The online racing simulator
How would i cut aluminium straight?
(36 posts, started )
Yes, but you'll need a blade for metal - most probably have wood ones fitted (for cutting worktops and kitchen cabinets etc.

A metal one will have much finer teeth - around 20 - 30 per inch rather than 3 - 8 per inch on most 'wood' blades.
#28 - CSU1
ah tristan you bloody spoilsport, i was waiting for the are jigsaw blades supposed to glow thread lmao...
Quote from CSU1 :ah tristan you bloody spoilsport, i was waiting for the are jigsaw blades supposed to glow thread lmao...

lol
Quote from harjun :ok i'll stick with a hacksaw unless AJP can find me aviation snips which cut 3mm Ally

A good heavy duty pair of snips will cut through much thicker material than they are rated for but you will need to take the absolute minimum material off on each cut, for what you want it would be very time consuming and wasteful. If you wanted to trim small pieces cut to roughly the right size then a pair of snips would be ok for that kind of material. For what you want a guillotine is the only sensible option and it shouldn't cost you anything.
Quote from ajp71 : For what you want a guillotine is the only sensible option and it shouldn't cost you anything.

Yes... but does he have a time machine to go back a few hundred years?
You've probably akready cut them but my vote is for jigsaw. metal shears (i guess you call them snips) would probably bend the edge of the cut, right?
Quote from flymike91 :You've probably akready cut them but my vote is for jigsaw. metal shears (i guess you call them snips) would probably bend the edge of the cut, right?

If you use them properly you will only bend the offcut material.
Quote from harjun :The sheet is 500mm x 500mm, the chassis is only like 170mm wide anyway, and a bit less than 500mm long. That means i can make 3 chassis out of it.

Quote from ajp71 :If you use them properly you will only bend the offcut material.

If he wants to make 3 chassis then he can´t afford to loose any material. Although 500/3=166,6666... mm.
a bandsaw isn't a good tool for that job, I would recommend what Tooby showed...

You usually have longer ones than these tho, I have one at school and we always cut that exact same material with this
Use the lasers in your eyes

How would i cut aluminium straight?
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG