The online racing simulator
The Burj-Dubai skyscraper
(81 posts, started )
#52 - mr_x
Quote from STROBE :Never been myself, but you're not the first person I've heard to say that.

Now take couple of photos I took... Count the cranes (especially in the first pic)

It doesn't look to bad in pics, but in person the place just looks awful!!

Plus as I said before... the atmosphere is very threatening, everywhere you go.

Basejumpers dream i guess...
Quote from mr_x :Count the cranes

That's what Manchester's skyline looks like at the moment
Quote from Scrabby :and another object for terrorists

Another example of how social-fear control works like a charm since 11S
Quote from batteryy :i think its not a base jump anymore if you jump that high

Sure it is, it's jumping from a fixed object. That's what base jumping is, it's not height-determined.

It isn't really a base jumpers dream anyway, it's too easy I'd say (never done it myself though, can't be sure :razz. Surely something like the Eiffel Tower, which is much smaller, and not a block of a building would be far more challenging, and therefore better? I saw a video of a base jump from the Eiffel before, and it looked pretty amazing. Jumping off of a tall straight building just wouldn't be as thrilling I'd imagine

Quote from Eldanor :Another example of how social-fear control works like a charm since 11S

Exactly, you can almost count the serious terror attacks of the last century on one hand, yet everyone is scared shitless. They don't even need to perform terror attacks to terrorise anyone anymore
Holy F%cking Sh%%t

The word BIG
Justs got a whole new meaning to it
I dont want to look down that tower with my fear of hights
Quote from batteryy :i think its not a base jump anymore if you jump that high

Yes it is, it's something solid, not moving (well exept the building because of the wind...)
#60 - Migz
Hmmm, if there was a terrorist attack to that, then the terrorists would have to be idiots to miss

Oh and the lift travels at 40mph? (Read it somewhere in this thread) isn't that slightly crazy? especially if you go to the first floor? The lift suddenly jerks up and then suddenly stops and you go flying into the ceiling of the lift and tehn fall back down on your ass?

Edit: /or someone elses ass?
Quote from Migz :Oh and the lift travels at 40mph? (Read it somewhere in this thread) isn't that slightly crazy? especially if you go to the first floor? The lift suddenly jerks up and then suddenly stops and you go flying into the ceiling of the lift and tehn fall back down on your ass?

I somehow don't think it "suddenly" stops.
Quote from zeugnimod :I somehow don't think it "suddenly" stops.

Would be faintly hilarious if it did, though. Or maybe not suddenly, but enough to make everyone "jump".
Most big buildings have high speed and low speed lifts. The high speed ones stop every tenth floor or so and ithey have normal lifts working each section of ten (or whatever number) floors.
Me thinks it will fail, when first hurricane arrives into this area.
Quote from Kid222 :Me thinks it will fail, when first hurricane arrives into this area.

Yeh because they built it on sand out of paper and matchsticks.
Holy building making BATMAN!! SHITS HUGEEEEE!!!
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Yeh because they built it on sand out of paper and matchsticks.

Seriously, it looks like first strong wind will break it in half. Even if it's from steel/anything...

And i bet, Bin Laden is building huge ventilators somewhere near.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Exactly, you can almost count the serious terror attacks of the last century on one hand, yet everyone is scared shitless. They don't even need to perform terror attacks to terrorise anyone anymore

Yeah, seems like terrorism didn't exist until it touched holy land.
I bet the first day it's open someone will be base jumping it.
Quote from Kid222 :Me thinks it will fail, when first hurricane arrives into this area.

Do you even get hurricanes in the middle-east?
#71 - Jakg
Quote from Scatter :I wonder how they can pump concrete up there without it beginning to harden up...
All I know is that the concrete is very special since it has to support such a huge building and every batch made has to be checked.

It's put under high pressure - the construction of such things is actually pretty interesting...
how they got that big crane up there?
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :how they got that big crane up there?

And more to the question. How much are they paying the bloke that drives it !?! Wouldn't get me up there for ten million quid. I'm getting dizzy just looking at the pictures.
I wonna base jump it!

*crazed look in her eyes*
#75 - Jakg
OT:

"Credits:
Niki Meredith - Webdesign"

The Burj-Dubai skyscraper
(81 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG