The online racing simulator
If the world could vote
(141 posts, started )
Quote from chanoman315 :if he wins you'll see...ftr, the latin americans that go illegal into your country maintain the economy of your country

They've not been doing to good a job lately then have they !
And I thought it was just the buildings they maintained!

Man I can sense the incoming hate already.
Touché, becky

And concerning the whole nazi-brainwashing thing: how can anybody be surprised by that? The US of A uses a lot propaganda similar to nazi germany since before Wernher von Braun became an American...

Disclaimer: the METHODS are the same, not the IDEOLOGY. (allthough since GWB, the US kind of got closer to a fascist police state, from what I know.)
Quote from Bandit77 :

it's amazing how many people "know" who's the better president for the states, yet they elect stupid pricks in their own country.

Exactly
Quote from Becky Rose :Yeah and the hard liners of the other lot are Christian fundamentalists. The world is full of extremists, even in America.

Even in America? They practically invented extremism!
Quote from flymike91 :Please explain to me what Mccain has said that makes you think he is a racist? Remember when you answer that his daughter is adopted from Bangladesh. Please, I'd be delighted to know...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/ ... ve/2000/02/18/MN32194.DTL

Quote :"I hate the gooks, I will hate them as long as I live."

Yeah, there's mitigating factors behind it, but still if he'd call anyone - no matter how evil - a 'nígger' would he get away with it? On the last debate he only barely didn't say that, he called Obama 'that one'.
I don't think you can call being tortured "mitigating factors", I have used worse language to describe BMW drivers that don't indicate!
i would vote for oboma becuase i think the US needs a change and i think he will do it best. Current stats are
Barack Obama 87.4% (127776 votes)
John McCain 12.6% (18387 votes)

Total number of votes: 146164
Countries voted from: 183
How many times can you vote in this "poll"? Is everyone in the world represented in this poll or is it only people who visit sites such as this?

Why is it, everyone on the internet is for Obama (I'm talking US here, on other forums), yet everyone I talk to personally is against Obama.

Obama is "for change". But what is the change and is it for the better or for the worse? I'm doing just fine holding a job at an employer who pays for my medical insurance. I already dish out enough of my money to the lazy who sit at home collecting from the government, I don't need to be dishing out money for them to have health insurance also.

If we could get someone running for the presidency that is worth voting for, I could vote. As it is now and has been for years, it's just a matter of rolling the dice and going with what randomly comes up. I don't like being forced to vote for a lesser of 2 evils.

Again, internet polls are not a pole of the people, but rather a pole of the people who visit the sites on the internet.
Quote from mrodgers :How many times can you vote in this "poll"? Is everyone in the world represented in this poll or is it only people who visit sites such as this?

Why is it, everyone on the internet is for Obama (I'm talking US here, on other forums), yet everyone I talk to personally is against Obama.

Obama is "for change". But what is the change and is it for the better or for the worse? I'm doing just fine holding a job at an employer who pays for my medical insurance. I already dish out enough of my money to the lazy who sit at home collecting from the government, I don't need to be dishing out money for them to have health insurance also.

If we could get someone running for the presidency that is worth voting for, I could vote. As it is now and has been for years, it's just a matter of rolling the dice and going with what randomly comes up. I don't like being forced to vote for a lesser of 2 evils.

Again, internet polls are not a pole of the people, but rather a pole of the people who visit the sites on the internet.

It has to do with demographics. Obama voters tend to be younger people and McCain supporters tend to be dare I say "older"?
Quote from swisscosmo :i would vote for oboma becuase i think the US needs a change and i think he will do it best.

You're right, Obama will change America allright. We will be more like Canada; overtaxed with poor medical coverage. And after four years of him, America will run like hell to the polls to vote him out.

The only reason why people keep repeating this "hope and change" malarky is because beyond that, he has no substance. None. Why he is appealing now is because he is the polar opposite of the current administration, and I feel my fellow Americans are using emotions instead of critical thought in such an important election.

Traditionally, Americans are centrist thinking, leaning towards being conservative, 60% is the last count in recent memory. Obama is much too radical, like Jimmy Carter. For some who can remember Bill Clinton, he kept two terms because he was for the most part a centrist, and ran his campaigns that way.

Me, I am voting for Bob Barr, which incidentally, utterly terrifies the two majority parties here, because that will be X% that won't go to Democrat or Republican. Some say to me that I am throwing away my vote, but when I discuss with them the philosophies of a Libertarian, they come to realize how much they agree with it: less taxes, less government, stop the war, and ahere to the U.S. Constitution.
Quote from AjRose :I can't vote for either of them. It's amazing this is the best both parties could produce.

But I have a feeling whichever is elected will not be president for very long.

I would assume you are talking about McCain's oldness and Obama's being black. Right?
Quote from speed1 :It has to do with demographics. Obama voters tend to be younger people and McCain supporters tend to be dare I say "older"?

or: "yo man,lets vote for da brotha from da hood,he'll save ma ass"
that i hear,im in us also,and just like nighthawk said above,every1 i talk to in here is against obama,just becoz he is a muslim and black.I agree with the muslim part,the big and historical AMERICA's president a muslim,its just not right.And i dont get this we need change! what change? the election comes soon,and many many ppl loosing their job,the banks going to zero etc.i hope that change is not gonna be this.
Quote from e2mustang :my opinion is a muslim man for americas president is just,umm.. yea..

Why would that be bad? If anything, that would be a good thing. Think about what the leading religion is in the countries that we are having conflicts with. Also, by LAW his religion should make no difference. . .
#65 - SamH
It doesn't matter who you vote, since nobody can get anything done in the US without support from the major lobby groups like AIPAC, NRA etc - where the real political money is spent in the US. You may as well vote for Bob Barr, for all your vote counts as a US national.

As for voting Obama, I think if the world were voting anything in this internet poll it's voting for change in preference to no change.. which, incidentally is what you'll get both politically and financially from either the donkey or the elephant candidates.

The world doesn't really care about the candidates as either political figures or as personalities (an important factor in US politics), but when I talk to anyone about US politics - young, old, internet savvy or internet numpties, British or otherwise, they're all sick to the back teeth of the US shafting the rest of the world for its own lobby groups' political and financial gain. Give us a poll that intimates a choice of continuing in that fashion, or going for "change", I don't think it's a surprise to see votes hand-over-fist for change.
Quote from mrodgers :How many times can you vote in this "poll"?

Clear the cookies, and you can vote again. You can just keep clearing the cookies and voting. Or you can create some sort of bot to do it for you. I've voted twice for obama so far. I'm going to do it again except vote for McCain twice so that I even it out. Actually, I don't really care. It doesn't mean anything anyway. It's just like the real election: "Vote early and vote often."
Quote :We will be more like Canada; overtaxed with poor medical coverage

You do realise that Canada, along with Costa Rica, Columbia, and until recently Cuba - have a higher standard of medical coverage than the US don't you?
http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html
Quote from speed1 :Why would that be bad? If anything, that would be a good thing. Think about what the leading religion is in the countries that we are having conflicts with. Also, by LAW his religion should make no difference. . .

May I remind you and the forum in general again that Barack Obama is NOT a Muslim! :dunce:
Quote from jayhawk :You're right, Obama will change America allright. We will be more like Canada; overtaxed with poor medical coverage. And after four years of him, America will run like hell to the polls to vote him out.

The only reason why people keep repeating this "hope and change" malarky is because beyond that, he has no substance. None. Why he is appealing now is because he is the polar opposite of the current administration, and I feel my fellow Americans are using emotions instead of critical thought in such an important election.

Traditionally, Americans are centrist thinking, leaning towards being conservative, 60% is the last count in recent memory. Obama is much too radical, like Jimmy Carter. For some who can remember Bill Clinton, he kept two terms because he was for the most part a centrist, and ran his campaigns that way.

Me, I am voting for Bob Barr, which incidentally, utterly terrifies the two majority parties here, because that will be X% that won't go to Democrat or Republican. Some say to me that I am throwing away my vote, but when I discuss with them the philosophies of a Libertarian, they come to realize how much they agree with it: less taxes, less government, stop the war, and ahere to the U.S. Constitution.

Oh and McCain isn't? He's probbably the most false person I've ever seen on tele. See those smirks he pulls in speeches? Nah.

And yes, you are wasting your vote.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :And yes, you are wasting your vote.

It's not possible to waste ones vote. In the united states, you are permitted to vote for whomever you want. Just because you don't agree with someone does not mean that they are wrong. The only way to waste a vote is to not vote at all. But just because someone doesn't vote does not mean that they are stupid or anything.
Quote from wheel4hummer :It's not possible to waste ones vote.

yes you can
if youre gonna vote for someone who hasnt got the slightest chance of getting anywhere near 50% you might as well stay home and spend the night on your warm cozy sofa instead of the cold autumn waether on you way to the voting booth... wont make any difference other than a slightly higher voter participation
Quote from e2mustang :or: Just because he is a muslim and black. I agree with the muslim part,the big and historical AMERICA's president a muslim,its just not right.

Does that mean if you suddenly got elected to be president (or a family member) you would throw it back and say "No man this ain't right!"? just curious.

Quote from e2mustang :And i dont get this we need change! what change? the election comes soon,and many many ppl loosing their job,the banks going to zero etc.i hope that change is not gonna be this.

If you mean change will brutalize the economy even more then you I think may be wrong. It's the corrupt capitalists that have ruined thier own industry.
The capitalists have behaved like Hitler (hear me through I am not saying they are fascists). They push for the short gain and forget about the long term gain as they can juggle the numbers between hands and make it look like they have a good "ethical business". In reality they were fighting on many fronts and they took thier own businesses down, just like fascism did.
This new change could make or break America you may be the next third world country (Look at New Orleans thats practically third world still!).
Quote from Shotglass :yes you can
if youre gonna vote for someone who hasnt got the slightest chance of getting anywhere near 50% you might as well stay home and spend the night on your warm cozy sofa instead of the cold autumn waether on you way to the voting booth...

Well then no-one should vote at all. The president can't really do much anything anyway.
Quote from Shotglass :yes you can
if youre gonna vote for someone who hasnt got the slightest chance of getting anywhere near 50% you might as well stay home and spend the night on your warm cozy sofa instead of the cold autumn waether on you way to the voting booth... wont make any difference other than a slightly higher voter participation

You all have a very different thought judging on internet people who go to these sites than I have judging on what I hear from real people that are actually are going to vote because it is their actual country.
#75 - SamH
If you really want your vote to count for as much as is possible, move out of the city and into one of the Dakotas. Your vote is worth buttloads more up there. Far more than one-man-one-vote, for sure. The electoral college sure looks after those farmers!

If the world could vote
(141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG