The online racing simulator
Trim Levels
(14 posts, started )
#1 - Nick.
Trim Levels
For the cars, instead of having one version, we have trim levels? Like for the XFG, we can have the base trim with a smaller engine and crappy plastic bumpers and for the top level, you could have a turbo V6 with a subtle body kit and sport suspension! So what do you think? +1/-1?
Sounds too ricy' tbh.
We already have this

in regular version the XR has a small engine, small, cheap wheels.
in a bit richer trim version it's equipped with a 2.0 turbocharged engine, better wheels, sport tires and a widebodykit and a spoiler
and in the extreme version it is a lightweight GT Racecar
#4 - Nick.
Quote from squidhead :We already have this

in regular version the XR has a small engine, small, cheap wheels.
in a bit richer trim version it's equipped with a 2.0 turbocharged engine, better wheels, sport tires and a widebodykit and a spoiler
and in the extreme version it is a lightweight GT Racecar

Then what if the was a better street version of the XFG that they could put in?
Bad idea tbh. The cars are fine as we have at the moment..being able to choose levels of "trim" would just make it more NFS than LFS.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Bad idea tbh. The cars are fine as we have at the moment..being able to choose levels of "trim" would just make it more NFS than LFS.

Not really. It's like having both cars, XFG and (a possible) XFT, the same way we have the XRG and the XRT. I see no NFS in this.

and +1 to that. It'll result in new cars and way less 3d modelling time for the devs (i think).
The "possible" XFT is the Scirroco whenever it's released, so there's no need

Quote from Nick. :and for the top level, you could have a turbo V6 with a subtle body kit and sport suspension! So what do you think? +1/-1?

Quote from jonny__27 :Not really. It's like having both cars, XFG and (a possible) XFT, the same way we have the XRG and the XRT. I see no NFS in this.

Quote from Nick. :Then what if the was a better street version of the XFG that they could put in?

Take XFR.
A diesel powered "XFD" would be nice. It could compete with the UF1.
Quote from wheel4hummer :A diesel powered "XFD" would be nice. It could compete with the UF1.

I hate you for putting a diesel shopping trolley into LFS.

As for the Trim idea, +/-0 for this Idea. It would be nice to have this, but it'll take forever for the devs to put them in.
Quote from wheel4hummer :A diesel powered "XFD" would be nice. It could compete with the UF1.

something like VW Polo 1.9 SDI would be perfect
Bodykits have been suggested before and routinely dismissed.

The XFG is a good little no-frills budget racer, it's a typical entry-level club racing car, and it doesn't need plastic skirts. I think most people would prefer new models of car rather than "XFG in teenage street racer spec."
#13 - Woz
take more restriction 20% on your XFG and then you can think you are driving a car with smaller engine then the other XFG's

Trim Levels
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG