The online racing simulator
#1 - amp88
The FIA And Ferrari Are Ridiculous
So, after today's decision which cost Hamilton his well-deserved victory in the Belgian Grand Prix I've come to the conclusion that the FIA and Ferrari are in collusion to make Ferrari win the World Championship at any cost. Here I present my evidence:

1. In 1997 the FIA disqualified Ferrari driver Michael Schumacher from the World Championship after a questionable incident with Jacques Villeneuve. They studied the evidence and clearly made a decision which was in Ferrari's favour!

2. In Monaco 2006 the FIA forced Ferrari driver Michael Schumacher to the back of the grid in Monaco (notoriously the most difficult track to pass on in the entire calendar) halfway through his last year in the sport when he was trying to capture his 8th World Driver's Championship. Another decision in Ferrari's favour.

3. In 2007, after catching McLaren with masses of confidential data on Ferrari's car and auxiliary systems they decided not to exclude the McLaren car from the next season despite the fact that they may have gained an advantage from the knowledge of Ferrari's car.

4. The FIA chose the McLaren team to provide the highly complicated standard engine ECU to give the Ferrari team a clear technology advantage.

The facts are damning. Case closed.
bye.
I agree that they are rediculous. I just can't believe that they penalized Hamilton for something which is without any kind of doupt Kimi's fault.
oh rly?
#5 - SamH
Well, it's a strange thread and a very odd first post.

I guess you can choose to completely fly in the face of reason following today's decision to drop Hamilton 2 places after fully complying with the regulations. It's your own credibility, after all. Do with it what you will
I'm going to apply the duck test - this one looks like shit stirring to me.
I wonder how many counter examples we can come up with, off the top of my head I can think of quite a few.

-In 1994 Australian Grand Prix Schumacher deliberately rams a rival putting them out of the race = no penalty

-In 1997 Schumacher deliberately rammed a rival to try and win the championship = penalty

-In Monaco 2006 Schumacher deliberately parks his car in a dangerous position to stop a rival getting pole position = penalty

...a few recent ones.

-Massa gets pole position in Valencia, complains that he wanted to be on the clean side of the track, entire grid is repainted over night moving Massa to the clean side of the track.

- Ferrari get a tiny fine for dangerously releasing Massa infront of Sutil, despite Drive-Through penalties being the usual punishment, and the punishment dished out many times in the GP2 races.

- Kimi not penalized for overtaking Hamilton under yellow flags when the Williams dangerously rejoined the track infront of them (the Williams that didn't get punished for that either)

- Kimi not penalized for using the large run off areas 2 laps in a row to gain an advantage, which was dangerous as he proved by spinning across the front of several cars and put it in the wall.

- Hamilton given a 25 second penalty for cutting a corner, when he was forced to do so and gave the advantage he gained back immediately, the race director informed Mclaren that it was fair and they were fine.

Probably a few more examples, I'm sure they will be posted.
#8 - amp88
Quote from SamH :Well, it's a strange thread and a very odd first post.

I guess you can choose to completely fly in the face of reason following today's decision to drop Hamilton 2 places after fully complying with the regulations. It's your own credibility, after all. Do with it what you will

I think Hamilton was correctly penalised for the wrong reason today. He swerved many times after he passed Raikkonen when the rule is one move per straight. Raikkonen probably wasn't close enough to pass anyway, but the fact Hamilton did it guaranteed he didn't get past.

Clearly I started this thread because I think the people who say the FIA and Ferrari are in collusion are lacking something (facts, sanity, common sense?). I'm not too bothered about my credibility (as if I have any...) to be honest. If people think less of me because of the argument I've presented then I don't think it makes a difference to me.
Hamilton weaved as a gesture to Kimi in complaint about his weaving when Hamilton was trying to pass him, it was not a block since he was not close enough to pass.

So infact you have highlighted another thing Kimi could and should have been penalised or warned about.
#10 - SamH
I don't think, applying reason (i.e. common sense, logic etc) that it is actually possible to be correctly penalised for the wrong reason.

Not being funny or anything, but you just aren't making a reasonable point as far as I can see.
If Hamilton would have kept his line the would of collided and both spun out

Hamilton gave back the place as stated in the rules and then went for the overtake on the next corner Job Done and a clean pass.

The FIA are a buch of muppets

My Question to the FIA would be ..... What course of action was Hamilton suppose to take ?

F1 is turning into a complete joke now as they seem not to allow wheel to wheel racing...... are they saying you can only overtake on a straight or during pit stops.

Hamilton bailed to stop an inevitable accident, then slowed to let kimi regain the position what is the problem here as it's not Hamilton's Fault the Ferrari was piss poor in the rain and Kimi could not attack T1 as hard as Hamilton is it ?

If you ask me Hamilton has been penalised due to the fact the Ferrari had poor handling in the wet.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I wonder how many counter examples we can come up with, off the top of my head I can think of quite a few.

-In 1994 Australian Grand Prix Schumacher deliberately rams a rival putting them out of the race = no penalty

-In 1997 Schumacher deliberately rammed a rival to try and win the championship = penalty

-In Monaco 2006 Schumacher deliberately parks his car in a dangerous position to stop a rival getting pole position = penalty

...a few recent ones.

-Massa gets pole position in Valencia, complains that he wanted to be on the clean side of the track, entire grid is repainted over night moving Massa to the clean side of the track.

- Ferrari get a tiny fine for dangerously releasing Massa infront of Sutil, despite Drive-Through penalties being the usual punishment, and the punishment dished out many times in the GP2 races.

- Kimi not penalized for overtaking Hamilton under yellow flags when the Williams dangerously rejoined the track infront of them (the Williams that didn't get punished for that either)

- Kimi not penalized for using the large run off areas 2 laps in a row to gain an advantage, which was dangerous as he proved by spinning across the front of several cars and put it in the wall.

- Hamilton given a 25 second penalty for cutting a corner, when he was forced to do so and gave the advantage he gained back immediately, the race director informed Mclaren that it was fair and they were fine.

Probably a few more examples, I'm sure they will be posted.

Also add Kimi's non penalty for ramming Sutil in Monaco. In GP2 Pantano wasn't allowed to race after he did the same to fillipi

And let's not forget Kimi's flying exhaust pipe in France

Monza Alonso anyone??? Alonso was right... it just isn't a sport
#13 - SamH
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Hamilton weaved as a gesture to Kimi in complaint about his weaving when Hamilton was trying to pass him, it was not a block since he was not close enough to pass.

So infact you have highlighted another thing Kimi could and should have been penalised or warned about.

I concur 100%.

And FTR, I'm firmly of the belief that Ferarri and FIA are in bed together, and are anti-McLaren with malice. The reason I believe this is entirely based on a mountain of evidence.
here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74TZngbIS9I

IMO - Hamilton avoids Kimi at the chicane, avoiding a certain collision after he is pushed wide. Hamilton had nowhere to go.

He gives the place back, Kimi is a full car length (1:09) ahead of LH and Kimi moves across from the left to the right to be on the outside for T1.
#15 - SamH
Quote from CELTIC100 :If you ask me Hamilton has been penalised due to the fact the Ferrari had poor handling in the wet.

I think he was penalised because that was the only way for the FIA to ensure that Ferarri won the race. Simple as. It's the only reasonable explanation, because the decision to penalise is not, in itself, reasonable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YTG7hnjg0w

1:58 - Kimi weaves attempting to block a pass.
2:05 - Kimi gains an advantage by going off the circuit, instead of rejoining as Hamilton did, he did the same the next lap and it caused an accident.
2:10 - Kimi passes under yellow flags, I think the FIA assumed him spinning on the corner exit was his way of giving that place back.
I Don't want to get into this argument over the FIA and Ferrari as it's pointless but it's a shame a great race will be remembered now for all the wrong reasons

I find it funny how often the FIA make the wrong decision on these things, the worst one I remember would be Schuey and Hill In Australia when Schuey took both of them out to win the championship.
Quote from SamH :I think he was penalised because that was the only way for the FIA to ensure that Ferarri won the race. Simple as. It's the only reasonable explanation, because the decision to penalise is not, in itself, reasonable.

Exactly Sam - Thanks for including me in the argument

And causing me to double post lol
Quote from SamH :Well, it's a strange thread and a very odd first post.

It doesn't say in the regulations that you can let the other driver 6 inches past your car to absolve yourself of responsibility. Either read the regulations or just stick to simple hysterical "FIA Ferrari Bias" posts.

He also blatantly weaved on the way to Les Combes, but Lewis is perfect so I guess that was a trick of the light.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :It doesn't say in the regulations that you can let the other driver 6 inches past your car to absolve yourself of responsibility. Either read the regulations or just stick to simple hysterical "FIA Ferrari Bias" posts.

He also blatantly weaved on the way to Les Combes, but Lewis is perfect so I guess that was a trick of the light.

It says that he must give back the advantage gained and he did. The repass by Hamilton wasn't because of the incident at all. And he weaved as protest to Kimi's weaving but the difference is that in Kimi's case they were REALLY close and it was to block deliberatly. But when Hamilton did it they were far enough so it wasnt to block (plus it was on a straight).

And off course I thinK Lewis is perfect. He makes no mistake and never will. (exept for Fuji last year, and a couple of idiot moves he did this year)
#22 - SamH
Quote from Storm_Cloud :It doesn't say in the regulations that you can let the other driver 6 inches past your car to absolve yourself of responsibility. Either read the regulations or just stick to simple hysterical "FIA Ferrari Bias" posts.

If/when I get hysterical, you'll all know about it. I'm far from hysterical, but I am most certainly apalled. And FTR, you ARE supposed to absolve yourself by allowing a re-pass - which Hamilton did.

Hamilton was in that chicane with Kimi. Kimi pushed Hamilton off the track, effectively. Hamilton had no choice but to go where he went. He gave the place back immediately, and then he passed Kimi on the following corner. Can you explain, given the physical constraints of this universe - i.e. that two solid objects cannot exist in the same space at the same time - what Hamilton could have done PHYSICALLY to avoid picking up this penalty?
Quote from Storm_Cloud :He also blatantly weaved on the way to Les Combes, but Lewis is perfect so I guess that was a trick of the light.

Kimi weaved in order to block Hamilton. When Hamilton did the same, it was a gesture at Kimi about Kimi's illegal move. Kimi was not in a position to overtake when Hamilton gestured.

Were you watching the F1 today, or an entirely different sport? You didn't seem to see the things I was watching, and don't appear to know the sporting regulations.
Quote from evilpimp :It says that he must give back the advantage gained and he did. The repass by Hamilton wasn't because of the incident at all. And he weaved as protest to Kimi's weaving but the difference is that in Kimi's case they were REALLY close and it was to block deliberatly. But when Hamilton did it they were far enough so it wasnt to block (plus it was on a straight).

And off course I thinK Lewis is perfect. He makes no mistake and never will. (exept for Fuji last year, and a couple of idiot moves he did this year)

I have the advantage (which I will not give up ) in that I am not a Ferrari / Massa / Kimi fan nor am I a Hamilton fan. I am a Webber / Vettel / Kubica fan so have no vested interest.

If he had not cut the corner then he wouldn't have been anywhere near Kimi to make the pass. Therefore, the cut gave an advantage. In fact, if he hadn't cut the corner he would have crashed into Kimi and been penalised like Heidfeld.

Oh, and weaving as a protest is still weaving.
Quote from SamH :

Were you watching the F1 today, or an entirely different sport? You didn't seem to see the things I was watching, and don't appear to know the sporting regulations.

Well why don't you quote the sporting regulations that back up your opinion?
Quote from amp88 :...I've come to the conclusion that the FIA and Ferrari are in collusion to make Ferrari win the World Championship at any cost....

Toddler :bananadea

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG