The online racing simulator
Quote from Becky Rose :It does not confer an advantage, and is purely a financial link to FOM which all the teams have anyway (concorde agreement).

Ah, financial link. That means business.
Quote from Albieg :Ah, financial link. That means business.

But all the teams have a financial link to FOM already in the concorde agreement, the only team that has any unusual connection in this regard is Ferrari who own enough shares to have the controlling stake of FOM ( so you could argue it was them who chose the McLaren ECU ? ) - not that Bernie would ever bow to anyone but himself, but Mosley has a history of it, and Allan Donnely's appointment as steward overseer is just outright dubious.

Although tbh the whole F1 business structure is all a bit complex with holding companies and rights management and what have you, trying to understand it is like trying to do wind tunnel calculations in your head.
I'll keep my opinion: FIA has interests in keeping the championship alive, not in selling it to Ferrari. Keep spectators interested, keep the money flowing. The conspiracy theories about Ferrari are just boring, and far from being supported by conclusive evidence by all those who consider themselves well informed.
The definition of FIA:

FIA: Ferrari international assistance.
stolen from DK's msn
Quote from Albieg :The conspiracy theories about Ferrari are just boring, and far from being supported by conclusive evidence by all those who consider themselves well informed.

Quote from Luke.S :The definition of FIA:
FIA: Ferrari international assistance.

I think he can rest his case!
@Luke.S: Please join the other side you're hurting our argument !
Quote from Becky Rose :@Luke.S: Please join the other side you're hurting our argument !

Best post in this thread, to be honest.
Quote from Becky Rose :@Luke.S: Please join the other side you're hurting our argument !

I like Mclaren. :P Well more than ferrari anyway but sauber pwn all.
I haven't read this entire thread so forgive me if I'm repeating anything that has already been posted.

There is an online petition related to the punishment handed down to Hamilton. I have no idea if it will do anything but it's a start. For all the times I've been enraged by a bad call and had nowhere to vent with others, I'm glad I found this.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?belgp08

speedfreak227
What? A petition? Wth... What's next, people start blocking roads just like when fuel prices went up?

I seriously doubt that a bunch of 100% biased fans expressing their opinion can change anything in such situation.
It seems like it was an unfair penalty to me simply because he gave his position back and passed on the next corner without getting the slipstream and being slower then Kimi on the straight but catched up under braking.

Tbh, I think that was a deserved win and anyways Hamilton would have won. Kimi was so much slower then him in the rain and really couldn't seem to keep it together and ended up in the wall so meh.

The race was amazing though. And I'm sure people WILL think I'm a Hamilton fanboy after this incident but meh I'm not. :P I'm still looking for someone to root for tbh.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG