The online racing simulator
Steam
(14 posts, started )
Steam
Steam is buzzed down all the time, i cant login.
Most of the time i cant login, it says:

Could not connect to Steam network.
This could be due to a problem with your Internet connection, or with the
Steam network. Please visit www.steampowered.com for more info.

My internet is all fine. WTF? help? REALLY annoying
Try posting here, instead.

Remember, kids, the answer is only Google search away...
Now you know why its called Steaming pile of shit.
Quote from Klutch :Now you know why its called Steaming pile of shit.

How is it? My Steam is never down apart from when the whole thing is down for updates. Steam is great - it lets me buy games without having silly discs everywhere and i don't need discs to play them, they're pretty cheap and its a great way to keep track of gaming friends.

I love steam, to be honest.
Same here.

I have never, *ever* had a single problem with Steam. As someone who tends to lose game DVDs about 15 seconds after opening the box (I honestly have done this before, and only found it about a month later) it's a godsend.
I've used Steam for like 2 or 3 years now and never had a problem with it. It was buggy when it was released but it's fine now.

I would suggest that it's likely an issue at the user's end rather than with the network. Not gonna insult aroX by asking if he's tried the simple stuff like resetting the modem/router though. Sometimes my router sets me up with OpenNAT (good for Xbox Live) but other times it doesn't (which limits the number of games I can join).
The only issue I've ever had with Steam is it made HL unplayable on an old laptop, other than that I have been using it since it was released to open beta many moons ago.

More often than not with Steam it is user error rather than an actual Steam error. But those too dense to know how to use it will just call it a steaming pile of shit.
Quote from aroX123 :Steam is buzzed down all the time, i cant login.
Most of the time i cant login, it says:

Could not connect to Steam network.
This could be due to a problem with your Internet connection, or with the
Steam network. Please visit www.steampowered.com for more info.

My internet is all fine. WTF? help? REALLY annoying

Happens to me everytime I start my PC. I've found that Steam is executed on startup BEFORE my WiFi drivers load, which trips the no-connection fault. I usually just click "quit", as I've got a keyboard hotkey for Steam.
started using steam recently (only buy games I really want to have on DVD like "Orange Box") it's great... I only am afraid that when HL2Ep3 comes out, the download speed is going to drop so low, that it will take forever to get it.
Works here, just installing css and hl2 again.
I haven't used steam for years, due to the fact that 2-3years after steam had come out, it still ran like shit.

Isn't my computer either, hundreds of thosands of people had problems with it randomly slowing down, crashing, games suddenly not running etc.
Quote from Klutch :Isn't my computer either, hundreds of thosands of people had problems with it randomly slowing down, crashing, games suddenly not running etc.

Seeing how knowledgeable the average Steam-user is with the program or just with computers in general I still put my bet on user error...
Quote from squidhead :I only am afraid that when HL2Ep3 comes out, the download speed is going to drop so low, that it will take forever to get it.

They generally set it up so it pre-downloads about a week in advance and then the game unlocks itself when the its released. Its worked fine with all the previous episodes, everythibg's been ready to go as soon as I've come to play it, even a matter of minutes after it's been released and unlocked.
Quote from Crashgate3 :They generally set it up so it pre-downloads about a week in advance and then the game unlocks itself when the its released. Its worked fine with all the previous episodes, everythibg's been ready to go as soon as I've come to play it, even a matter of minutes after it's been released and unlocked.

Oh, that is a good thing to hear. Thanks for clearing it up mate! I was imagining sitting in front of a PC screaming "COME OOOOON" for 4 days straight after it is released.

Steam
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG