The online racing simulator
Its an annoying track, its one turn after another :/ i've pretty much mastered my line through the first two turns, then if i can keep the back end in check through 3 and the next right hander, then i'm ok up to there. Then after that its that tiny right hander followed by the hairpin, which i sometimes drift round when i turn in under braking, but i'm getting better through there. You need the line through there to get through that next shicane fast, then you can turn off a bit during the oval section, before you gotta do it all again.
Baaah I'm not having too much trouble. I love the KY2's .
I personally like that turn. Dispise the last 4 turns before the oval though. What lap times are you all running. My best was like 1:19.49 or something. Now my finger is broken from soccer/football. Will still participate, but it's hard to upshift xD
I will not reveal my true pb but its under the one posted in LFSworld which is a 1:17.7
pb so far is 1.18.0x still, but that was last night after a few pints of guiness. If I get a chance to do some laps tonight I'll probably be in 1.17s.
I'm not gunna hotlap anymore... I hotlapped around 10 laps and now focusing on race pace. I'm a little behind in the race pace for now imo. (Or at least from the race pace I want.)
Just did my first ever session at this combo on 1st onegp server, good fun :up: Wont be racing this weekend tho.

My predictions:

If you can hit the 17s in qual ( I predict low 17 for pole) and can stay under the 20s in race trim you'll do very well.

My tips for for racing here:

A) T2 (after oval turn)- can turn in very late without braking, just downshifting.

B) T10 (if you count every direction change) Long right hander- again, can turn in very late without braking and stay wide taking a very late apex. The corner tightens on exit and theres no kerb to save you. Loaded outside rear left on grass will send you into wall on right v quickly and end your race

C) Last chicane- make sure your diff and TC settings allow an easy throttle application here and your ride height is high enough to allow kerbs to be ridden without drama.
I imagine t10 is gonna be tough on race day to get consistently with gradual tire wear and decreasing fuel loads.
i would like to drive this round too my team is in with 2 drivers, but i like that track and if anyone needs a driver or there is a place as an individual driver, i really like to participate.
Quote from haelje :i would like to drive this round too my team is in with 2 drivers, but i like that track and if anyone needs a driver or there is a place as an individual driver, i really like to participate.

Oi ! Robybobey ! Ahem ! Pay attention to this !

d
:0

Having read the rule that you've gotta be within 4 seconds of the pole quali time, i'm thinking it might be a waste of my time to turn up :S

/me is going to practise until his arms fall off tonight

I can also only manage 4 laps (i would have done more, but my little sister comes running into my room as i'm concentrating on T3 > )
Well the wr is high 1.16s so as long as you're under 1.20s you're fine. Though I recommend doing around 30+ laps by Saturday.
Yeah, got a litle bit of homework, then i'm gonna be practising from about 5-9 tonight, any servers up with it on so i can register some times on LFSW?
take a look there should be a "1stBFA oneGP" server online
you're all slow =P
i'm gonna get my butt kicked
Quote from Davidos93 :i'm gonna get my butt kicked

That's because you're....

Online at: [TC] CityDriving

instead of practicing =P.

In all honesty though. Nobody will be upset at you if you're off pace as long as you are able to drive safely. Have fun and maybe you'll do better than you expect.

-ps- How do you show your online status in the sidebar?
Lol, i'll be off the pace, but i'm gonna try drive within my limits and hope someone else messes up

and it comes up when you're online anywhere

(Btw, it was [TC] CityDriving Kyoto, but Kyoto is in white, and i have to be on there to admin )

Btw, even if i fail miserably in quali and get a bad time, would it be possible for me to start from the back of the grid, because i'm not gonna win, and i want to get a taste of what its like to be in one of these races, even if i'm gonna get hammered
The only way to do that is if we end race after qualifying and the race marshal re-orders the grid. Sometimes something comes up where we need to do that but if it doesn't you should just pull off to the side and let the field pass. Shouldn't be too hard considering we start on a massive straight. Just warn everyone during the break between qualifying and race start if you're gonna do that.
wooozzy, what i meant is that i'm most probably gonna finish last in qualifying anyway, so even if my time is outside the alloted 4 seconds, then would i be allowed to start from the back anyway?
Quote from Davidos93 :wooozzy, what i meant is that i'm most probably gonna finish last in qualifying anyway, so even if my time is outside the alloted 4 seconds, then would i be allowed to start from the back anyway?

Unfortunately, no. It's an issue of safety more than anything else. When we raced at FE (before the rule was made) there's were one or two people that were past that marker. The extreme pace difference made them a pretty big hazard in the whole race.
Ah, okey dokey, i'll get practising :S
I sometimes make exceptions to the 4s rule based on track length, or what not. If I see drivers that are just outside it and they look stable, I might let them in.

But generally, I've stuck to it.

The FE round that I belive Wooz is talking about, had everyone within the 4s. But I do also remember requests to waive it for that round.

d
Quote from dekojester :The FE round that I belive Wooz is talking about, had everyone within the 4s. But I do also remember requests to waive it for that round.

Ah, my mistake then.

On a side note, It'd be nice if we could use this race as a promo video.
@dekojester: i didn't save the layout yesterday. can you join again and upload it, so i can save it or you send it via ICQ ?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG