i4.

86 Cadillac Deville

My grandma's car that I drove to school often. So much infact that I tore 3 of the 4 motor mounts doing burnouts with it. Gotta love the 4.1 v8 =)

1994 Yamaha Seca II

Not much to say about this bike, it was fun, not a ton of power, but stuck well. I went down once when I crested a hill to find a corner filled with sand.

1986 Chevy Surban

The last of my school driving vehicles. It had the 350 in it with a posi rear end. This could do some wicked burnouts too... until my grandma put it into a 20" fencepost while driving in the snow. She took a corner and the posi hit in and she just spun.

90’ Mazda 323

First car I had in the UK. Paid 2k for the first year of insurance, man that was a ripoff.

96' Peugeot 306 TD

Bought this after I fried the Mazda which kept leaking coolant. (a gallon for every 15mile trip) A very slow car and plowed better than a snowtruck, helped me build confidence in running the limit of traction as I knew I wouldn't spin around when I did, just go strait, let off and traction came back, no worries.

Peterbilt Strait Truck

This was my work truck I drove for 6 months, not this one exactly, the one I drove was a tanker. Man I miss not having to use the clutch to shift.

2005 Dodge SRT-4 ACR

My 'baby' I couldn't afford a 'real' sportscar so I bought one of these new. Decided with the ACR in the end and it's the best money I have ever spent. See other threads for more specifics on the SRT and why I like it so much.

Ahh Strobe your just jealous =) I don't see this as a 'willy wag' just interesting to see the different cars people have driven and it just happens that someone that has had some nice cars has posted first.

None of those cars the thread creator mentioned are particularly expensive. The reason why the Stang is a little in Europe is because of getting the Mustangs into Europe costs a bit of cash and of course there is always markup involved. There is nothing special about a VR6 and can be bought for cheap. Not saying they are not great cars but IMO you are vastly overestimating their monetary value.

It's not any cheaper running cars in the states, it just appears that way because more people have money to spend on things they want, instead of the government squeezing every penny out. Things are changing though and see how it is in a few years.
#8 - robt
dont worry chris, youll buy a decent car one day

Just had my capri n thats it, dont want more
Quote from STROBE :Yeah but when you're only 27 and are showing off a long list of highly tuned cars that you've owned, most people's reaction will probably just be "rich bastard showing off".

Especially for those coming from a European/British background, where a catalogue of cars such as yours would only be achieved by lottery winners and the occasional young internet entrepreneur. Of course it's easy for us to forget that in the US, cars cost about $5.47, about $0.87 to insure, and about $0.35 a year to run.

I may be exaggerating slightly there, but I suspect the car culture in America is very foreign to us on this side of the pond, given how many American kids seem to think they're entitled to a car when they're 16, and how in nice suburbs, a sizeable number of families have more cars than drivers.

I live in quite possibly one of the richest suburbs in my part of the country (only went to uni in Newark) yet have only had:

1994 Pontiac Bonneville (4-speed auto)
- Date of ownership: October 2002 - June 2005
- hand-me-down from my brother, exclusively for getting me back and forth to school and work, that was the agreement with my parents since they paid for everything on this car including fuel
- eventually died of an electrical problem with ~145,000 miles on it

2002 Kawasaki Super Sherpa
- Date of ownership: August 2003 - May 2008
- high-school graduation present from my parents, initial purchase paid for by my parents, everything else paid for by me
- sold with 7,100 miles on it (6,700 miles from me)

1994 Toyota Tercel (4-speed manual)
- Date of ownership: December 2007 - present
- first vehicle I bought for myself, paid $900, gets me back and forth to work and even tows my EX500 (see below) back and forth to the racetrack
- will probably sell soon for a small pickup truck that will allow me to get my bike to the track more easily

1990 Kawasaki EX500 (aka Ninja 500, GPZ500)
- Date of ownership: February 2008 - present
- originally planned for this to be a bike that would last me a while and get me back and forth to work, then started doing trackdays in July and found I was starting to enjoy that way more than riding on the street
- laid it down recently after hitting some oil during a race, will probably sell and put the money towards a Suzuki SV650 race bike

Shotglass doesn't call me a "closet European" for nothing.
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :Ahh Strobe your just jealous =) I don't see this as a 'willy wag' just interesting to see the different cars people have driven and it just happens that someone that has had some nice cars has posted first.

Ah but I'm not - I was trying to explain why the first couple of responses he got were about willy waving. Envious of the ability to buy cars the way most people buy clothes, possibly - although I'd probably find other things to spend it on as I'm not a huge car nut. Envious of the cars he posted? Nah, not really my cup of tea, to put it mildly. Mainly I was hoping to enlighten him as to why a wealthy American posting all his cars will naturally come across as being rather ostentatious to to the rest of us.

For the record:
1997 - 1998: Vauxhall Nova (strictly standard spec, it was no chav chariot). Think it had a lawnmower under the bonnet.
1998 - 2004: Ford Fiesta 1.25 (small but zippy and revvy)
2004 - date: Seat Ibiza 1.8T (mmm, turbo torque)
When I win the lottery: Lexus IS-F (the ultimate Q-car)

Btw Chris your Pontiac Lemans looks remarkably like a 1980's Vauxhall Astra, which I've also driven occasionally but not owned. In which case I took your "fun little cars" comment as "seriously f*cking awful".
Quote from robt :dont worry chris, youll buy a decent car one day

Just had my capri n thats it, dont want more

Hehe.

One day I will, but not anytime soon now that I am a Daddy. No complaints, happier than I ever could be, but one day...

Hehe they are one and the same with a Different engine. GM shared BP's for the Lemans with Vauxall. The suspension wasn't the best but I put some huge tires on it and some good brakes. Once you fully compressed the suspension it was a fun car to drive =) I didn't see the initial post before editing so I don't know what was said.
Opel Vectra 240hp z20let engine.

That was it
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Opel Vectra 240hp z20leh engine.

That was it

Are you sure it's not a 140bhp engine instead?

On topic though: I don't own/have owned a car. I've had quite a few bicycles in my short life, but I think that's not worth mentioning
z20let I meant.

200hp.

sorry, no 240. I always thought that it was 240 because of the engine name I always got confused about it.

I only need to fix a good set of rims and the whole exhaust.
erm i've driven a skoda octavia if that counts
Quote from Luke.S :erm i've driven a skoda octavia if that counts

What model/year?

I've also driven a Octavia but it was automatic.
#17 - Jakg
Quote from Luke.S :erm i've driven a skoda octavia if that counts

on a thread about "post your car history", then no, it doesn't count...
I have a bicycle, does that count?

Other than that I drive my parent's Peugeot 307 estate or crappy mk1 Toyota Yaris sometimes...
Quote from Takumi_lfs :What model/year?

I've also driven a Octavia but it was automatic.

It is an octvia classic

Y reg so i think that is around 2000
And it was a manual
Quote from Jakg :on a thread about "post your car history", then no, it doesn't count...

That is his car history. Had the title been "Post your car ownership history" then.....
Quote from STROBE :Yeah but when you're only 27 and are showing off a long list of highly tuned cars that you've owned, most people's reaction will probably just be "rich bastard showing off".

You're exaggerating a bit more than slightly, how would you know what it costs me to insure my car, and maintain them? It's in the thousands, not cents, I can't stand ppl like you, do me a favor, never visit the U.S., your attitude will get you stomped out.

Here in the states it's perfectly normal, I guess I should sensor what I type simply because the euro's can't handle it? And I'm NOT RICH, these cars are all cheap, except my new one, which I worked my a$$ off for. Regardless I was never given anything, I finished college got a job and and cars have been a hobby since, I'm not one of those rich kids that had everythign handed to him, I come from an average familiy. You call me a showoff, well that just reveals your jealousy, which is even more pathetic is it not? What is it with you people, un F'ing real, you can't handle a damn thing if someone has something nice. God forbid anyone on this forum buys a nice car, they're automatically a showoff. I work for my $hit, so keep your ignorant comments to yourself, not my fault you drive a rust bucket from the 60's. And since you're such a douche about it, maybe I should make fun of the hillarious cars your country produces. God I hope all Brits aren't like you, so bitter and depressed.
Yeah a lot of it is how you save and where you choose to spend your money too... some people might say 'wow you must have a lot of money to have that car' but at the same time they will spend $100 per weekend going out drinking.... Someone who is more careful with their money could easily put away a chunk each month and end up with enough to get a nice car after a couple of years.

Another thing I notice is that if someone has an SUV or truck that cost say $50k nobody will really think 'woah they must be loaded!' but if someone has say a couple of year old 911 or nsx or something that they picked up for $50k, people will have a different attitude and think they're rich and showing off their money. When all it is is that they have different priorities from the person with the SUV, and spend their money differently.

Anyway my car history is pretty simple!

Bought a '90 Miata in 2001, and still have it now! Bought it with 90,000km on the clock, now it has 240,000km. Been my daily driver for 7 years, and my autocross car for the last three. I've abused the heck out of it and it's not given me any trouble at all!

Also bought a Kawasaki 650R motorcycle last year, and have put 19,000km on that since I got it. Starting to do motorcycle track days now, just did one this year but I'm looking forward to doing a few of them next year.
1987 Lada 2105, been taken apart, dont really know where it is
something like this:
http://free.x3.hu/raczdavid/Kepek/LADA2105.jpe

1996 T4 2.4D Transporter, longest, heighest version.
http://img368.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010026uk5.jpg

1990 Ford Thunderbird SC 5spd
Moneyeating project. Taken apart, gonna be repainted soon.

1990 Ford Thunderbird SC 35th Anny 5spd
http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dc080524001bw9.jpg

Well, thats it. None of them works tbh . The VW starts actually, but doesnt have papers. Oh, and in total they are under 5000€. And I drive my moms 1.4 Polo.
2006-Summer '08: 2002 Ford Fiesta Freestyle with 1.25 Zetec.
Quick for the engine size and fun for a spirited drive.

Summer '08-Current: 2001 Ford Puma 1.6
Feels effortless around town, quick on the straights and the grip is immense on the twisties. My first 'sport coupe', love it.

Fiesta and Puma side by side

Next: Mazda MX-5 in 2 years hopefully...
My first car was Fiesta MK1 (Brush painted in dark Blue) written off

Second Car - Fiesta MK1 in pale green

Third Car
(my baby) - Peugeot 205Gti 1.6 which became a 1.9 a year on retaining the closer ratio 1.6 box. It was a little rocket .
(almost forgot I drove a 1.0 Brown Mini as a 2nd car whilst owning the Gti)

Fourth Car - Little black MINI mayfair which was cool, I once got 10 people in & on it but that unfortunately ripped the rear swing arm off when we went over a small bump in a Cornish field

Fifth Car - Another 205gti 1.6 . Was nice but could not afford to keep running it.

Since then i've owned & driven:

205 Diesel written off
405 Turbo Diesel x2
MG Maestro 2.0 beast!
AX Gti
VW Polo 1.0
Citroen Xantia written off

So thats 13 different Cars since I passed my test a few months b4 I was 18. At the moment I ride a 125cc Motorbike as it's the cheapest way to get around.

Post your car history!
(81 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG