The online racing simulator
Countryside Street circuit?
(62 posts, started )
B-road circuits +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great idea
+11111118
#28 - 5haz
Something along the lines of Pau would be fun, I remember seeing F3000's (F08 duh :razz powersliding their way around that place, trying to keep out of the towering walls.

So I think a narrow street circuit with some elevation changes would be lovely, running through beautiful landscaped parks.

As for a country road circuit, its very easy to make these look a bit 'artificial' and cheesy (Like Lienz in rF basically), but if done properly it should be good.

Perhaps along the lines of Dundrod in Ireland?

+1
Quote from duke_toaster :Yeah, that's the one.

For those who don't know it, it starts with a section made up of cobbled streets but most of the track is winding tarmac roads. The cobbled streets circuit is actually quite fun with cars like the rF3 and similar (also the 60s GT mod). The light show in the night is quite good.

It would probably more plausible to have something like this in LFS as a rally stage.

Yeah, that's the one I was on about.

I love racing there using the Citroen 2CV mod - they're that low powered you have to change down as you go up the hills
Quote from LFSn00b :Also a top speed track in that environment would sound spot on. +1

Why would you want a top speed track? Cars can't be tuned so top speed is irrelevant and because its a game and not real you won't get the adrenaline rush. It would just be, cool I'm doing 100, cool I'm doing 150, i feel the same.

+1 for the track idea though.
I love the rally tracks from Toca 3, they are really amazing to drive, despite the poor physics.

In LFS something like this would be unreal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCc1ImqQjxs - Toca 3 rally stage onboard (1m55s)
These tracks would be AMAZING.

Quote :i Think The Best Track Would Be Something Including A Little Bit Of Each Of These:

If there was a gravel road that turned off from this I'd die of excitement. This road would give an authentic rally feeling, but it would also give ppl an amazing FBM / FOX circuit to race on.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Yeah, that's the one I was on about.

I love racing there using the Citroen 2CV mod - they're that low powered you have to change down as you go up the hills

The National Stock Cars are pretty fun on the long track as they are a handful to drive. 60s GT is good there too *starts humming On Days Like These*
+million. this would be an great idea, this is actually why i played rfactor alot. i couldve drive an LMP or formula on this kind of roads and that is really great fun. gets adrealine up tough, so hard to drive fast on bumpy,small roads. if some of u have rFactor try getting the LMP car and driving it on lienz de festival
+1 good idea
++1

please i hope the devs are reading this

a narrow track with some hard curve and bumps = a wet dream
The rFactor "UK Rally" track is the type I'd LOVE to see in LFS. If you have rFactor, definitely take a look. It's not very long, but it's great fun
+1 for me. Something like Oulton Park? That'd be awesome
+1
omg plus hella
When I read this thread I feel forced to think back to a famous racing game from 13 years ago. It was called "The Need for Speed" (which I absolutely don't want to relate with today's NFS!).

As the holy Ur-NFS it featured the greatest open street "circuits" of all time:
Fast and fluent track sections meet tricky combinations, heavy ups & downs and confusing tunnel runs and narrow alleys, high-speed Autobahn runs meet heart-stopping coastline races on hanging roads, with the cliff just centimetres beside you.

There wasn't anything like that in the past 13 years, at least not with the relatively realistic physics and original racing that TNFS had at that time.

Please bring this feeling back.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=8pmVx977z4Q
Attached images
fp8g8p.jpg
large5.jpg
normal_nfs1.jpg
Quote from dougie-lampkin :The rFactor "UK Rally" track is the type I'd LOVE to see in LFS. If you have rFactor, definitely take a look. It's not very long, but it's great fun

It is the stages in TRD3. Rather good but not great. And it is a conversion. I recognise it :P

A number of rally stages set in country roads set somewhere like Cornwall would be good. Blind corners, nearby hedges. Mistake = three wheels on car.
+1 from me awesome idea!
being biased here but you can't beat the roads in the highlands, espically around loch Ness.

p.s. commercial radio in the highlands at it's best
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :being biased here but you can't beat the roads in the highlands, espically around loch Ness.

p.s. commercial radio in the highlands at it's best

I love the A835 between Ullapool and Lochinver ! Great road to drive on.

I think the moral of the story is visit Scotland
Quote from piggy501 :I think the moral of the story is visit Scotland

I do every summer

These roads are great, a lot of fast blind corners with bumps and yumps in the road. Narrow and twisty! Potentially dangerous but very fun. I would love to see something like this in lfs. Maybe point to point style with a reverse version aswell. That would be super

Countryside Street circuit?
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG