The online racing simulator
Are new tracks prearranged or in work?
We all know that our devs are just a bit more than a little busy, to give us nearly a perfect physics and (one of) the best Racing Sims. But i think a RaceSim lives from a variety of racetracks. I don´t mean new Tracklayouts like SoChick, but rather complete new track designs. Can´t remember which track was the last we got - i think Westhill and Aston were the last and that´s really a long time ago.

I was searching for a dev comment in this forum, but i can´t find anything else then that their track-editor is not so user-fiendly to build as efficient as possible new tracks and that not really a person is permanent engaged to design new tracks. And these comments are nearly as old as Westhill and Aston.

It´s not my intention to start a discussion which track we need or not - such treads u can find galore in this forum.

I just wanna know from an insider, if new tracks are in planning or already in work.

Greats
I only know that the devs are planning to finish and release Westhill updates.
Quote from GrandlHuber :I just wanna know from an insider, if new tracks are in planning or already in work.

If anybody knew that he probably wouldn't be allowed to tell you/us.
why all that secrecy???
why we don't get a tiniest of info like....new track IS building, but we dont know when, somewhere in year or two. Or two new tracks....or three new variations in two existing tracks.....or...you get the point....
we have to speculate and write all kinds of silly stuf
No, we really don't have to speculate and write silly stuff, but some people can't stop. What good would it do you, to know that there's a track in store for you? Maybe they're being secretive because nothing is certain at this point.
Personally I don't think there are new tracks in the pipe for a while, with all the other stuff they've mentioned, like various updates and the Scirocco.
I agree with CasseBent there. What good would it do if you did find out? I think it's much nicer to wake up one morning, find a test patch on the forum, and be surprised with a new track. Knowing that it was coming from a few days/weeks/months beforehand would kind of ruin it for me
Yeah, it would just make the wait harder. For now, just drive and now there will be something at some point.
#8 - J@tko
And people would go 'get the f*ck on with it devs', or if it was delayed 'wtf we're still waiting!!!1!'
#9 - 5haz
Things would go so much faster if the communtiy was allowed to help develop the sim.

Oh well, I live in hope that such things will be permitted after the release of S3 sometime in the not too distant future.
The general agreement is that the devs don't let out 'snippets' because they start rumours which just snowball into 'they are definitely doing <insert feature which was never actually discussed>' and people end up bitching about it when it doesn't appear.
Some people go "wtf we're still waiting!111!" anyway.

Maybe a monthly blog from the dev's would just give enough info to the community to stop the assumptions and share with us what they're doing LFS wise
There are new cars and tracks being made, as well as existing work being polished. Although nobody knows when they're going to be released, and I don't know what is planned to be included in S2, and what will be part of a future package.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Maybe a monthly blog from the dev's would just give enough info to the community to stop the assumptions and share with us what they're doing LFS wise

Actually that'd be good. A few "teaser" screenshots of new cars and tracks, or new physics updates, but don't include any release date. I wouldn't mind knowing what's coming as long as I don't know when, it would still be a surprise to find it
Quote from Bob Smith :There are new cars and tracks being made, as well as existing work being polished. Although nobody knows when they're going to be released, and I don't know what is planned to be included in S2, and what will be part of a future package.

...Dreaming of rally pack

Who knows! ( you maybe ). Well let's go back to Stalker
Quote from 5haz :Things would go so much faster if the communtiy was allowed to help develop the sim.

If it´s true that no one is actually workin on trackdesign, why don´t developers employ someone in their team. I´m sure they will find some great designers in our community.

ok - dev´s track-editor has to be enhanced first, but maybe is this tread an incitation to Scawen to tackle this as his next project.
Quote from Bob Smith :There are new cars and tracks being made, as well as existing work being polished. Although nobody knows when they're going to be released, and I don't know what is planned to be included in S2, and what will be part of a future package.

Again, we don't really know for sure that it's new tracks coming, we know they work on polishing the excisting contest of the game, but we're not 100% sure that they actually has, or progressing with new tracks, so it's all down to speculations

But, I think, as you say we can assume that there has been some work, and that the dev's like to keep their card tight to the chest

Quote from Maelstrom :...Dreaming of rally pack

Don't tease me
Quote from The Very End :Again, we don't really know for sure that it's new tracks coming, we know they work on polishing the excisting contest of the game, but we're not 100% sure that they actually has, or progressing with new tracks, so it's all down to speculations

You can't honestly assume that they're not planning to release any more tracks, can you? I'd rather trust Bob on this one.
Read at the end of my comment about the quote, I don't think that I belive they are working on new stuff, but I said it's all down to speculations and that we have no really proff that they are working on completely new tracks.

Again, that is not an attack on the devs or the progress of the game.
Quote from Bob Smith :There are new cars and tracks being made, as well as existing work being polished. Although nobody knows when they're going to be released.............

ThankYou! I wuz talking about lack of this kind of information....
...aaaah.....i can go to sleep peacefully now........new cars and tracks being made..................doesn't matter when................just that they are.......yawn..........zzzzzzzzzzz
Quote from Maelstrom :...Dreaming of rally pack...

I remeber we were promised that one, don't really believe anymore that it will come in this decade...
#21 - Juls
They are popstars. Whatever info they give make people desperate.

Desperate if they do not like what is coming....desperate if they like it but want it now. Desperate if they like it and have it but want more.
Quote from 5haz :Things would go so much faster if the communtiy was allowed to help develop the sim.

I'm making a track already... That is to say, i've made some scenery that i'll plonk aside the track if and when mod tools appear, and if they dont, i'll either hack the format or use the scenery in another project.

I've not got very far if i'm honest, just whenever i'm in an artistic mood I make a piece. I've never quite understood why those with the ability are waiting for tools before starting, it takes a long time to decorate a track, the circuit itself is the easy bit (with tools), it's the decoration that takes ages.

Oh well, I live in hope that such things will be permitted after the release of S3 sometime in the not too distant future.

That is a very good point, i think the problem could be that many people who want to do things to help, are not very good at it, like me for instance. I love making stuff for games but due to me not having photoshop and limited time most of my work ends up low res and generally a bit pants. This is the only problem that i can see with this, people like me trying to help but making low quality stuff that will not be of the same quality as the existing sim. This is what i think the devs are trying to avoid. If there was somewhere we could send our attempts so the devs could take a look and pick what they want for addition to the sim then that would be the best way around that i think.
If you're building something of your very own and you know just how it should be and you're enjoying it. Would you want random people making additions to it, and possibly pissing all over it?
This is only my own theory, so it may or may not be the exact truth. I don't think it's so much about getting the thing expanded with tracks and cars asap and over and done with. No, I think the getting there is part of what Scavier likes to do. Having inept pillocks cocking it up at every turn would give them more work of course, but that's not the same thing.

Naturally, it might not be true for every single person they would let help, but it's possible. For the record, I'm not saying whoever volunteered to help, is unable.
Quote from zeugnimod :If anybody knew that he probably wouldn't be allowed to tell you/us.

-probably

Unless it's one of the devs telling it, and as we've seen, that just doesn't happen.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG