The online racing simulator
Create a Track Option?
(40 posts, started )

Poll : Do you want to create your own track and not just a layout?

Yes
No
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :-1

i think there will be one problem: you have to download hundrets of versions from 10 different tracks.
the problem you can see in rFactor and GTR2 just now.

now we need only 5 clicks to go online and race on every server we want.

if scawen releases a track editor (or someone else) we first have to use google for searching the track required by the server....

If you play in a league it is not a problem it is an advantage more variety , but if you only want to cruise, it is not a problem.. so what is the problem? uh? Ah... you only want to make 5 clicks an run on the same tracks forever

Scawen!! Don't make more tracks or cars!!
@CrAbStEr DrIfTeR: Can you explain if you want layouts or tracks?

- A layout is easy to put together and graphically simple. But it does not show up on the server list with its own name, nor does it have its own statistics on LFS World (e.g. WRs).

- A track has much more variables (objects, textures, curves, surfaces, elevation differences, bumps, ...). It will show up in the track list and in LFSW, just like Blackwood, Aston, etc.

So, what do you have in mind: layouts with more variation than the current ones, or a kind of easy-to-use track builder?
I think the best option right now would be a very large patch of tarmak and a very large patch of dirt, as new maps, which we can use to then create our own tracks for both Rallycross and Road Racing. Adding in a few new objects could also add to the track feeling. The Dirt and Tarmak maps could be either flat or have some elevation veriation. Its not that hard, it does not require a change to the engine and its just using the code we currently use for autocross.
No, i dont want to create my own track.
I just want the reverse option vaporized.
I just found this on the LFS main site in the FAQ's

Answer to: Can I make my own cars/tracks for LFS?: No - Live for Speed is still in development therefore there are no car or track editors available at this time. Also it's not yet possible to import other 3d formats into the game. However we will probably release the editors at some point in the future when most of the LFS development is finished.

so...we will be able to add tracks sometime in the future
"probably"
k?
Quote from Gimpster :I think the best option right now would be a very large patch of tarmak and a very large patch of dirt, as new maps, which we can use to then create our own tracks for both Rallycross and Road Racing. Adding in a few new objects could also add to the track feeling. The Dirt and Tarmak maps could be either flat or have some elevation veriation. Its not that hard, it does not require a change to the engine and its just using the code we currently use for autocross.

that's a cool idea. I miss the dirt in autocross anyway.
I couldn't agree more!

That would be so great. + we also dont have to get bored of the tracks already on.

Twigzlet
#34 - Zay
Quote from twigzlet :I couldn't agree more!

That would be so great. + we also dont have to get bored of the tracks already on.

Twigzlet

please, look at the date at which the most recent post was posted BEFORE making another post. Otherwise, you will start posting in threads that are a couple years old, like this one.
He would be wrong if he created a new thread, too
#36 - Be2K
Quote from Flame CZE :He would be wrong if he created a new thread, too

Yep if he did a new Thread he will be flamed "WTF use the locals search before creating a new Thread!"

But anyway Track creation can change manythings for us we could stop flaming scaven, we have a reason to reacitvate our wheels again and do some awsome Races
Rfactor is what it is for the mods and circuits that some fans and not so fans have created for the game.

I do not think the mods to improve LFS or new tracks, but new tracks.... it sure would come with some variety.

Currently there are many programs for editing in 3D, some free and very powerful as Blender, many circuits and road sections made Rfactor fans are better than the original tracks.

I would not underestimate the moders, RBR is alive thanks to the cars and tracks that do not stop rising Internet

I think it would be a hit to open the door to the circuits of the amateurs, and it would be a good test for the sections on Dirt.

It is not the first time you talk about this.... is not the first time that I talk about this subject in this forum and I made few speeches, I'm afraid I will haven't luck this time either (next year I'll try again), but know that I am learning to use Blender to create circuits and I hope that one day my dear LFS me let upload my own tracks, as I do now in RBR.

Greetings
LFS is supposed to be realistic right. Anyone can't just piece together a track in real. However, in real there is a great number of tracks to chose from while LFS only got 7 not counting the autocross Add more tracks but I still say no to a track editor thing.
I think it might bring some more interest to LFS if this was added.
If they were made from ready made pieces it wouldn't really work any different to autox. They would be already in the game and you couldn't just save it as a .lyt file. It would just be a matter of removing the limit on the areas in which you were aloud to build tracks and only have the pieces available there. Just like the Ramps on blackwood.

Create a Track Option?
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG