The online racing simulator
Why you shouldn't buy cheap PSUs
(23 posts, started )
Not exactly a very subjective test as it is done by a competitor to promote their products. Not that cheap PSUs couldnt be crappy, but they dont even tell anything about their testing methods. For example, they could very well be at only 75% of the total "advertised" output but be deliberately overloading a single output rail to get it to blow up.
Yeah, I agree it isn't particularly subjective (they didn't do the same thing with a Corsair PSU) but its fun.

According to the post where I got that from (the original poster works for Corsair, but I don't know if he's one of the people in the vid) the PSU was "rated at +3.3V@28A,+5V@34A,+12V@21A. We tested it with the 12V at 18A, the 3.3V at 20A, and the 5V at 10A on our load testers."
#4 - Jakg
The original PSU is probably from Coolermaster btw
#5 - G!NhO
i have a cooler master real power pro 520Watt, will mine xplode too?
Quote from G!NhO :i have a cooler master real power pro 520Watt, will mine xplode too?

#7 - G!NhO
lol that sucks
Atleast you're gonna make some popcorn.
if it dies within a year, i can go back to the shop and they replace it
Quote from G!NhO :if it dies within a year, i can go back to the shop and they replace it

In case of YOU, it'll die in 1 year + 1 DAY
Quote from Töki (HUN) :In case of YOU, it'll die in 1 year + 1 DAY

well that would suck, but i dont think it will die
Quote from G!NhO :well that would suck, but i dont think it will die

No it won't, you'll kill that.
its quite funny how many cheapstick PSU's i blow up per week and NO it's not my fault!
lol@ the corsair worker: he scared himself, atleast i have cool backfire comming out of it B)
i just orderede a 550watt coolermaster rated at 80+ efficiency.
no please be serious, does Cooler master really make bad PSU's?
#17 - Jakg
No not really - they are a hell of a lot better than most PSU's.
ah thanks
Pfft those "explosions" are nothing !

I ran my EZ-Cool super silent 650W PSU till it went "fiiiiiiiz BANG ! *huge flash here*"

Smells nasty

Sarge.

Edit: Bump !
Those PSUs are NOT Coolermaster products.

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG