The online racing simulator
Crazy idea but...
(19 posts, started )
Crazy idea but...
i want to play LFS in my car how can i do it, i have a screen in there but how can i rig this up??
You'll need a pc in your car to run LFS on And then of course a controller of some sort. If you want to race online the pc will obviously need to have an internet connection.
Ricer , lol err i dont have a clue on how to get a cpu loged into a car , so i cant help but i suppose some geniuos here can,
Quote from slickstyle :i want to play LFS in my car how can i do it, i have a screen in there but how can i rig this up??

So you mean just like a games console in your car or a built in laptop?

or do you mean converting your windscreen into a monitor and use steering wheel, pedals to control it?

If its the latter I would seek professional help as you are nuts!

just saw Mike Bingo's link..... yep totally wacko but yet so cool !
U can get indash computer for cars,usually 1 DIN,flip up monitor,u should try that,not that expensive ,around 600-800 $ for a decent 1
Check this site,i just came thru on it: http://www.xenarc.com/product/700IDT.html
I rememeber catching an episode of Pimp My Ride a while ago, where they put a projector in the headlights of the car, and rigged up the wheel and pedals so that when the car was stopped, you could hit a button and they'd become the controllers for the games console they'd put in there.

You'd have to really trust the system they'd put in, I wouldn't like my wheel to suddenly disconnect itself from the steering rack while I was driving...
Quote from Crashgate3 :I rememeber catching an episode of Pimp My Ride a while ago, where they put a projector in the headlights of the car, and rigged up the wheel and pedals so that when the car was stopped, you could hit a button and they'd become the controllers for the games console they'd put in there.

You'd have to really trust the system they'd put in, I wouldn't like my wheel to suddenly disconnect itself from the steering rack while I was driving...

O.o Fo realz?

Sounds pretty neato! Me wanty

There was a car with a built-in console at an auto show here once, where you could use the steering wheel as a controller for the console when the car was in 'park'. The Nissan Urge. Now you just have to find a way to install LFS on the on-board Xbox 360...
#13 - Jakg
I do remember a few years back seeing a few BTCC-style ZS' and a WRC style Focus at the motor show with a big-ass TV hung over the wind-screen, the wheel / pedals connected to pots and the suspension hydralic-ised.

made a pretty good motion sim tbh.
yo dawg... call Xzibit
:ices_rofl

Just get a small-ass computer and put it under the car seat, then put the monitor on the back of one of the seats - voila, you can play LFS. It would be..kind of crappy and cooling on the PC would be shit, but crazy idea needs crazy solutions
Or you could do some circuit wizardry and use the car's on-board computer (assuming it has one of course) to do your bidding. Mind you, it will probably crash (literally, into a tree) if you try and install Vista, but XP should be OK. You'll get more MPG with XP anyway Then just install LFS (don't ask where, I haven't a clue), and hook up the computer console (again, I'm assuming it has a centre console) to the computer. Voila, properly built in LFS, and the abilitly to use MSN while you drive. Also there's currently no laws about using a keyboard while driving, so you would still be perfectly legal. Epic win.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Or you could do some circuit wizardry and use the car's on-board computer (assuming it has one of course) to do your bidding. Mind you, it will probably crash (literally, into a tree) if you try and install Vista, but XP should be OK. You'll get more MPG with XP anyway Then just install LFS (don't ask where, I haven't a clue), and hook up the computer console (again, I'm assuming it has a centre console) to the computer. Voila, properly built in LFS, and the abilitly to use MSN while you drive. Also there's currently no laws about using a keyboard while driving, so you would still be perfectly legal. Epic win.

I see you also are subjected to ICT GCSE 'education'."
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Or you could do some circuit wizardry and use the car's on-board computer (assuming it has one of course) to do your bidding. Mind you, it will probably crash (literally, into a tree) if you try and install Vista, but XP should be OK. You'll get more MPG with XP anyway Then just install LFS (don't ask where, I haven't a clue), and hook up the computer console (again, I'm assuming it has a centre console) to the computer. Voila, properly built in LFS, and the abilitly to use MSN while you drive. Also there's currently no laws about using a keyboard while driving, so you would still be perfectly legal. Epic win.

xD Post of the month

Gave me a good chuckle

Crazy idea but...
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG