The online racing simulator
If the world could vote
(141 posts, started )
Quote from rich uk :Does that mean if you suddenly got elected to be president (or a family member) you would throw it back and say "No man this ain't right!"? just curious.
If you mean change will brutalize the economy even more then you I think may be wrong. It's the corrupt capitalists that have ruined thier own industry.
The capitalists have behaved like Hitler (hear me through I am not saying they are fascists). They push for the short gain and forget about the long term gain as they can juggle the numbers between hands and make it look like they have a good "ethical business". In reality they were fighting on many fronts and they took thier own businesses down, just like fascism did.
This new change could make or break America you may be the next third world country (Look at New Orleans thats practically third world still!).

yes i would,i mean comon,he doesnt even have birt certificate for this country,and whats his middle name? As i know the americans the real ones,they think the same way,that a real american should be a president.im just trying to say that.
And no i dont think change will make too brutal things,but you know 3 men were already trying to take him out(i think there will be more tho :shrugbut either way,hes not the only man in that cirlce,there is many person there that have to say "yes" or "no"

Well these are just my opinions,i dont know much about politics,and i think i want more,its plenty already
#77 - SamH
Umm.. you can't be president of the US if you weren't born in the US. Believe me, I tried. I'm not sure where you get your "facts" from, but Obama is as American as any American.
#78 - wark
Quote from Krane :Yeah, there's mitigating factors behind it, but still if he'd call anyone - no matter how evil - a 'nígger' would he get away with it? On the last debate he only barely didn't say that, he called Obama 'that one'.

You got it backwards. Do you think a 19th century black slave would be criticized today for having called his white oppressors names?

No: having the appropriate personal and historical context would afford him the right to speak that way.

What we have is an historical individual who was personally affected by that small group of people he made reference to.

When the day you are abused the way they were comes, then you can invent your own derogatory terminology. Just don't use it on anyone who didn't senselessly torture you.
hey so we did the math in economy class today. To vote for Obama is to vote for repealing the bush tax cuts three times over. Every family making over $250,000 will have to give 51% of that to taxes.Thats my family. Thats most of the families in the San Francisco bay area. Higher than $500,000 and you're looking at 60% income tax. Most people who own small businesses are going to get raped. I have no idea why he is so popular in California when his insanely high taxes will hit us twice as hard as any other state.
#80 - Jakg
Every family making over £125,000? Is that per year?!
At current rates that's actually around £150k.
And only to take home half of that? £75,000? How can anyone live on such a trifling amount? It's cruel, you may as well take away their right to breathe!

Pfft.
#82 - SamH
Quote from flymike91 :I have no idea why he is so popular in California when his insanely high taxes will hit us twice as hard as any other state.

Is it possible that your economics teacher has a political bias and that there are elements in the numbers you crunched today that don't actually take into account all the components of Obama's planned changes?
wow even after the massive tax reductions thats alot more than my yearly wage (£8000ish) and thats before tax . ahh the joys of the lower class.
If there's any justice in the world, Obama wins.

But it takes only one well-executed scandal to erase his chance of presidency...

EDIT: Oh and
Quote from e2mustang :As i know the americans the real ones,they think the same way,that a real american should be a president.im just trying to say that.

You mean only a Navajo, Apache, Inca or any other of the real Americans?

Or, do you mean anyone born in the US? Last time I checked Hawaii where Obama was born is part of the US.
Attached images
imm5f578c2he5.jpg
167593_main.jpg
Quote from wark :You got it backwards. Do you think a 19th century black slave would be criticized today for having called his white oppressors names?

No: having the appropriate personal and historical context would afford him the right to speak that way.

What we have is an historical individual who was personally affected by that small group of people he made reference to.

When the day you are abused the way they were comes, then you can invent your own derogatory terminology. Just don't use it on anyone who didn't senselessly torture you.

My point was how can a president-candidate call some one names while calling names, African-American in particular, is so huge taboo in the US. Even this US made forum has common slurs denoting a black man censored.

On the other hand, if you read the quote by the letter; "I hate the gooks, I will hate them as long as I live." as opposed to 'I hate those gooks (his captors), I will hate them as long as I live.' there's a huge difference. But then again McCain never has been very good with words.
#87 - th84
Everything McSame says is like he is throwing up in his mouth. I think he would be doing much better in this election if he were a deaf/mute.

Personally, I will be voting for Obama. I just dont agree with McSame's core beliefs.
I get the impression that the republicans are talking about change because they think it will get them elected, but the democrats actually want to change things.
I can't believe no one's called e2m on the "muslim" thing. (Or "muslin" as so many ignorant folks put it.)

Or, y'know, on being a bumbling moron in general.

From wikipedia, but confirmed by most reliable sources I've read:

Quote :Obama is a Christian whose religious views have evolved in his adult life. In The Audacity of Hope, Obama writes that he "was not raised in a religious household." He describes his mother, raised by non-religious parents (whom Obama has specified elsewhere as "non-practicing Methodists and Baptists") to be detached from religion, yet "in many ways the most spiritually awakened person that I have ever known." He describes his Kenyan father as "raised a Muslim," but a "confirmed atheist" by the time his parents met, and his Indonesian stepfather as "a man who saw religion as not particularly useful." In the book, Obama explains how, through working with black churches as a community organizer while in his twenties, he came to understand "the power of the African-American religious tradition to spur social change."

If anything, the religious right should be afraid of the fact that he's probably an atheist himself, despite the fact that he goes to church for what I imagine to be purely political reasons. (Can't get elected in the US without being some flavor of Christian.)
Quote from flymike91 :hey so we did the math in economy class today. To vote for Obama is to vote for repealing the bush tax cuts three times over. Every family making over $250,000 will have to give 51% of that to taxes.Thats my family. Thats most of the families in the San Francisco bay area. Higher than $500,000 and you're looking at 60% income tax. Most people who own small businesses are going to get raped. I have no idea why he is so popular in California when his insanely high taxes will hit us twice as hard as any other state.

yeah clearly incredibly unfair:
http://chartjunk.karmanaut.com ... ntent/images/taxplans.gif

Quote from Krane :You mean only a Navajo, Apache, Inca or any other of the real Americans?

imho the best of its kind

why are you talking about the reservation of Indians to people in 2008? When the colonists don't like a certain group, we moved them. When the Germans didn't like a certain group, you killed 6 million of them in gas chambers and incinerators while their families watched in horror and breathed their ashes.

See how it feels? Don't blame modern americans for something that happened 200 years ago.

Oh and Shottie I dislike Obama's plan because it destroys the middle and upper-middle class. The small business class. I am in that class of $250k+ per year, so it directly affects me.
#92 - Jakg
I wouldn't exactly say you "moved them", you ruined their way of life, killed their source of food, turned their culture on it's head, and then killed a hell of a lot of them...
The only reason people get rich is because people with less money than them buy their products and use their services. Therefore the rich should always support the poor by paying more taxes, it's not punishing success and hard work, it's ensuring you're customers are always healthy and happy.
Quote from Jakg :I wouldn't exactly say you "moved them", you ruined their way of life, killed their source of food, turned their culture on it's head, and then killed a hell of a lot of them...

Interesting. I haven't even ever seen an indian, let alone ruined their way of life and killed any of them....
Quote from mrodgers :I haven't even ever seen an indian,

Huh ? don't you have any corner shops in America ?
Quote from Mazz4200 :Huh ? don't you have any corner shops in America ?

LOL, wrong kind of indian I don't stop at corner shops. But those indians call me all the time with credit offers
Quote from flymike91 :why are you talking about the reservation of Indians to people in 2008? When the colonists don't like a certain group, we moved them. When the Germans didn't like a certain group, you killed 6 million of them in gas chambers and incinerators while their families watched in horror and breathed their ashes.

See how it feels? Don't blame modern americans for something that happened 200 years ago.

Oh and Shottie I dislike Obama's plan because it destroys the middle and upper-middle class. The small business class. I am in that class of $250k+ per year, so it directly affects me.

You dislike Obama's plan because you're a dyed-in-the-wool neo-con stooge, as evidenced by every other post you've ever made here. But I invite you to convince me that his plan "destroys the middle and upper-middle classes."
#98 - th84
I would love to hear it also.

We probably wont though, we will only hear about who Obama had breakfast with in 1988.
Quote from Bandit77 :
It's amazing how many people "know" who's the better president for the states, yet they elect stupid pricks in their own country.

Quoted for truth.
Quote from th84 :I would love to hear it also.

We probably wont though, we will only hear about who Obama had breakfast with in 1988.

Was that around the same time that McCain was pocketing kickbacks from Lincoln Savings & Loan?

If the world could vote
(141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG